PhoenixConfig - Modular Configs for 1.7.10

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Technically I had no hand in the PhoenixConfig project, that's all you guys. I suppose by playing on the server I'm indirectly helping maybe? Thanks for the mention anyways :p
Oh that was a newer blog post about the PhoenixTeam in general...scroll one down

Reactions: Lumaceon

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
For versionchecking, we could have a version file that is updated. Check what version the file is, compare what version you have installed, alert if the versions do not match. This could be annoying for testing purposes though, in which case you have a later version than what is given.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
@Golrith , I've added your nerfs to the github and the OP. I had to do the comment thing with the BoP plank nerfs because if I didn't, the script wouldn't function without Biomes 'O Plenty. If there's anything you want to change, just tell me :D

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah...cool mod just not what I was looking for. I am going to start looking at changing file name with my mod soo if anyone wants to point me somewhere be my guest
have the mod check the first line of each installed module (we'll need to add version numbers) for a version string. At least, that's the first thing I thought of.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
have the mod check the first line of each installed module (we'll need to add version numbers) for a version string. At least, that's the first thing I thought of.
Good idea...will think on it. I don't know how to read files yet though could you teach me sometime?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
@Golrith , I've added your nerfs to the github and the OP. I had to do the comment thing with the BoP plank nerfs because if I didn't, the script wouldn't function without Biomes 'O Plenty. If there's anything you want to change, just tell me :D
One mans nerf is another mans balance :p

For obtaining item IDs, I use NEI item panel dump (my mod pack has 28k items - ouch, although half of those are microblocks/facades - crazy)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Would anyone be interested in recipes that adjust Mekanisms recipes to be more interesting? I'm finding in 1.7.10 that they seriously lack any "creativity" and "sense" being a combination of circuits + alloys. I've styled them to be similar to TE machines (so as a result, Thermal Foundation is required and some are more expensive).

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone be interested in recipes that adjust Mekanisms recipes to be more interesting? I'm finding in 1.7.10 that they seriously lack any "creativity" and "sense" being a combination of circuits + alloys. I've styled them to be similar to TE machines (so as a result, Thermal Foundation is required and some are more expensive).

Trust me, from what i seen of what you can do. I am interested in everything made by you.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving the community effort put forth here.

Having been a part of Omega Dawn's server, I can say from experience that @Golrith puts together one hell of a pack. Not for the faint of heart, or the impatient, but with purpose and clarity of vision at a time when packs like Agrarian Skies or Blood 'n Bones had not been developed yet. I wish I had more time back then to keep up with it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm loving the community effort put forth here.

Having been a part of Omega Dawn's server, I can say from experience that @Golrith puts together one hell of a pack. Not for the faint of heart, or the impatient, but with purpose and clarity of vision at a time when packs like Agrarian Skies or Blood 'n Bones had not been developed yet. I wish I had more time back then to keep up with it.
Thanks Gnomeo. I think of Omega Dawn as somewhere between Vanilla and BNB and Vanilla and GregTech (to use two popular extremes). Something that adds more challenge to survival without making it too much of a nightmare. Plus the important bit, I only make a change if I'm willing to play with that change. What really made Omega Dawn though was Primitive Mobs, survival hasn't been as challenging without that mod. I really hope it does update as I've found no other mod that could replace it (yet).

Reactions: glepet1962