[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
My experience with the minis was different. I had sealed myself inside the ship after first day putting wall (barely) around and getting a couple trees in, and then would go out and try to take out what I could but the creepers would pwn me back into my ship again and I'd just sit there like a coward pushing my sieve.... Finally, after like 3-4 days of that I was able to finish the wall, then start on the moat in front of it and I went out the next morning, running along the wall and got to one chunk where the moat had been put down like 2 levels and I saw this creeper and was thinking "hey, why is he so far away...." boom. barely jumped backwards before I realized it was a minicreeper and that was no moon.

also, wtf is that creeper called actually. spitting or splitting? Either way, I was wishing waila had a "mile away" option to read info cause just as he'd get close enough for me to maybe see it I was like NOPE..... nope nope nope nope. the mob radar should be enabled by default. for me, it CAUSES dread not makes me feel better knowing I can see the death awaiting me.

and yeah, the no grout recipe really makes me wonder wtf the clay near ship is for now. really not liking that. I guess I can go cobblegen then and make some porcelain but jeez, this really feels off.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, I'm dying so happy.... :)[DOUBLEPOST=1407892490][/DOUBLEPOST]I've always found mini creepers extra demonic.......

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
and yeah, the no grout recipe really makes me wonder wtf the clay near ship is for now. really not liking that. I guess I can go cobblegen then and make some porcelain but jeez, this really feels off.

clay is still needed for buckets, the TE smeltery, Crucibles, and if you melt down seared brick making high oven parts. Im sure theres more uses but i cant think of them right now

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
man i havent died or had this much fun since i first started Crash Landing. Starting out in 112 is going to take some getting use to yea the wall, mote, hide technique is still helpful but when you still have 20-30 mobs leftover in the morning that makes getting the wall up even harder. So now to Try Again
:)

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
clay is still needed for buckets, the TE smeltery, Crucibles, and if you melt down seared brick making high oven parts. Im sure theres more uses but i cant think of them right now
How is clay needed for the TE smeltery? You can't make grout for the seared bricks.....

Honestly I was super disappointed to find out that this was intentional. I figured out a couple issues with pneumatic craft and was starting to look forward to this pack again. I just gave myself a couple stacks of grout when I thought this was a bug. I will continue to do that because this is a game breaker for me and I was looking forward to the generation of 1.1.2.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't understand why ore multiplication in a game breaker for so many. It's not like it's no longer in the pack..... we are simply required explore a bit to attain it.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
How is clay needed for the TE smeltery? You can't make grout for the seared bricks.....

Honestly I was super disappointed to find out that this was intentional. I figured out a couple issues with pneumatic craft and was starting to look forward to this pack again. I just gave myself a couple stacks of grout when I thought this was a bug. I will continue to do that because this is a game breaker for me and I was looking forward to the generation of 1.1.2.
sry i ment the TE Redstone furnace and there are other ways to get seared brick (block) and bricks (items) you just need to explore some in fact one city can sometimes give you a small TCon smeltery a high oven and extra seared brick that you can smelt to get seared bricks.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
not true entirely. If you want to reduce stuffing, you have to use the servo with item stack size changed to 1 or whatever under alot of conditions, or of course, use a dense duct going back to source. Some places (for example, under smeltery grabbing stuff from basins, etc..) redstone torch works great since it's a 1 to finite chest. But, if you have a chest feeding the controller? Yeah, you want to set that to 1 or 4 if you want to keep things from either stuffing, or being deleted outright if the TE setting is enabled that actually deletes stuffed items (agskies has this enabled).
i always use a hopper to feed to the controler. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1407896125][/DOUBLEPOST]
Another reason to use servos, is that you can set filters and quantities. My composters are closed loops - take leaves, saplings, sugar cane, whatever out of the chest and put the dirt back in. The itemduct for extracting stuff has simply dirt on the blacklist. (But then again, SFM can do this as well ... and better.)

Are you getting the expected number of views on your episodes? Just asking, because your LP doesn't show up on the usual searches like "Minecraft Crash Landing" or "Crash Landing HQM" and your channel name is also different. But then again, maybe you don't even care about these numbers. :)
some how it link up to my Google+ account and just uses my name instead of Magzie's Fun Time. As for views it is my top viewed one but the other youtubers that do crash landing also have tons more subs then me and so their views and time watched are higher and they show up on the searches i assume.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey to everybody that has problems with TE ducts, servos, and transfernodes. Heres a great Mod Guide by Vaygrim talking about difrent sorting systems. After watching this you may rethink the possibilities of transfernodes. Mod Guide - Sorting Systems
Also you can look up Direwolf20 Lets Play S6E8 Sorting 101 or his Mod Spotlight Extra Utilities
This is my trick to minecraft, youtubers i watch a lot of them to see about mods and how they use them then adapt them to my playstyle.

Edit 2:here's a challenge no item ducts liquid ducts are fine but no item ducts

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
also the change log on the op post doesn't seem to be updated since 1.1.0? is that glitched?

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't understand why ore multiplication in a game breaker for so many. It's not like it's no longer in the pack..... we are simply required explore a bit to attain it.
Ore multiplication is only really useful early-earlymid game, by the time I am geared up to go to a city I will have 6 autonomous activators on a sieve and not need or care about the multiplication.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I added the portal gun mod so i can have turrets since thats a better balanced mod then utility mobs cause with utility mobs we need pumpkins and with pumpkins its possible to get infinite water with the snow golem/smeltery combo.

Reactions: tetshio

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
Also with pneumatic craft using a 3-4 stacks of iron to start this draws the early game out three times longer than it needs to be.

BallinMatt

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a problem with the camel pack I had a full pack on my body and my water was still going idk why and I noticed very bad lag any ideas?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
some how it link up to my Google+ account and just uses my name instead of Magzie's Fun Time.

Most youtubers created another channel under the same Google+ account so that they can have their IGN incorporated in their channel name.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
is the abandoned city in the 1.1 world startup?
doubt it. I'm playing 1.2 on my original 1.1 map, can't be bothered to start from scratch to proceed in the quest.

edit: I should clarify that my angst is directed at myself for "accidentally" updating; I had planned to go a bit further with the world before updating. No major issue with the pack itself (although I would have preferred a later-tier tech be dependant on me leaving my moat.)

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
doubt it. I'm playing 1.2 on my original 1.1 map, can't be bothered to start from scratch to proceed in the quest.
No in the 111 map generate structures is off. And for those who want to keep there 111 base and get cities you will need to use MCEdit to copy your old bace and put it in a 112 world but be warned a lot has changed in 112 and doing this wont break the pack but it will break the pack balance also you will still need to restart the HQM quest as well

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Just got 1.1.2 and started playing. Was creeper griefing put back in (pyrotheum was closed up)? Plus I'm doing another style completely different from my 1.1.1 :D

jtzdUB4.png

9rIwZPG.png

Ae7JHvw.png