[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fine if endermen can steal blocks, but with how many creepers there are having them destroy blocks is too much for me.
Now I have to decide on what kind of challenge I want.
1) MobGreifing= true. But reduce the # of creepers by a lot.
2) MobGreifing= false. Then daylight is more dangerous.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Just got 1.1.2 and started playing. Was creeper griefing put back in (pyrotheum was closed up)? Plus I'm doing another style completely different from my 1.1.1
i checked the CodeChickenCore.cfg and he has environmentallyFriendlyCreepers=true so i would think that it is suposed to be so i gess ill call this one an arachnid

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
The creeper change reminds me of the problem we had back with Infernal mobs. The Special/Infernal mobs version of creepers have unique IDs from vanilla creepers, so they weren't covered by the creeper griefing system.

It sounds like the Special Mobs variation of creepers are also out of the anti-griefing codes control.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
i think i can just change it?

Not sure if changing the name of the Google+ account will change the name reflected on what is shown on Youtube.

i checked the CodeChickenCore.cfg and he has environmentallyFriendlyCreepers=true so i would think that it is suposed to be so i gess ill call this one an arachnid

I guess the special creepers are at fault. Hmm, I like the Special Mobs now as they don't cause block lag anymore but the first night is still scary with your dust wall prone to the creepers blowing it up. I felt like their song was Wrecking Ball.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the special creepers are at fault. Hmm, I like the Special Mobs now as they don't cause block lag anymore but the first night is still scary with your dust wall prone to the creepers blowing it up. I felt like their song was Wrecking Ball.
yea it was stated earler that there was a config for that in early vers Special Mobs now theres not so i just turned off mob griefing i was dying enoufe as it was with all the daytime mobs much less having a creeper blow a hole in my ship just to let all the mobs in. and yes i like the Special Mobs as well just not the creapers

Reactions: tetshio

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Also with pneumatic craft using a 3-4 stacks of iron to start this draws the early game out three times longer than it needs to be.
Yes, it does extend the early game and forces us to play the pack for a significant period of time before we can work through the tech trees...... is that a horrible thing? wiht the ease with which e can get unlimited resources it really doesn't take long to get to pnuematicraft without ore multiplication a
The creeper change reminds me of the problem we had back with Infernal mobs. The Special/Infernal mobs version of creepers have unique IDs from vanilla creepers, so they weren't covered by the creeper griefing system.

It sounds like the Special Mobs variation of creepers are also out of the anti-griefing codes control.
FYI, I have seen normal creepers grief, and the death notice also called them a "creeper" rather than adding a special name.......

Perhaps I'm just a glutton for punishment but i enjoy the challenge added by the creeper griefing.[DOUBLEPOST=1407902825][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just got 1.1.2 and started playing. Was creeper griefing put back in (pyrotheum was closed up)? Plus I'm doing another style completely different from my 1.1.1 :D
Yeah, I've had to dramatically change my tactics as well, I prefer not to build walled compounds, but with special mobs and all, I'm most definitely building the great wall of Dune.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it does extend the early game and forces us to play the pack for a significant period of time before we can work through the tech trees...... is that a horrible thing? wiht the ease with which e can get unlimited resources it really doesn't take long to get to pnuematicraft without ore multiplication a

FYI, I have seen normal creepers grief, and the death notice also called them a "creeper" rather than adding a special name.......

Perhaps I'm just a glutton for punishment but i enjoy the challenge added by the creeper griefing.

Glutton i agree with you on pnuematicraft but also rember if your a Glutton you can get an assembly line and other pnuematicraft parts from the cities as early as you want. Me im a mouse that likes to hide in its hole till its safe so to each his own

BallinMatt

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Special Mobs config option "block_damage" is what controls this and was false when using Special Mobs 2.6, I do not see the option in the new Special Mobs for CL 1.1.2

Mini creepers are OP :p

They can fit into 1 block gaps and will blow a hole in your defenses and let the horde of mobs waiting outside into your base. All I have to say is you better have a mob proof base with a way to get in and out without aggroing any mobs or you will have a bad day :p

I suddenly feel like I'm playing a desert wasteland version of blood and bones..

At least drowning creepers and some of the other particularly annoying mobs from Special Mobs 3.0 are not enabled :p

I suggest people stock up on half slabs and fences to attack mobs through, because at least mini mobs cannot get through half block gaps.
I agree man the creepers are op I couldent survive the first night because after everything else died there was about 30 creepers outside my house couldent do anything lol

BallinMatt

Jul 29, 2019
The first night is so brutal what is your guys tactics to prevent them but still get loot from other mobs? Post a picture of your base if you want id like to see what's the most effective :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Died first two times but I'm going good now. Have to get that first ditch out front built and the pyrotheum blocked off before the first night. Then you just race to food/water while expanding the compound. Beware of giant skeleton archers riding baby ghasts.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
huh. Did I just make ocelots useful? Neat.

Um, first post updated. Sorry about the delay.

Also, Crash Landing is getting its own website. It is still under heavy construction, and still fairly ugly, but: http://crashlanding.wildwestscifi.net/
Note: None of the graphics are there yet and a lot of content is either not there yet or not fully implemented.
Hey i thought you were taking a break we love ya but go away we can survive a week without you :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The first night is so brutal what is your guys tactics to prevent them but still get loot from other mobs? Post a picture of your base if you want id like to see what's the most effective :)
First day, above all else I push to get at least a two block wall fronted in part by a two block ditch. The night is spent sifting. In the AM I "dance" upon the un-fronted walls to agro anything still walking around. Then dive back into my courtyard ensuring that I NEVER give any of the archers in the pit a shot. Everything I agroed paths into the ditch. I then do a perimeter sweep picking up the drops from those who where immolated. I don't get a huge yield, but in later days I'll be building a killing pit. The wall shown is not spider safe, but it takes a bit longer to get enough fences to do that.
2014-08-12_21.38.20.png 2014-08-12_21.38.43.png 2014-08-12_21.38.48.png

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
First day, above all else I push to get at least a two block wall fronted in part by a two block ditch.
this works great but with Special Mobs you may want your wall 3 high and trench 2 wide.
and instead of wall dancing have tried the tickle toe mole. On the inside of your wall dig a 2 wide 3 deap hole layer the bottom with slabs then dig your wall down to that level place top slabs across the gap just below where your wall goes then replace the wall now you should have a place to tickle the toes of your enimes. Next in the center of your pit dig 1 out into the trench place a jaded ladder and a ladder then in the morning tickel toes then using the trap door play peekaboo to get the other mobs to come over. One thing i like about this method is you can create tunnels to other buildings alowing you to expand outside the courtyard without worry of mobs.2014-08-13_01.08.53.png 2014-08-13_01.08.58.png

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
this works great but with Special Mobs you may want your wall 3 high and trench 2 wide.
and instead of wall dancing have tried the tickle toe mole. On the inside of your wall dig a 2 wide 3 deap hole layer the bottom with slabs then dig your wall down to that level place top slabs across the gap just below where your wall goes then replace the wall now you should have a place to tickle the toes of your enimes. Next in the center of your pit dig 1 out into the trench place a jaded ladder and a ladder then in the morning tickel toes then using the trap door play peekaboo to get the other mobs to come over. One thing i like about this method is you can create tunnels to other buildings alowing you to expand outside the courtyard without worry of mobs.

Your "tickle toe" method is basically what I meant by "kill pit" Long term I'll want something more automated but in the short term but that is great to start with. The OP seemed to be concentrated on the immediate bootstrapping of a base.... the first day or two. I for instance have found that as it stands it's day three before I have enough wood to do any serious remodeling.

[DOUBLEPOST=1407908420][/DOUBLEPOST]
so far so good the only thing thas has come up has been creepers grief but thats no big prob
is that a bug, or a feature? :)