Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
How would that work though? Would it have some internal storage buffer? Would you give it buckets? Would it only extract as many liquids as you have pipes on it?

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
How would that work though? Would it have some internal storage buffer? Would you give it buckets? Would it only extract as many liquids as you have pipes on it?
I'm thinking upgrade the standard digital miner with components from his main big tanks and his portable tanks, throw in a teleportation core or two and Bob's you uncle a Digit miner that can store mass amount of liquid.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
I have a request! Get this mod into Monster by default. xD

No, I know that is impossible as of right now, But I seriously think Mekanism should be known a bit more than it is. The Mechanical Miner is absolutely wonderful, especially on servers. No huge holes, no lag from chunk loading, just tell it what you need and BOOM!

But, anyways, something I have been wanting is another way to make Hydrogen, and perhaps a more advanced Hydrogen generator. It's not anything important and I could live without it, but being able to make a huge multiblock structure or place a large structure like a MM as a generator would just be amazing.

Also, another request is to have your advanced solar panels move to track the sun like the ones in Galacticraft!

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
More mutliblock structures in general, I have an enormous base and all my machinery fits in a 9x9 :(

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
More mutliblock structures in general, I have an enormous base and all my machinery fits in a 9x9 :(
Taking this into consideration I think it would be cool if we could take our elite factories and build em to say a 3x3x3 so instead of the normal 7x capability it has 3x3x3x7 processing capabilities. Basically an industrial grade machine that can handle a ton of material, of course it would probably use energy at a rate of like 1.5:1 compared to if you just had each elite factory separated. Of course this could easily be the dumbest idea ever, and frankly I could care less about it, but everyone seems to have a craze over multiblocks.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I have a request! Get this mod into Monster by default. xD

No, I know that is impossible as of right now, But I seriously think Mekanism should be known a bit more than it is.
Its actually getting a LOT of exposure. Its included in the Yogscast Complete pack and they have a HUGE following. Its also in the Mindcrack CrackPack which again has huge numbers of users and followers. Mekanism is also part of the new Hermitcraft pack, Bevo's, Solitarycraft and basically all of the premier packs on the ATLauncher. Its also part of the TPPI pack from Reddit. The only place where Mekanism isn't in a featured pack is FTB. Despite it being used widely, requested, and it being RF compatible.

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Its actually getting a LOT of exposure. Its included in the Yogscast Completely pack and they have a HUGE following. Its also in the Mindcrack CrackPack which again has huge numbers of users and followers. Mekanism is part of the new Hermitcraft pack, Bevo's, Solitarycraft and basically all of the premier packs on the ATLauncher. Its also part of the TPPI pack from Reddit. The only place where Mekanism isn't in a featured pack is FTB. Despite it being used widely and it being RF compatible.
And Tekkit.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Its actually getting a LOT of exposure. Its included in the Yogscast Completely pack and they have a HUGE following. Its also in the Mindcrack CrackPack which again has huge numbers of users and followers. Mekanism is part of the new Hermitcraft pack, Bevo's, Solitarycraft and basically all of the premier packs on the ATLauncher. Its also part of the TPPI pack from Reddit. The only place where Mekanism isn't in a featured pack is FTB. Despite it being used widely and it being RF compatible.

Yeah. When my server is out, I will have quarries banned and have players use the Digital Miner instead. As I said before it's less laggy gets the ores you need, doesn't dig up giant holes and doesn't keep the chunk loaded thanks to it being so fast.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe something you connect to the digital miner that lets it extract fluids?

that's what I'd prefer. attach a pump to the miner, add a special upgrade to the miner, and the miner will be able to pump up liquids.
the miner will get a small internal liquid storage, and as soon as this storage gets full, the miner will stop mining till it can export the liquids again.
to export the liquids, you could perhaps attach a tank to the pump, and the miner will export the liquids to the pump and the pump will export it to any attached tanks.

it would also be nice for servers if there was a configuration to only let the digital miner work if it's set to replace the mined blocks with another block.
this way you prevent people from creating small pockets all over the world where mobs could spawn into.
and if the miner would run out of replacement blocks the miner would pause until there's more blocks it can use

Reactions: Padfoote

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
it would also be nice for servers if there was a configuration to only let the digital miner work if it's set to replace the mined blocks with another block.
this way you prevent people from creating small pockets all over the world where mobs could spawn into.
and if the miner would run out of replacement blocks the miner would pause until there's more blocks it can use
I think this is included in the 1.7 version.

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
What do the durability and enchant values in the config file represent. It lists all the mekanism tools enchantibility as 50, is this 50 as compared to say diamond which has a 10?

And the durability values am am not sure how they are used, since mekanism tools each have hitpoints that are given.
and I am not sure exactly how they correlate to useful actions.

I am running mek6.0.5.46 for 1.6.4.

Thanks!

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
Zenthon, regarding some of the issues you are having:
- The Digital Miner obeys server plugins that restrict ordinary unauthorized mining. This means that only servers not using "Property Rights" mods or similar would even remotely have griefing trouble with it. Also it should be noted that there are far easier, more portable and more energy efficient ways to 'grief' someone still ("Equal Trade Focus" from Thaumcraft 4, hello?) so please refrain from such hyperbole if you could.

Old post is old, but this is one of the top Google hits for ["digital miner" griefing].

Digital miner does not respect the Grief Prevention plugin, but it's easy to stop things like the Equal Trade Focus. Is there a good way to prevent digital miner griefing? The best I can do currently is to force it to be placed at least 16 blocks from somebodies claim. Of course, with a radius of 32, this isn't full proof.

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
A) Foolproof, not full proof
B) Then decrease the radius to 16

Thank you grammar lesson. Sadly, your second response isn't helpful at all. That's not an option in the configs, and I'm not in the habit of mindlessly nerfing mods when better solutions are available. The comment I replied to suggests that there is a better method, so that's what I'm looking for.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you grammar lesson. Sadly, your second response isn't helpful at all. I'm not in the habit of mindlessly nerfing mods when better solutions are available. The comment I replied to suggests that there is a better method, so that's what I'm looking for.
Lesson 2: I give solutions I know will work. If it is subpar, then sorry, but I know it will work. I never played on a server where griefing was an issue. I don't know how mods on servers deal with it. This is what I know will work.

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, I thought that you were looking for solutions. That is a solution, albeit a substandard one.

No, it isn't. Your suggestion does not in anyway prevent griefing. It prevents accidental destruction of other peoples property, but it does not prevent intentional griefing, which is what I asked: "Is there a good way to prevent digital miner griefing?"

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You're asking in the wrong place then I suppose. You should be asking the grief prevention plugin authors since they are the ones who did those plugins that are supposed to prevent griefing. Mod authors aren't responsible for protecting players against griefing unless it is part of their mod's functionality.

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
I'm asking here because the topic has already been discussed here by Vaygrim. If you're not Vaygrim and you don't have an answer to the question, then there's really no need to respond.