[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I have completely, 100% searched my starting city. No Big Reactor factories, what-so-ever-at-all. So yeah, I think I'm gana have to move to the next town over (which I do know where it is, just haven't been inside yet) to find any Big Reactor parts.

The reactor building are big black cylinders with yellow/black bricks around the top and bottom - the city I found had 2 The broken reactor is on the ground floor with leaking fuel, there is a broken turbine on 2nd floor along with blazes and friends - holes in the floor for them to reach the reactor below.
If you look at Funshines video of the city you can see one as he first arrives.

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
does the Technological revolution quest tree even have a way to start it yet? I've done every quest in the first 2 quest trees that i can (pressure still says only 80% but 12 out of 12 quests complete with 0 able to be) The Technological Revolution quest tree is still greyed out, why is that?

Alex Bernet

Jul 29, 2019
Guyz is the silky jewel modifier disabled on 1.1.2 for hatchet? i can't add it on my hatchet and i grinded so hard to get the block of emerald

EDIT #1: i just saw hatchet doesnt have any modifier slots, so maybe i need to add one first, is that it ?

EDIT #2: i tried to add a modifier slot on my hatchet with a diamond+gold block but it can't be done. what is going on guyz ? any1 ?

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
does the Technological revolution quest tree even have a way to start it yet? I've done every quest in the first 2 quest trees that i can (pressure still says only 80% but 12 out of 12 quests complete with 0 able to be) The Technological Revolution quest tree is still greyed out, why is that?

You have to make 3 circuit boards by hand to trigger the hidden quest that unlocks the Technological revolution. I had a similar issue because I use SFM to auto craft my circuits.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, but seriously, days later, no squids.

Squids will only spawn in pools greater than 23 blocks from a player spawn point. Or some such distance. If your pool is right where you respawn when you die, you won't spawn squid.

Hope that helps, and
KeepOnDigging!

Reactions: Pyure

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Guyz is the silky jewel modifier disabled on 1.1.2 for hatchet? i can't add it on my hatchet and i grinded so hard to get the block of emerald

EDIT #1: i just saw hatchet doesnt have any modifier slots, so maybe i need to add one first, is that it ?

EDIT #2: i tried to add a modifier slot on my hatchet with a diamond+gold block but it can't be done. what is going on guyz ? any1 ?
TiC Tweaks disables adding slots to items by default. You will need to level up your hatchet by using it on wood to get a modifier slot.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Squids will only spawn in pools greater than 23 blocks from a player spawn point. Or some such distance. If your pool is right where you respawn when you die, you won't spawn squid.

Hope that helps, and
KeepOnDigging!
I don't think server spawn point affects mob spawning, but Euclidian distance from the player does. Stay at least 25 blocks away from your squid pool when you want them to be spawning. Happy squidding!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Talking about squidding, has anyone seen them actually drop a squid food item in this pack? I thought pam's added a squid drop.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I'll check it out and add it to the next tips video and give you credit for it.

No credits necessary, SFM it just a fantastic mod. I used it in AgSkies for almost all automation and still have barely scratched the surface.

Here the basic Soul Sand setup:
lcXPiTL.png

vgrCXt5.png

"Every 1 sec" (Trigger)
- Interval: 1 sec

"Do ..." (Flow)
- 2-way Splitter, actually not required ... right now :)

"Get Water" (Liquid Input)
- Tanks: Drum
- Targets: Up (since you would connect a fluiduct on the top to pipe something out)
- Liquid: Whitelist, Water, 1 bucket (right-click on the water pic to set the quantity)

"Into Barrel" (Liquid Output)
- Tanks: Barrel
- Targets: Down
- Liquid: Blacklist, Empty

"Get Sand" (Input)
- Inventories: Chest
- Target: any
- Items: Whitelist, Sand, Amount 1 (again, right-click to set quantity)

"Into Barrel" (Output)
- Inventories: Barrel
- Target: Up
- Items: Blacklist, Empty

"Get Soulsand" (Input)
- Target: Down

"Into Chest" (Output)

And just to demonstrate how awesome SFM is, let's fill the drum back up.
Fw6ig04.png

YCHIazK.png

Yep, that's why the splitter is in there. :) You could keep appending the blocks to the existing branch, but I like to keep it organized.

"Get Leaves" (Input)
- Items: Whitelist, Oak Leaves, Amount 1, Fuzzy Detection

"Into Crucible" (Output)
- Inventories: Crucible

- Tanks: Crucible
- Target: North (or south/east/west, any of the sides works)
- Liquids: Blacklist, Empty

"Into Drum" (Liquid Output)
- Target: Down (you would pipe in from the bottom)

Now just keep sand in the chest, throw in any type of leaves (although, I don't think Iskander added a recipe for Rubber Leaves) and you've got an automated soul sand production.
fvBY1jz.png

By the way, an ME Interface works perfectly later in the game as replacement for the chest.

If you need more/faster water, simply add another crucible or two to ANY side of the SFM blocks. Add the new crucible(s) to "Into Crucible" and "Get Water" and that's it. This system is really modular and easy to extend.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Talking about squidding, has anyone seen them actually drop a squid food item in this pack? I thought pam's added a squid drop.
Yeah, the squid drop is disabled in the config, which makes sense of course, it's odd enough that you can find/catch fish on a dust planet. I recall doing some pretty cheesy stuff early game ag skys with squid farms. Course farms on that scale would be a bit more of a project in crash landing, but still likely too easy an early game food source.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You did say 'cheaty' or some such at least twice, if not more times than that.
it is cheaty for this mod pack. it almost replaces a whole multiblock structure. But exploits are doing stuff that abuses the game mech, IE "using a bug to get an advantage". where as cheaty as in - to gain an unfair advantage.[DOUBLEPOST=1408412651][/DOUBLEPOST]
No credits necessary, SFM it just a fantastic mod. I used it in AgSkies for almost all automation and still have barely scratched the surface.

Here the basic Soul Sand setup:
lcXPiTL.png

vgrCXt5.png

"Every 1 sec" (Trigger)
- Interval: 1 sec

"Do ..." (Flow)
- 2-way Splitter, actually not required ... right now :)

- Targets: Up (since you would connect a fluiduct on the top to pipe something out)
- Liquid: Whitelist, Water, 1 bucket (right-click on the water pic to set the quantity)

"Into Barrel" (Liquid Output)
- Tanks: Barrel
- Targets: Down
- Liquid: Blacklist, Empty

"Get Sand" (Input)
- Items: Whitelist, Sand, Amount 1 (again, right-click to set quantity)

"Into Barrel" (Output)

"Get Soulsand" (Input)
- Target: Down

"Into Chest" (Output)

And just to demonstrate how awesome SFM is, let's fill the drum back up.
Fw6ig04.png

YCHIazK.png

Yep, that's why the splitter is in there. :) You could keep appending the blocks to the existing branch, but I like to keep it organized.

"Get Leaves" (Input)
- Items: Whitelist, Oak Leaves, Amount 1, Fuzzy Detection

"Into Crucible" (Output)
- Inventories: Crucible

- Tanks: Crucible
- Target: North (or south/east/west, any of the sides works)

"Into Drum" (Liquid Output)
- Target: Down (you would pipe in from the bottom)

Now just keep sand in the chest, throw in any type of leaves (although, I don't think Iskander added a recipe for Rubber Leaves) and you've got an automated soul sand production.
fvBY1jz.png

By the way, an ME Interface works perfectly later in the game as replacement for the chest.

If you need more/faster water, simply add another crucible or two to ANY side of the SFM blocks. Add the new crucible(s) to "Into Crucible" and "Get Water" and that's it. This system is really modular and easy to extend.
I'll have to look that one up cause i don't believe i have used that mod. Does it work better then just using ducts or hoppers?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
it was turned off in 1.1.1. I was living off of fish sandwiches before then. Iskandar loves watching us starve. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1408413973][/DOUBLEPOST]
it is cheaty for this mod pack. it almost replaces a whole multiblock structure. But exploits are doing stuff that abuses the game mech, IE "using a bug to get an advantage". where as cheaty as in - to gain an unfair advantage.[DOUBLEPOST=1408412651][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll have to look that one up cause i don't believe i have used that mod. Does it work better then just using ducts or hoppers?

He's referring to one entry point for all connections (item ducts, power if need be, AE system, fluids, enderio is pretty awesome.)

But, in 1.1.1 I setup my mob farm using SFM and had to only hook up a single cable, so same benefit. Plus I was able to do some interesting things with the drops, etc... more than just sorting out. Checking for bows/armor if enchanted, moving to trash if not, move to extra storage if. SFM is awesomeness wrapped around a pork sandwich which is imbued in SFM grease. god, I don't even like pork that much (wife is allergic, so I don't eat it anymore either) but those pigs po'd me bigtime so I am virtually eating pork only from now on.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
it was turned off in 1.1.1. I was living off of fish sandwiches before then. Iskandar loves watching us starve. :)

Yeah, the noob that I am, I didn't come along until 1.1.2 with all the talk of squid I started thinking of my Ag skies squid farms.

Edit: While I'm sure NO one cares, I miss spoke above. I started playing CL in 1.1.1 not 1.1.2 What I meant above is that I had no experience with versions preceding 1.1.1

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Oh, as far as enderio goes, I thought of one thing. I moved to sfm from ducts, etc.. cause of creeper explosions. SFM seemed to be immune to the explosions. Wonder if enderIO is the same. Possibly just having one outer facing connection not within the confines of the drop zone might be enough as it stands.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, the noob that I am, I didn't come along until 1.1.2 with all the talk of squid I started thinking of my Ag skies squid farms.
oh I gotta tell ya, those fish sandwiches were pretty friggin awesome at the start. Poor guys would see me coming and try to run (emphasis on try). I ended up making a high dive over their pool so I could quickly zip down to their depth and surprise em. yup. I was pretty dang bored. On that note, flowing water source blocks should be re-enabled since you can't use the water on the ground anymore. Will be easier to make my diving pool. hey, you got to have a way to virtually pretend you're not in the middle of a huge desert dying of heatstroke all the time.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Do you still remember the builds with RedPower2? All the tubes, sorting machines, transposers, filters and relays? And then Applied Energistics appeared.

SFM is a similar leap forward. Doesn't mean it is always better or that everybody likes it ("magic blocks" etc.), just that what you can do with it is simply insane. But ducts and hoppers still have their purpose ... unless you have EnderIO in the pack. :D