[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Is their a easy way to get a red rose? I tried bonemealing grass but after 6 stacks of bonemeal i gave up, the only solution I can come up with is to create a iron golem farm with the villagers and get a rose from them. (I would just spawn the iron golems with 4 iron blocks and kill them but that requires pumpkin seeds, I have not found a way to obtain them either)

ps. what is the high golem for? I tried searching him but could not find what mod he is from.

I never had problems finding the flowers and roses from using bonemeal on grass. It only took me like 1 stack of bonemeal in my current world.

The high golem is from Tinkers' Steelworks. You can craft it with 2 chiseled seared bricks and 1 high oven controller for the head. Build it in the world like you would a snow golem. It acts exactly like a snow golem, except it actually does damage to enemies, but only 1 hp per attack. Shoots scorched bricks instead of snowballs. Also has high knockback on targets. But it's weak and dies easily like snow golems do.

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Is their a easy way to get a red rose? I tried bonemealing grass but after 6 stacks of bonemeal i gave up, the only solution I can come up with is to create a iron golem farm with the villagers and get a rose from them. (I would just spawn the iron golems with 4 iron blocks and kill them but that requires pumpkin seeds, I have not found a way to obtain them either)

ps. what is the high golem for? I tried searching him but could not find what mod he is from.
I had some trouble getting flowers too but it's possible. Just takes some time and luck.

I never had problems finding the flowers and roses from using bonemeal on grass. It only took me like 1 stack of bonemeal in my current world.

The high golem is from Tinkers' Steelworks. You can craft it with 2 chiseled seared bricks and 1 high oven controller for the head. Build it in the world like you would a snow golem. It acts exactly like a snow golem, except it actually does damage to enemies, but only 1 hp per attack. Shoots scorched bricks instead of snowballs. Also has high knockback on targets. But it's weak and dies easily like snow golems do.
Mine died and I noticed there was a nice little gift left behind. I got 8 scorched bricks from it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
(Item Transfer Node is Extra Utilities not Open Blocks)

Rubber is far too rare. In seven games that have made it to pneumatic craft I've had zero rubber seeds. Total combined dirt sifting is in excess of 20 stacks. This is several deviations from norm at 2% and implies the 2% number is not a proper value.

You can wall off an area with dust, it's not even noticeably more difficult than doing it with cobblestone.

The extruder is harder, well because *all* of TE is harder through the machine frame. But the extruder can also form obsidian without needing to make a better pick (bronze, generally) as well as forming smooth stone at zero cost. You could be arguing to make the extruder easier instead of requesting a trivial job to be done manually instead of automated.

It's also arguably easier to manually hammer out gravel from a lava cobble generator rather than picking it up from a chest, building it in the world, etc... Gravel made in this way isn't even in danger of getting eaten from the lava. (Don't use the pyro for this though, as hammering smooth stone just gives Stone items from ex-nihilo)

You can use something other than dust? oh boy have I been doing it wrong. I thought I had to blend in? :} I only use 2 things. Dust and limestone. Limestone since it's infinite, and dust since it's, well, somewhat infinite. Later on when I have cobblegen working, I've already invested in the "dune" look in all my walls to change it up any. heh...

Side note (obviously this isn't in CL). blazing pyrotheum is like seriously crazy. The opposite pack of CL is this one 'something' Island which is a copypasta of agskies sorta -- lite. neways, I figured I'd run my magmatics on pyrotheum since now I know u can do that while learning about it for this pack (not for magmatics obvs). So, you're in the ocean. I made a little raft of cobble since it likes to u know, start fires. I accidentally picked one block too many opening up a hole and didn't notice right away but one of the buckets of pyro dropped through hole and then kept on going down making cobble and glass as it went down and met water and sand. cleaning that up took better of an hour or so. cofh guys have a good sense of humor. heh

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So evidently I have to wait for it to rain, likely more than once, for these seeds to propagate so that I can make blue plastic from them so that I can continue down this quest line?

Is this for real? What a PITA.[DOUBLEPOST=1406767518][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well, your opinion - I find it trivializes not only the first base establishment, but also the heat related mechanic to being close to your cobble gen (lava) that was added by Enviromine.

Before I added the item transfer node I actually had to worry about overheating standing that close to the cobble gen to mine. Now I just collect cobble and feed it to an Autonomous activator facing another autonomous activator loaded with hammers.

So yes, I'd like for this to be made a little harder. I find that the XU stuff (You're right, I don't know why I said Openblocks - just a brain fart) is more than a little cheaty if you know how to use it right.

And really, all I'm saying is move it back a couple of hours, not put it behind the stupid Pneumaticcraft wall.

If you read back a few pages or 10 or so, you'll find I agree, but I think it's this. The beginning of PC is like the beginning of CL in a way. It's painfull, full of questionable tactics, easy to screw something up and be catastrophic, but once you get the hang of it you can make it easier. Problem is that PC does have some quirks which leaves it in the category (for me at least) of 'unfinished'. The chamber using it's own proprietary gateways really screws any automation up unless you create multiple chambers. The acid bath is bad, but it's only used at beginning. Once you have assembly line (which is essentially the next step after doing the bath and make a couple pcbs), keeps you from having to perform that ever again. Do as others have suggested. work on making 16 pcbs and throw them all in at once into acid and wait for them to start to change and grab them all up and you will most likely never see that part again.

I don't proclaim this is everyone's excuse, but for me, I am fairly certain my past and somewhat current apprehension of PC is that it's new, it's different, you're out of your comfort zone, and in survival where there is a clock ticking (at least at the start, and maybe a little all the time), it becomes quite uncomfortable to fathom doing something so different.

Overall tho, I dislike pc for some of it's grindiness and I for one, don't look to gt as any better tho for different reasons. Adding in GT to this pack would make it unplayable. I have played 2 other packs tho with TC and GT and they do play well together for all that means, but with the skyboy msgs "greggy greg" blocking the use of seeing the ore dict entries whatsoever, to the utter beast GT is and does to the framerate, etc... , to the gt unification, to the gt nerfing the start game (in survival? um no), I don't see how this would be possible to play anymore.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
INPUT -> Camel Pack (Fuzzy Detection) and Water Bottle
CRAFT -> Camel Pack (Fuzzy Detection) + Water Bottle + Water Bottle + Water Bottle + Water Bottle
OUTPUT -> Camel Pack (Precision Detection, 0 Damage Value)

In the crafting setup, you have to change the camel pack to Precision Detection 100 Damage value in order for the recipe to show properly, then you have to change it back to Fuzzy Detection. Otherwise the crafting grid won't show a valid recipe. So when it is working properly, it should show a camel pack with 4 waters = camel pack with no damage bar.

With this setup, you can refill camel packs that have between 76 and 100 damage value, or 0% to 24% water left in them.
I think I said this a couple dozen pages back. For me, I was able to setup only the one where it's completely empty. For that, I dumped my inventory to a chest, just held onto 2 packs, one completely empty, one completely full, then when I'm in selection screen, use .inv to show your inventory and select your empty pack, that way it picks up on the right one. I haven't gone the route of the adv relay since I carry 4+1 packs (4 in knapsack, 1 worn). when I have 4 empties in knapsack, I make my way to base and refill all 4 at once. By code bugs tho and it fills this one chest up with water bottles. I stick the empty camel packs in that chest, then suddenly one gets turned into full. I have to remove that full for the next to fill, etc... I think it's a bug in my input filter but it's a minor issue. Water is really not a problem. I have 1 crucible/torch putting water into a tank for me to use for anything, and I have 1 barrel making dirt into a chest. I maintain the supply of bottles by sticking a half stack of dirt in the top chest which has the empty bottles and when there is at least 1 bottle + 1 dirt, it cooks it (using lava buckets as fuel). I set this up right after my initial playthrough and when 1.1.2 comes out, I'll start over yet again and do it right this time. SFM is so awesome. I've since setup a whole other setup since I had so much cobble, I moved my cobblegen->lavagen into a dirt production plus I setup harvester with 4 trees and 5 wheat to make fertilizer to get it to run non stop (sfm making fert and feeding it again). really really awesome stf SFM adds. Once you get to that point, water is a nuisance and I agree with others that we should be able to carry around an ocean of water with us but oh well.

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
My castle is finished...ish... all I need is about 50 stacks of clear glass from TiCon :D after about 4 coffees I think it's safe to say I need to take a break xD. Once the pack updates a bit more I will resume my gameplay.. I only have like 3 quests left to do

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So I'm going to bump 2 questions that never got answered from iskandar specifically:

1) why not add chickenbones chunkloader officially or do you have reason not to? AE and TE both have known bugs where issues come about with unloaded chunks happening. Especially looking at this future update where we'll need to leave the base, etc. I expect more people to have issues. The MFR chunkloader maxes out at 2 chunks unless I'm doing something horribly wrong. It sucks up all the power and essence if you have it and this is to no benefit to you whatsoever, but to fix a bug that is not the user's fault. ?? immibis or something else maybe if you prefer? Anything else?

2) easy/hard quest line. Is it just those 2 choices and that's the only effect your choice has or are there invisible changes in threads down the line?

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
Soooo...I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but...how do you survive the heat stroke that happens on day 1? I haven't survived the first day in my 3 play-throughs yet because I keep dying to heat stroke. And I haven't gotten far enough in the quest book to find out how you even deal with that. So, I'm confused. What do I do?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
You need to follow the quest book to survive.
Watch some of the LP videos for some idea on the first day.
Staying close to fire is a bad idea.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
@Iskandar,
Dude i was making my video and i had already planned on doing a silky tonch axe so i can not have to waste iron anymore and then i get everything ready on cam and the recipe for silky gem was changed to a block of emeralds??
Dude wt heck? I am raging? i have know clue why that was changed from 1 to nine and if it was not you let me know and i'll find out who changed it? That make no sense.

Edit:
Iguana Tweaks changed it! anyway to change it back to the old one. It will take for ever to get 9 emeralds? That sucks.

Last edited:

SofT123

Jul 29, 2019
CURRENT VERSION: 1.1.1

IF you get the message"The server doesnt have HQM Mode Enabled" on map start up, please ignore it. This is on purpose, as HQM's hardcore mode does not work with Sync's life system. The quests will still work.

If you use a Sync shell and your temp and hydration bars become "No Environment Data" you must log out and back in.

If you die and lose the map, simply start a new world.

You've managed to crash land on a dry, dusty planet. No water, no food, no real supplies. The first challenge, to survive the blazing heat where every drop of water is precious.

So many modpacks and maps try making gameplay harder by altering hunger. Very few, in fact none I know of, look at Minecraft's other normally abundant resource, water. Well, now here it is the limited resource. Try not to dehydrate.

Map is set to vanilla hardcore. This is deliberate. Sync is installed. You need more lives, you build more shells, you won't get hearts like in Agrarian Skies.

Also, while the map is fully playable, I am still making balance changes and implementing quests. Please feel free to offer suggestions and criticisms, however at this time I am deep into end game content. I am unlikely to make any changes until the pack is ready to transition to 1.7.10.

Xh9C4Zv.png

0Vrz6C5.png

6W1KXmo.png

dbxdBZJ.png
Applied Energistics - AlgorithmX2
Bibliocraft - Nuchaz
Big Reactors - Erogenous Beef
Chisel - Automatic Maiden updated by asie
CoFH Core - Team CoFH
Enviromine - TimbukTato
Ex Aliquo - Zerokyuuni
Ex Nihilo - Erasmus Crowley
Extra Utilities - RWTema
Harvestcraft Waila fixes - squeek502
Hardcore Questing Mode - Vswe, LordDusk, NewcastleGeek
Hunger Overhaul - iguana man
Inventory Tweaks - Kobata
Iron Chests - cpw
Minefactory Reloaded - powercrystals, skyboy
Minetweaker - StanH
NEI - chicken bones
NEI Addons - bdew
NEI Plugins - mistaqur
Open Blocks - Mikeemoo
Pam's Harvestcraft - MatrexsVigil
Redstone Arsenal Team - CoFH
Simply Jetpacks - tonius11
Sort Fix - Lex Manos
Sync - iChun
Tinker's Construct - mDiyo
Tinker's Mechworks - mDiyo
Tinker's Steelworks - Toops
Thermal Expansion Team - CoFH
TiC Tooltips - squeek502
WAILA - ProfMobius
Zan's Minimap - MamiyaOtaru

Updated Big Reactors to 0.3.4A2
Updated Sync to 2.2.3
Removed oreDict entries for Ex Nihilo and Ex Aliquo ore gravel and ore sand to prevent an exploit
Added High Oven recipes for ore gravel and sand
More Pneumaticcraft quests
Changed pulverizer recipes for ore gravel and sand. They now give the appropriate ore sand and ore dust plus fragments, just like, but slightly less efficient than, a hammer.
Several new quests, including repeatable quests for all passive animals. Removed the temporary spawn egg recipes as a result.

Updated Harvestcraft Waila Fixes to 1.0.4
Added Steve's Drought (coded specifically for this modpack. Thanks Vswe!)
Increased the amount of water leaves give in the crucible, 10 leaves to 1000 mB of water
Decreased the amount of water saplings give in the liquid transposer slightly, 10 saplings to 1000 mb of water
In both cases, composting to dirt and making water is slightly more efficient, but requires more time/extra steps
Spice of Life should be slightly more forgiving. The more complex a food recipe, the more it counts for your food history.
Wooden Barrel are craftable again
Stone Barrel recipe reverted to normal
Crafting recipes for rotten flesh and saplings to dirt have been removed, and the quest associated with that has also been removed
Nerfed Liquid Transfer Nodes
Added a repeatable quest for the PCB pattern
Added a recipe for the Kinetic Compressor so you can now generate greater than 5 bars of pressure via RF
Added a machine frame to the Autonomous Activator recipe, added a guaranteed Activator as a quest reward
Buffed iron drops from dust and gravel sieving slightly

Updated Extra Cells to 1.6.9d
Updated HQM to 4.0.4
Updated Pneumaticcraft to 1.1.4f
Updated Sync to 2.2.2
Updated TICTweaks to 1.0.3
Added Special Mobs, default off
Added Spice of Life, default off
Added Zombie Awareness
Added heat to a lot more blocks, thanks to Pip69
Reworked and Added Reward Bags (work in progress)
Reworked Quests for HQM 4.0.4 See if you can find the hidden quest!
Pneumaticcraft quests started. They will now walk you through setting up a pressure chamber and how to make PCBs manually. More advanced quests will come later
Removed vanilla seeds from the sieve and the quest book.
Added Harvestcraft seeds to sieve and quest book.
Gently nerfed food and water rewards.
Tech tree unified. Pneumaticcraft is now necessary for almost all tech progression
If enabled, mobs will break light sources and smash tech. also, if they can see through something, they will destroy it to get to you. This includes half slabs, fence gates, and glass.
Mobs in general are smarter.
Changed the maps a little. Bone meal added to the starting supplies

Updated TSteelworks
Updated Modtweaker
Added Iguana Tweaks
Added Extra Cells
Nerfed pulverized metals from dust
Can now get stones from sieving dust, at a reduced chance
Can, rarely, get eggs from sieving dust
End and Nether are now void
Removed wooden compost barrels
Added dirt recipes to compensate
Altered Stone barrel recipe
Altered Jetpack recipes
Added neutral mobs
Fixed a quest bug
all vanilla tools have 1 durability. Useful only for crafting recipes
No TiCo wood or stone tools: Bone and flint only in the beginning!
Sleep Hunger is now on
Water can now be drawn from saplings in a Liquid Transposer. 1/8 bucket each.
Leaves can be thrown into a crucible for 20 mB water each
Cauldrons are disabled
Accumulators have been removed from the starting map
Accumulator recipes have been heavily altered
Quests have been altered to match the new map
Second Map has been created. Maps now labeled Hard and Easy
Drinking juices and smoothies will hydrate you slightly and cool you off
Sulfur can now be sieved from gravel

Thanks to those out there spreading the word about my pack on YouTube and Twitch.
mDiyo

FunshineX

tetshio

Magzie

Palindrome

And from Twitch
iheartzigg
BootyToast
Tibbezeh
Fomanchoo
Landstryder

And a big thank you to all my beta map testers. Without your help, this modpack would not be possible.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar,
Dude i was making my video and i had already planned on doing a silky tonch axe so i can not have to waste iron anymore and then i get everything ready on cam and the recipe for silky gem was changed to a block of emeralds??
Dude wt heck? I am raging? i have know clue why that was changed from 1 to nine and if it was not you let me know and i'll find out who changed it? That make no sense.

Edit:
Iguana Tweaks changed it! anyway to change it back to the old one. It will take for ever to get 9 emeralds? That sucks.
I didn't have to much trouble getting 9 emeralds for my silk touch. I used my 1 AA you get from a quest to sift gravel while I did other stuff. Use invar shears instead to better use your iron for extra durability and repair shears with each other in your crafting grid for a little extra durability.

So I'm going to bump 2 questions that never got answered from iskandar specifically:

1) why not add chickenbones chunkloader officially or do you have reason not to? AE and TE both have known bugs where issues come about with unloaded chunks happening. Especially looking at this future update where we'll need to leave the base, etc. I expect more people to have issues. The MFR chunkloader maxes out at 2 chunks unless I'm doing something horribly wrong. It sucks up all the power and essence if you have it and this is to no benefit to you whatsoever, but to fix a bug that is not the user's fault. ?? immibis or something else maybe if you prefer? Anything else?

I agree. I always have problems with TE/AE when I forget to chunkload my base and leave the area. I'll probably just add chicken chunks to my pack myself if it doesn't get added officially. I think the MFR chunk loaders can only load 13 chunks at max (in a diamond shape), but they eat like 2 billion RF just to fill it's buffer and 3.5k RF/t just to run. Pretty ridiculous.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I didn't have to much trouble getting 9 emeralds for my silk touch. I used my 1 AA you get from a quest to sift gravel while I did other stuff. Use invar shears instead to better use your iron for extra durability and repair shears with each other in your crafting grid for a little extra durability.

I agree. I always have problems with TE/AE when I forget to chunkload my base and leave the area. I'll probably just add chicken chunks to my pack myself if it doesn't get added officially. I think the MFR chunk loaders can only load 13 chunks at max (in a diamond shape), but they eat like 2 billion RF just to fill it's buffer and 3.5k RF/t just to run. Pretty ridiculous.
invar requires a smeltery. that means you can't use them till about day 4-5 if your good. i didn't say i would have trouble io said it would take a crap ton of time. There is no reasons on skyblock maps for it to require a block.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Invar only needs you to have access to cobble. The grindstone can get you the dusts to combine, then they go in the furnace.

On most maps, no you don't really need Silk Touch to be expensive, but here, being able to silk touch leaves with a (self) repairable tool early on does.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
invar requires a smeltery. that means you can't use them till about day 4-5 if your good. i didn't say i would have trouble io said it would take a crap ton of time. There is no reasons on skyblock maps for it to require a block.
You can make a grind stone from AE very early on to make invar. Grind up your iron ingots and ferrous ingots and then craft the dusts into invar dust. Ninja'd

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Soooo...I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but...how do you survive the heat stroke that happens on day 1? I haven't survived the first day in my 3 play-throughs yet because I keep dying to heat stroke. And I haven't gotten far enough in the quest book to find out how you even deal with that. So, I'm confused. What do I do?
It sounds to me like you are not using the camel pack. the very first quest provides you one. Place it in a crafting grid with up to 4 water bottles and placeit in your chest armor slot. As long as you can keep it filled you'll do ok.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You can make a grind stone from AE very early on to make invar. Grind up your iron ingots and ferrous ingots and then craft the dusts into invar dust. Ninja'd
i have a grinding stone for bonemeal. It would just help allot to be able to make the silky touch earlier and not have to use that much metal. i mean you get how many tree deleaved before you use the invar one. the iron is about 3-4 i think.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Do the first few quest - one of which will give a camel pack. Craft in a few water bottles into it and put it on to keep cool - it should give you a moment of relief so you'll feel better about taking the time to read the quest book instead of panicking.

nicksurvivor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone! I made a map for this modpack, it makes it a BIT easier (but not by much!).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf5gl9zg9dg6cac/Custom Crash Landing copy.zip

It adds a bit more realistic look to the broken ship, adding a cargo hold, wing, and engine cell (toppled onto it's side) to the map. somewhere under the cockpit is a copy of the starting strongbox (for multiplayer). 1skandar, tell me what you think, all credit goes to you!

Feel free to play this map, and please tell me any suggestions and ideas!

The area is DANGEROUS, and in the cargo hold, it is completely dark, making monsters spawn there. UNless by popular request I will not tell what the salvage is from the wreckage (you gotta find it yourself!) Enjoy!