[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know, but I still like to use servos to control how many items get pulled out at a time for a lot of sorting projects, but SFM/XU transfer nodes can do the same thing, if not better. I know you can use dense mode to prevent back stuffing of itemducts, but it's still annoying to setup, just takes up that much more room. The other options don't back stuff at all.

Another reason to use servos, is that you can set filters and quantities. My composters are closed loops - take leaves, saplings, sugar cane, whatever out of the chest and put the dirt back in. The itemduct for extracting stuff has simply dirt on the blacklist. (But then again, SFM can do this as well ... and better.)

I have episode 8 uploaded. We get the smelter up and run auto. Also I hook up auto cobble. Enjoy!

Are you getting the expected number of views on your episodes? Just asking, because your LP doesn't show up on the usual searches like "Minecraft Crash Landing" or "Crash Landing HQM" and your channel name is also different. But then again, maybe you don't even care about these numbers. :)

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
My composters are closed loops - take leaves, saplings, sugar cane, whatever out of the chest and put the dirt back in. The itemduct for extracting stuff has simply dirt on the blacklist.

Most things that come out of the compost barrels (dirt included) don't have a recipe to go back into compost barrels. Therefore, there is no need to blacklist them. Since there is no recipe for things like dirt, soulsand, or clay to go back into the compost barrels, itemducts make no attempt to do so.

That said, I do use servos a LOT. Even if simply to clean up all the levers everywhere and to prevent random redstone signals from messing with my pipes. Even with all the faults of itemducts, I never thought the XU transfer nodes were superior and never liked being forced to use them. I'll still give 1.1.2 a fair shake, and I'm trying not to hold judgement on the changes to the creation of grout and seared bricks, but I'm concerned at this point. I am really looking forward to exploring towns. I also may add in chickenbone's chunkloaders just so I don't run into problems while exploring.

Thanks iskandar for making a truly interesting modpack for everyone to play!

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to trying 1.1.2. now. I just made my resonate jetpack on my 1.1.1 world out of boredom and for no real good reason. Got as far as I could get in that world. Only things I didn't do were big reactors or mfr laser drill, which I plan on to get into in 1.1.2.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
you don't need servo, just FYI. you can place a lever or redstone torch under/next to the pipes start point and it will work just as well. you only needs servos for a: machines and b: move specfic items out.
not true entirely. If you want to reduce stuffing, you have to use the servo with item stack size changed to 1 or whatever under alot of conditions, or of course, use a dense duct going back to source. Some places (for example, under smeltery grabbing stuff from basins, etc..) redstone torch works great since it's a 1 to finite chest. But, if you have a chest feeding the controller? Yeah, you want to set that to 1 or 4 if you want to keep things from either stuffing, or being deleted outright if the TE setting is enabled that actually deletes stuffed items (agskies has this enabled).

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey to everybody that has problems with TE ducts, servos, and transfernodes. Heres a great Mod Guide by Vaygrim talking about difrent sorting systems. After watching this you may rethink the possibilities of transfernodes. Mod Guide - Sorting Systems
Also you can look up Direwolf20 Lets Play S6E8 Sorting 101 or his Mod Spotlight Extra Utilities
This is my trick to minecraft, youtubers i watch a lot of them to see about mods and how they use them then adapt them to my playstyle.

mozu

Jul 29, 2019
Creepers are griefing blocks even with chickencore's config set to not allow it. (1.1.2) Intended?

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey to everybody that has problems with TE ducts, servos, and transfernodes. Heres a great Mod Guide by Vaygrim talking about difrent sorting systems. After watching this you may rethink the possibilities of transfernodes. Mod Guide - Sorting Systems
Also you can look up Direwolf20 Lets Play S6E8 Sorting 101 or his Mod Spotlight Extra Utilities
This is my trick to minecraft, youtubers i watch a lot of them to see about mods and how they use them then adapt them to my playstyle.

Edit: In fact iv just now been able to catch up on youtube and start on a few more youtubers including Landstryder who has some great ideas on Penumaticraft and base defense as well as others

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Creepers are griefing blocks even with chickencore's config set to not allow it. (1.1.2) Intended?

I think the Special Mobs config option "block_damage" is what controls this and was false when using Special Mobs 2.6, I do not see the option in the new Special Mobs for CL 1.1.2

Mini creepers are OP :p

They can fit into 1 block gaps and will blow a hole in your defenses and let the horde of mobs waiting outside into your base. All I have to say is you better have a mob proof base with a way to get in and out without aggroing any mobs or you will have a bad day :p

I suddenly feel like I'm playing a desert wasteland version of blood and bones..

At least drowning creepers and some of the other particularly annoying mobs from Special Mobs 3.0 are not enabled :p

I suggest people stock up on half slabs and fences to attack mobs through, because at least mini mobs cannot get through half block gaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shane2482

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm not sure if mob griefing is suppose to be on or not. A modded creeper blew up and no damage was done to the area, but then I had a vanilla creeper blow up and take out a chunk of the land. /gamerule mobgriefing is set to true by default.

Edit: Okay now I've seen a few modded creepers do destruction to the land too, so it's like 1/4 disabled and 3/4 enabled mobgriefing. Some creepers do damage, others don't.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Special Mobs config option "block_damage" is what controls this and was false when using Special Mobs 2.6, I do not see the option in the new Special Mobs for CL 1.1.2

Mini creepers are OP :p

They can fit into 1 block gaps and will blow a hole in your defenses and let the horde of mobs waiting outside into your base. All I have to say is you better have a mob proof base with a way to get in and out without aggroing any mobs or you will have a bad day :p

I suddenly feel like I'm playing a desert wasteland version of blood and bones..

At least drowning creepers and some of the other particularly annoying mobs from Special Mobs 3.0 are not enabled :p

I suggest people stock up on half slabs and fences to attack mobs through, because at least mini mobs cannot get through half block gaps.

He just got me poked a hole in the ship to take out the few remaning daytime mobs and he just snuck in and it was all over from there

mozu

Jul 29, 2019
I can't imagine it being intended since, paired with zombie awareness, and the new amount of creepers spawning in 1.1.2, you have like 15 creepers at all times right next to you outside and they set off huge chain reactions. A single creeper explosion is practically game over early on, which seems very unforgiving. It'd be like if a single skeleton arrow killed you. I turned mobGriefing to false until I hear otherwise.

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
for now i set the mobgriefing to false this is because some creepers explode even at a 1 block wall (from my experience) they can somehow detect you opposite of the wall and boom bye wall, bye ship and hello world delete

but if its intended to be true and creepers are intended to break stuff ill enable it again, hope someone can clarify if its really intended thanks

TheBlackNight456

Jul 29, 2019
for now i set the mobgriefing to false this is because some creepers explode even at a 1 block wall (from my experience) they can somehow detect you opposite of the wall and boom bye wall, bye ship and hello world delete

but if its intended to be true and creepers are intended to break stuff ill enable it again, hope someone can clarify if its really intended thanks

ya the lava pouring out of the ship cause it cuz if a creeper hits lava it will explode so cover it up and u good

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
ya the lava pouring out of the ship cause it cuz if a creeper hits lava it will explode so cover it up and u good
i already closed the pyrotheum early in the morning every time i start as creepers explode from touching it during night, what im saying is that sometimes they just explode whenever im beside a wall and they are opposite of it, lost some decent amount of playthroughs because of that

Last edited:

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I also forgot to mention that I am pretty sure if a skeleton shoots a special mobs creeper they will explode in retaliation to the attack.