1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
You've never played BnB then. :p
I tried. I'm too chicken. Everything is balanced there though (against the player)[DOUBLEPOST=1407259022][/DOUBLEPOST]
The only magic mod i want with combination of tech mods is Thaumcraft. Can i hope for that combination or not ? Because i recently noted that Monster pack is better than DW20 pack (DW20 pack do not contain Gendustry, Monster pack do). But this will be hard for me to choose proper pack for me. Well all hopes for your secret pack.
Just drop thaumcraft into the tech world pack.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Even though I just went out of my way to specifically explain how it disadvantages people like me? o_O

A good point. However, this thread is by the people/person putting the pack together, isn't it? This is an official thread about the official FTB packs. So this is the right place to voice any concerns about what mods are going in and how they're being used. As to why people are specifically talking about HQM? That's probably because it's the only thing we know for certain is being included right now. It's the only thing we can discuss without a list of the other mods, and asking for that is an infraction.

Concerns about how the mod is implemented would be appropriate after the mod is in place. Ag Skies was the first use of HQM. The mod in 1.6.4 was partially designed around what I wanted to do with that pack. THe HQM dev team has added a lot of features since the beggining of AS. I wouldn't even remake AS the same again.

Y'all are acting like AS was a long standing classic pack. It was an experiment in what was possible. It was never intended as anything more than a fun slightly trolly pack for me and some friends. To continue guessing as to what will end up in FTB packs based on an experimental non-FTB pack is not the best plan.[DOUBLEPOST=1407265262][/DOUBLEPOST]As an interesting side note, the main complaint from Ag Skies players is "too many trolly useless rewards" but people in this thread seem concerned that stairs and seeds are going to be ruining the tech tree in the main packs.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Y'all are acting like AS was a long standing classic pack. It was an experiment in what was possible. It was never intended as anything more than a fun slightly trolly pack for me and some friends. To continue guessing as to what will end up in FTB packs based on an experimental non-FTB pack is not the best plan.

To be fair, some of us are actually acting like spoiled kids before Christmas, listing all our demands and expectations. Your own fault for spoiling us...

svansen_floven1

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to say that I think the HQM is going to really help those of us that get to a point in minecraft where we have so much that we have trouble deciding where to go next. also it will be nice to have just such an ingame tutorial to help me figure out the new AE system in 1.7.x packs as well as rotarycraft, and will be using it in a pack I am building, on that note, is including a map an absolute requirement for a jampacked entry? As the pack I am working with...well... it's more based on the survival experience and I would have trouble binding it to a map ... although I am getting some ideas towards this as i'm typing ... hang on, let me get back to you on this ... maybe limiting overworld movement to a limited area via a cage or something while the player builds in mystcraft worlds or what have you ... scratch that question. and yes I am leaving that as a hint to what I am doing with the pack. here's another: the pack was inspired by my watching mumbo jumbo's hermitcraft series.

I wonder if hqm will ever have an "import quests" feature, that would be incredibly useful when combining packs.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
So, everyone's argument seems to be "You can play without HQM if you want to.", and yes, I can. However, at the end of the day, that's not the issue. The issue is that HQM isn't a manual, like many mods already give you. It's quests, and quests have completion rewards.

There's nothing stopping them from setting the quest reward to be the item used to turn in the quest, or something equally innocuous for the tech/magic/whatever level you'd be doing it at. The 'quest' mechanic is different from a step by step tutorial only in that by default it gives you free stuff as an incentive.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing stopping them from setting the quest reward to be the item used to turn in the quest, or something equally innocuous for the tech/magic/whatever level you'd be doing it at. The 'quest' mechanic is different from a step by step tutorial only in that by default it gives you free stuff as an incentive.

Well not by default. We don't actually have to put in any rewards.

Reactions: Mevansuto

CCdog987

Jul 29, 2019
So MY question still remains unanswered, will there be server files coming out with the first couple versions of your packs Jaded?

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Well not by default. We don't actually have to put in any rewards.

I figured there was something in the way of a default reward bag config, but if I'm wrong then it really just reinforces the point I was trying to make: people are assuming HQM is going to screw with balance because of an impending lootvalanche that I'd be very surprised to see.[DOUBLEPOST=1407291676][/DOUBLEPOST]
So MY question still remains unanswered, will there be server files coming out with the first couple versions of your packs Jaded?

My understanding is that there's not server specific mod files any longer, so setting up a server download shouldn't take appreciably more effort than just releasing the pack will. I'd expect they'll probably be out at the same time.

'course, I'm not Jaded and don't have any inside info, so I could very well be utterly wrong.

Reactions: Padfoote

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Was FTB Unstable supposed to have server files? or At any point?
I know it wasn't tested last time I heard, was just curious since I have no clue how I would set that up

Unstable isn't an official pack, its a testing tool.[DOUBLEPOST=1407294013][/DOUBLEPOST]

FTB : Yes.
My packs: No not till after Alpha. Not screwing up servers if things change.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Was FTB Unstable supposed to have server files? or At any point?
I know it wasn't tested last time I heard, was just curious since I have no clue how I would set that up
Unstable isn't an official pack, its a testing tool.

I will clarify this a bit. Unstable was originally built to help the transition for Forge to 1.7.x. A small handful of mods were selected by some of us to help find issues to move things forward. Unstable is not designed to be "Officially Supported." As in every update has the potential to break your world.

AndrewPwner

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched Bevo's modded news and in the news was a races mod for minecraft. The thing was it said "made for jaded." I'm guessing Jaded maybe requested it for a new RPG modpack? Maybe..? Huh?? Huh? No? Ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.