1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I think removing unneeded mods from megapack is still way easier than adding mods by hand and having to keep them updated. So, I would welcome having one megapack, even if it is without that newfangled quest thingie and I have to remove 2/3 of it before I start playing.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Fallacy or not, all that really matters is what the end user thinks and does.

FTB is a free service so at the end all that matters is they have fun building the packs and maintaining them.

And please stop equalizing your opinion with those of all end users.

And still, I don't understand why not just play the DW20 pack, which essentially was a copy of Monster with minor changes.

Indeed. I didn't realize FTB had become such rockstars that they can give a middle finger to server owners.

Thankful for those @ guys. I've seen all I need to here, lol...

The only middle finger I see is yours in the FTB teams direction, because they don't make the pack you want. Even if you don't use their packs in the future you should be thanking them for their work you enjoyed and probably still enjoy, instead you berate them. :(

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Free service people! FTB is the result of the blood, sweat and tears of the many devs (may that be forum, wiki, modpack or otherwise) have done to ease the modding platform for those that like to mod Minecraft. The FTB guys are handing out a FRAMEWORK for everyone to use and modify as they so wish FOR FREE. If the framework does not satisfy a user's needs, then the user can do the necessary work themselves so the framework works for them. Until these guys give up their career for FTB (which is entirely unlikely - people have careers yo!), this is entirely done in their FREE TIME. As the saying goes: "If you don't like the meal, cook it yourself." The same applies here. Don't like the modpack? Make one yourself.

I made my own packs for private and small-distributed use for over a year up until I heard about FTB nearly 2 years ago. Honestly, it is worth the effort, you learn the skills needed to actually debug Minecraft (and learn a tiny bit of java too), and you learn to communicate with the mod authors in a respective manner about the bug/flaw that you have discovered.

So before you say that modifying the existing packs is difficult, try modding and debugging Minecraft Beta. Modded beta makes the simple task of reporting a bug on a forum/gitHub (or git equivalent) look like making tea.

Again, thanks to the FTB fellas that have made this big ball of modded yarn for all of us to have fun with! I would not have survived if I were in your position :)

Kandrathe

Jul 29, 2019
That's a personal pack of mine. Not all the packs I create are FTB packs.

There are FTB packs I create, and there are packs I create and put on the FTB launcher.

Ag Skies, Magic Farm, Austere Fantasy, Flower Power and Steam Revolutions are all personal packs I have made or have plans for.

Blood N Bones is Eyamaz's pack. Also not an FTB pack... and as a side note he should be asleep not liking posts on forums :p
Is there any chance you might reach out to Glimmar to adopt his Steampunk textures and resource pack? T'would be sooo cool.

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. I didn't realize FTB had become such rockstars that they can give a middle finger to server owners.

Thankful for those @ guys. I've seen all I need to here, lol...

lol...so...not agreeing with you = giving the middle finger? mmmkay.

Le Jeanquaillant

Jul 29, 2019
Giving a middle finger to server owners? Ok thats new for me. Where did you get those ideas from?
FTB brought a whole new dimension to the modding world for minecraft. So I think the server owners should probably thank FTB for giving them great packs. Also the lauchers makes it easier for them to get a server running and let people connect in easy way.

Maybe the future is in highly customized packs.. I dont know. But change is most of the time a good thing to do. We just have to wait and see what the Modpack makers are going to bring. And if its better or just as good as the previous ones ill definitely play them.

And a final thing I wanted to say is that FTB can't make a pack that everybody likes. So if you don't like the packs FTB is making or is going to make then make your own modpack. Or is that too difficult?

Totally agree! I also noticed that there are way too many change-o-phobic grandpas in here (just made up that expression).

Le Jeanquaillant

Jul 29, 2019
Not all of us "oldies" are change resistant, let alone grandpas or even papas. We may have to grow older but there's nothing in the rules that says we have to grow up :D
Firstly, I doubt you're a grandpa (60+). Secondly, you gotta admit that many men grow very resistant to change when they get older; that's just a thing I noticed, I may be wrong.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
lol...so...not agreeing with you = giving the middle finger? mmmkay.
You haven't worked in customer service recently, have you? :p

"No, you can't smoke in a nonsmoking room."
(shocked expression, belligerence, "I'll never stay here again", complains to corporate)

"No, your half-price discount does not entitle you to an executive jacuzzi suite with an extra bed, and you cannot put seven people in a standard room. However, I will be happy to waive the advance purchase requirement and match your rate for an additional room."
(shocked expression, belligerence, "I'll never stay here again", complains to corporate)

"No, we will not be opening the restaurant two hours early. I will give you an extra pack of coffee for your room, and you can stop at waffle house on your way to the airport."

"Housekeeping went home four hours ago. I will not call them back to clean your room, even though you just removed the "Do Not Disturb" sign. I will however bring you fresh towels and remove the used ones."

"No, the cab company requires that the customer call for themselves. If I call for you, they won't come. Here, I'll dial the number for you and hand you the phone."

These days, saying "no" is apparently considered the height of rudeness. It doesn't matter how silly or unreasonable the request is, if you say "no", you are the rudest person they have ever met and should be fired immediately. I'm just thankful for security cameras with audio. Of course, nowadays you have online review sites with little to no supervision or verification. I've seen so many blatant lies posted about my own property that I take any online review with a grain of salt... or a whole saltshaker.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

I managed a restaurant for a decade, so this made me giggle very much so. My personal favorites were always people trying to get a discount/free food after eating their entire meal and then complaining that it wasn't good, didn't taste right, or wasn't cooked correctly (mind you, leaving not a scrap on the plate) and the shock on their faces when they wouldn't get it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Firstly, I doubt you're a grandpa (60+). Secondly, you gotta admit that many men grow very resistant to change when they get older; that's just a thing I noticed, I may be wrong.

Is 56 close enough? I will admit that some have a hard time with change, but think my generation is generally more open minded at this age than previous ones have been. :D

Also, why limit the discussion to men?

Reactions: RedBoss

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

"No, you can't smoke in a nonsmoking room."

"No, your half-price discount does not entitle you to an executive jacuzzi suite with an extra bed, and you cannot put seven people in a standard room. However, I will be happy to waive the advance purchase requirement and match your rate for an additional room."

"No, we will not be opening the restaurant two hours early. I will give you an extra pack of coffee for your room, and you can stop at waffle house on your way to the airport."

"Housekeeping went home four hours ago. I will not call them back to clean your room, even though you just removed the "Do Not Disturb" sign. I will however bring you fresh towels and remove the used ones."

"No, the cab company requires that the customer call for themselves. If I call for you, they won't come. Here, I'll dial the number for you and hand you the phone."

These days, saying "no" is apparently considered the height of rudeness. It doesn't matter how silly or unreasonable the request is, if you say "no", you are the rudest person they have ever met and should be fired immediately. I'm just thankful for security cameras with audio. Of course, nowadays you have online review sites with little to no supervision or verification. I've seen so many blatant lies posted about my own property that I take any online review with a grain of salt... or a whole saltshaker.

I have no problem telling people that they're wrong, but then I work in IT where we can politely tell our client-base that if they want the latest greatest laptop to read their e-mail they have to get approval (and budget) from their department manager, and that no, we cannot change the server disk quota just for their account so they can store more pictures and/or music.

Status
Not open for further replies.