Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I'm sure Greg is a nice guy, but there is still a lot of hurt and mistrust out there because of the whole GT/TiC thing. While it is fine to disagree and state that it's all in the past is fine, but it may take people longer to forgive :)
I respect Greg's vision, even if it isn't my idea of fun. I also respect your right to enjoy that vision.

Fear of a RF dominated modding scene is just silly. It's not going to make Greg or Reika change their mods. They have their visions, and will stick to them.
i'm just gonna miss MJ(and, by extension, EU) if they dissapear. i just worry of 2 things.
1.RF becomes standard, RoC/GT/others all become odd standouts.
2.RF support will become demanded, in mods where it does not fit. and if those mods do not add it, they are viewed "bad" by many.
(tinfoil hats for everyone!)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
What I heard from that:
"This thread is where this thread goes to shit"
Seems legit.
what? how? why? nvm...
/me is confuzzled
i'm just gonna miss MJ(and, by extension, EU) if they dissapear. i just worry of 2 things.
2.RF support will become demanded, in mods where it does not fit. and if those mods do not add it, they are viewed "bad" by many.
this so much this

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
No, like I said I feel like we're in agreement now, even if you don't agree that we're in agreement.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
And meanwhile, magic mods, like Blood Magic and Botania, continue to innovate, because they are not limited by a unified power system.

I sincerely think that these unified power systems (even EU and MJ) are killing creativity. TE and RF were amazing, because they brought out a new style of play. But now, RF is taking over everything, and there are less and less mods that go out of their way to make an advanced power system. I like that RF exists, as there does need to be plug and play style mods, for people who want them. But it shouldn't all be plug and play. There should be other options, continueing to be created.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
No, like I said I feel like we're in agreement now, even if you don't agree that we're in agreement.
Okay then o_O[DOUBLEPOST=1409546615][/DOUBLEPOST]
And meanwhile, magic mods, like Blood Magic and Botania, continue to innovate, because they are not limited by a unified power system.

I sincerely think that these unified power systems (even EU and MJ) are killing creativity. TE and RF were amazing, because they brought out a new style of play. But now, RF is taking over everything, and there are less and less mods that go out of their way to make an advanced power system. I like that RF exists, as there does need to be plug and play style mods, for people who want them. But it shouldn't all be plug and play. There should be other options, continueing to be created.
oh this so much this

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with this, but I feel like if users need to be closed off from easier content to make them choose more complicated content, they didn't really want the complicated content to start with. I'm always in favor of the player having as much choice as possible.
This is true. It is a game. People should do what is enjoyable to them. However, in a multiplayer environment it is a bit more complex, especially if it has competition mechanics. For example, if Bob uses a really complex and slow mod while Steve uses a really fast/simple/easy mod, then Steve has an advantage over Bob. Thus, Bob might feel compelled to use the easy mod for equality. Some mods are simply better than other mods if you want to progress quickly and easily. Mods are not balanced against each other. Thus, one will always be superior and people tend to gravitate to it.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
This is true. It is a game. People should do what is enjoyable to them. However, in a multiplayer environment it is a bit more complex, especially if it has competition mechanics. For example, if Bob uses a really complex and slow mod while Steve uses a really fast/simple/easy mod, then Steve has an advantage over Bob. Thus, Bob might feel compelled to use the easy mod for equality. Some mods are simply better than other mods if you want to progress quickly and easily. Mods are not balanced against each other. Thus, one will always be superior and people tend to gravitate to it.

Yes, but like I said, those people clearly didn't want the complicated content in the first place, or at least didn't value it as highly as they do competing with other people.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Plot twist: Aspects and essentia become magic standard!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but like I said, those people clearly didn't want the complicated content in the first place, or at least didn't value it as highly as they do competing with other people.
still bad for multi-player as there will be some who will stick with it and be left behind

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
NEVER, Botania must have hippie mana
Hippie Aspect
c75f39d85ed706c20ed4a19586c89b6c7e7af0b0.jpg

Reactions: Kill-Joy

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Plot twist: Aspects and essentia become magic standard!

Not sure what is worse in this hypothetical situation honestly. Use only RF, or use only essentia. I would hate both, I know that much.

Edit: Seriously guys, keep the off-topic and picture posting to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.