What's new in modded minecraft today?

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
I do like the concept , and maybe for some people it is nice.
But for me , I got chisel.
Hmm, my first thoughts are "more stuff to disable from XU".

I like it. Even if I'm not partial to full walls of bright colours I do like me an accent pop of colour here and there in patterns without having to change the base texture of the flooring or ceiling of a room.

I especially like the coloured bedrock ^_^.

Reactions: Fixided

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
How does Pay2Spawn work then? I can imagine it works in a borderlands-esque method of making it cost each time you respawn after death, but what does it actually cost you?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
How does Pay2Spawn work then? I can imagine it works in a borderlands-esque method of making it cost each time you respawn after death, but what does it actually cost you?

From the cruseforge link:

Pay to spawn said:
Screw or help your favorite streamer!

Featuring customisable item, entity or potion effect spawning if a viewers donates. The reward is based on the donation amount.

With easy ingame config system but we do allow you to tweak your config 100% manually if you'd like.

Seems like its something for streamers to get viewers to donate money and have random effects happening... Like spawning a wither just as he finished his new house!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Pay2Spawn sounds BRILLIANT. Just imagine - the streamer is fighting off some monsters, completely unawares of what their viewers intend... and BAM! A crap tonne of other mobs spawn. IT'S AWESOME!
Hmm, a charity based Arg Skies map played by various popular figures, with useful and troll rewards. Just imagine the evilness that Jaded could come up with, all for a good cause of course!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Pay2Spawn sounds BRILLIANT. Just imagine - the streamer is fighting off some monsters, completely unawares of what their viewers intend... and BAM! A crap tonne of other mobs spawn. IT'S AWESOME!

I know a streamer who decided to let people pay to spawn something explosive. He lost so many bases that way. :D
Lucky blocks are another fun thing that they gets summoned.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I know a streamer who decided to let people pay to spawn something explosive. He lost so many bases that way. :D
Lucky blocks are another fun thing that they gets summoned.
Yeah, Do you mean Wyld? He was one of the first beta testers of Pay2Spawn (in 1.6.4) as the creator is a moderator in his channel

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I often see it paired with lucky blocks. (The lucky block is spawned in and the streamer opens/breaks it. What happens next can be a diamond block appears to a wither or ender-dragon spawning.)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

an3aBx8.gif

I've seen streamers using this mod on their stream. I must say it's a pretty fun mod for streamers to use as it really adds viewer interaction with the streamer, but on the other side if it's quite a popular streamer you'll at one point be watching more of the aftermath of some bad rewards then actually seeing the streamer play the game