[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a big reactor controller and wanted to know what kind of building I should look for in the cities. I know that the ones with a chimney on top are for tinker and pneumatic craft stuff.

So where would I need to look for big reactors parts?
the big round building with darkened glass for a roof I heard

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a big reactor controller and wanted to know what kind of building I should look for in the cities. I know that the ones with a chimney on top are for tinker and pneumatic craft stuff.

So where would I need to look for big reactors parts?
There's another thread called Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion that has a very detailed walkthrough for the city by Raveb. I'm taking notes:p

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
he also needs to remember mechanics for several different versions of each mod (currently his pack, the forgecraft server and CL), and the HQM survival maps tend to change a lot of recipes, and CL has some mods he is unfamiliar with
I agree, recipes change. Mechanics, tho do not. The point I was making was specific to genericb not realizing he wasn't setting the output of the energy cell in his vid.

For direwolf, not utilizing the tinkers straight away. Not only is this very similar to agskies in the sense that the normal vanilla tools are useless, he had it set so he could see the durability as well, yet he made the axe, etc... nitpicking, but it's those kinds of things that are shoe throwing worthy material. again, pretty nitpicky. And I picked on DW20 and genericb cause they were what we've been speaking about, but it was more a general comment about other tubers doing vids that have not a clue what they are doing but are more for entertaining. Too many shoe throwing moments I guess.

Trust me. Watching DW20 and pahimar face crash landing has been fun. I just grin ear to ear when they run into one of the stumbling blocks that we've all run into, cause it's a glimpse of familiarity there. Near the end of episode 3 I think, he was like, yeah, get the so and so, I don't think ME is different (checks but only one level) Yeah, it's a normal recipe. But he didn't check the processor recipe, which requires way more effort than it would normally. That was not a shoe throwing moment. That was a grinning ear to ear waiting for the other shoe to drop moment :)

I'd just expect for them to know the mods much better than me (again, not recipes, mods). Especially when each of these mods, dw has done mod spotlights (or many) on them.

I learned about using fluiducts on smeltery's by watching their agskies stuff, so yeah. Still teachers to me.[DOUBLEPOST=1409647070][/DOUBLEPOST]
the big round building with darkened glass for a roof I heard
that building is completely unmistakable. You will definately know it when you see it.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
For direwolf, not utilizing the tinkers straight away. Not only is this very similar to agskies in the sense that the normal vanilla tools are useless, he had it set so he could see the durability as well, yet he made the axe, etc... nitpicking, but it's those kinds of things that are shoe throwing worthy material. again, pretty nitpicky. And I picked on DW20 and genericb cause they were what we've been speaking about, but it was more a general comment about other tubers doing vids that have not a clue what they are doing but are more for entertaining. Too many shoe throwing moments I guess.

Trust me. Watching DW20 and pahimar face crash landing has been fun. I just grin ear to ear when they run into one of the stumbling blocks that we've all run into, cause it's a glimpse of familiarity there. Near the end of episode 3 I think, he was like, yeah, get the so and so, I don't think ME is different (checks but only one level) Yeah, it's a normal recipe. But he didn't check the processor recipe, which requires way more effort than it would normally. That was not a shoe throwing moment. That was a grinning ear to ear waiting for the other shoe to drop moment. :)

One of my favourite moments: Pahimar- "Why is there no recipe for grout showing up in NEI?" about 30 seconds later "Ohhh nooo".

Another one: DW20: "Take a drink of water"
Pahimar: "But I don't need one"
DW20: "No, get a drink of water in real life"
Pahimar: "Ok"
DW20: "Have you had a drink of water?"
Pahimar: "Yes"
DW20: "Ok, now look at the recipe".

Couple of episodes later: "Look at the recipe and faint".

Reactions: Shane2482

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't matter how squids spawn. The post I was replying to didn't say "mobs that strictly follow passive mob-spawning rules do not spawn in Crash Landing." The post said "passive mobs do not spawn in Crash Landing." The squid is a passive mob, it spawns in Crash Landing.

How it spawns is immaterial.

I noticed an interesting mod interaction. There was an Enderman jockey on a baby ghast floating around my base. Evidently it tries to teleport away but is stuck to the baby ghast. That attempted teleport still triggers the pneumaticraft seed mechanism. The roof of my dome was covered in creeper seeds, literally covered. Now I just need to trap them in a small room with an item collection method. Actually if I spawn a baby ghast and an enderman in the same room I would expect the baby ghast to pick it up, making this easy. New project!

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
It doesn't matter how squids spawn. The post I was replying to didn't say "mobs that strictly follow passive mob-spawning rules do not spawn in Crash Landing." The post said "passive mobs do not spawn in Crash Landing." The squid is a passive mob, it spawns in Crash Landing.

How it spawns is immaterial.

I noticed an interesting mod interaction. There was an Enderman jockey on a baby ghast floating around my base. Evidently it tries to teleport away but is stuck to the baby ghast. That attempted teleport still triggers the pneumaticraft seed mechanism. The roof of my dome was covered in creeper seeds, literally covered. Now I just need to trap them in a small room with an item collection method. Actually if I spawn a baby ghast and an enderman in the same room I would expect the baby ghast to pick it up, making this easy. New project!
no squid is an aquatic mob, and separate from passive spawns

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
no squid is an aquatic mob, and separate from passive spawns

He didn't say passive spawn, he said passive mob. Squid is a passive mob, regardless of how it is spawned. Aquatic, arboreal, subterranean, whatever, immaterial.

When referring to passive mobs the alternative are hostile mobs. Is the squid hostile? No.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
He didn't say passive spawn, he said passive mob. Squid is a passive mob, regardless of how it is spawned. Aquatic, arboreal, subterranean, whatever, immaterial.
but the mechanism is different and he may have missed changing their spawnrate

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
but the mechanism is different and he may have missed changing their spawnrate

Which is fine but isn't what I'm talking about.

Very simply put, he/she said "passive mobs do not spawn in crash landing". I stated that wasn't "entirely true" due to squids spawning in Crash Landing. I still don't see any problem with my statement. If you want to clarify what had or had not been changed intentionally with regards to mob spawning in Crash Landing you should probably respond to the original post, not my reply, or start a new one. I wasn't commenting on how they spawned, or why they spawned, but that they did indeed spawn which invalidated any blanket statement that passive mobs do not spawn in Crash Landing.

If he had said every passive mob except squids do not spawn in Crash Landing I wouldn't have replied.

If I were new to the pack and read "passive mobs do not spawn in Crash Landing" I would believe that I could not get squids through vanilla mechanics.

In either case, I'm done trying to explain it. The 3-4 people who actually read the series of posts will know that they can get squids in Crash Landing via vanilla mechanics. Mission Accomplished.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC

Vidra53croatia

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to get onion, bellpepper and chili peper seeds?
have spent a hour trying to get it from bonemealing the grass but nothing.. :((((

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to get onion, bellpepper and chili peper seeds?
have spent a hour trying to get it from bonemealing the grass but nothing.. :((((
Use a mattock on the grass blocks to hoe the grass and get seeds of stuff you can't get from bonemealing grass.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Genny is becoming almost unbearable to watch... ._.
Right? Like half his videos are some type of modded minecraft, but he still can't be bothered to learn even the fundamentals. Ah well, he's still better than most vanilla players.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
The Future of Crash Landing
plz visit for info on Crash Landing
it's good to hear that he has his health prioritized properly, here's to hoping he gets better soon.

so i'm curious if this 1.1.2a bugfix release he mentions will fix the two primary issues with the pack: needing to enter /hqm quest at the start and having to disable mob griefing. both seem like easy fixes, unless i'm completely failing to understand how the worlds are created (which is entirely possible).

unrelated but amusing: apparently you can create bone knives, but not bone swords, with tinker's construct. it begs the question: is this an intentional balance adjustment by iskandar, or just an oversight in the mod itself?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
apparently you can create bone knives, but not bone swords, with tinker's construct. it begs the question: is this an intentional balance adjustment by iskandar, or just an oversight in the mod itself?

It's always been that way with iguana tinkers tweaks. The idea is a knife is crappy so you should be able to have access to it early in the form of flint or in this case bone. Swords are good and can only be made from metals or harder to get materials like netherrack or obsidian.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
It's always been that way with iguana tinkers tweaks. The idea is a knife is crappy so you should be able to have access to it early in the form of flint or in this case bone. Swords are good and can only be made from metals or harder to get materials like netherrack or obsidian.
you can make 'em from stone, so i don't see that line of logic working very well. also, it could relatively easily be argued that knives are better than swords, due to the flexibility they provide with their special ability to be thrown. if you could stack knives, they would be strictly better in most circumstances imo.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished all the quests available and I have to say, was a cool adventure with quite a different feel to it I really enjoyed.

I have just one problem regarding the first page of quests.

I was able to finish 30 quests and had to edit the first quest to complete, because I couldn't complete it. But I still have only 93%, is this because of the "hard route" quest or are there other with triggers that aren't visible even in edit mode?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished all the quests available and I have to say, was a cool adventure with quite a different feel to it I really enjoyed.

I have just one problem regarding the first page of quests.

I was able to finish 30 quests and had to edit the first quest to complete, because I couldn't complete it. But I still have only 93%, is this because of the "hard route" quest or are there other with triggers that aren't visible even in edit mode?

There are 32 quests on the first page. "Important Information!" can't be finished without going into edit mode (could that get turned into an actual quest please?) and "Making a Killing" is a hidden quest, it unlocks after killing a certain amount of mobs.

Reactions: Giddimani