Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I always use the flint at the beginning to make a hatchet. It levels up overtime and makes a great weapon. To the point where if I die holding this weapon, I completely give up.

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
If you mine the dirt out of the initial tree-spawning area, and do something like this:
Blackstone: B
Cobblestone: C
Lava: L
Water: W
Mine this block: M
Dirt: D
Empty space: A
Step 1:
BBBBB
BDDDB
BDDDB
BBBBB

Step 2:
BBBBB
BMMMB
BMMMB
BBMBB

Step 3: (Make the cobblestone pillar two tall)
BBBBB
BACAB
BAAAB
BBABB

Step 4:(at the level of the top cobblestone)
LCW

Now it should look like this from the top:
BBBBB
BLCWB
BLCWB
BBABB

(sorry I don't know how to do spoilers)

2014-06-19_10.59.25.png

Yes, that is the diamond horse armor with Sharpness V. I died earlier and lost the flint needed to repair my hatchet, but the horse armor does about as much damage as a diamond sword.[DOUBLEPOST=1403197504][/DOUBLEPOST]The reason there is another platform on this map is that my friend and I are doing a sort of competitive LAN thing. We simply built another platform 30 blocks away into a similar biome.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I always use the flint at the beginning to make a hatchet. It levels up overtime and makes a great weapon. To the point where if I die holding this weapon, I completely give up.
That's why I'm glad we have backups. I died while stupidly hovering over the void trying to kill a skeleton (which had spawned in a poorly lit part of one of my under-levels) with the wrong weapon. That skeleton must have had a powerful enchanted bow, and flight means you get knocked back every time you get hit. So I loaded the backup instead of screaming in frustration at losing my VERY nice alumite cutlass and pick, and decently-leveled bow. AND my frickin' resonant jetpack.

By the way, I'm finding that for the abilities TiC gives bows, it makes just as much sense for me to get a vanilla bow and enchant it. I can get Power 5, Unbreaking 3 pretty easily if I just collect enough mob drops and make a disenchanter to use on them, it just takes a little time.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019

Along that vein, when I wanted to make an awesome weapon out of manyullyn, but didn't want to wait forever to be able to add a modifier to it, I made it from bone or some other weak material, burned through the required XP level much quicker, then upgraded all the parts to higher tiers after adding my modifier. This won't work on all the tools, but many it will.

Reactions: Ten

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
If you mine the dirt out of the initial tree-spawning area, and do something like this:
Tip: only get as much cobble as you need for a cobble-gen and immediate needs, don't start mining large quantities with a pick yet. Use the hammers to smash the cobble to gravel, instead of mining for cobblestone blocks. Run stacks of gravel through sifters. Both these can be AFK'ed by swapping your mouse buttons in the Minecraft controls config, then using the Windows Control Panel->Mouse control panel to enable click-lock for left-click (set in-game to "right-click").

Watch your hunger while you do this! Don't want to die while not paying attention.

Once you've run your several stacks of gravel through the sifter, you may have enough ores/emerald/diamond to make an igneous extruder (effortless cobble) and autonomous activator (automated hammering and sifting).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just started on For the Hording, boy, this is going to take a long time on single player non-chunkloaded 2-3 hours a night max...
Wood, Glass, Ice and Seared Stone all under production so far, oh and a MAC under construction draining all my resources.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Just started on For the Hording, boy, this is going to take a long time on single player non-chunkloaded 2-3 hours a night max...
Wood, Glass, Ice and Seared Stone all under production so far, oh and a MAC under construction draining all my resources.
Seared stone and ice were the easiest for me. For seared stone, just put a stone brick block in the basin and pour seared stone on it, and you get a seared brick block. If you need liquid seared stone, drop that back in the smeltery. Ice just needs water and a glacial precipitator (look up the changed recipe in NEI), and then I dumped the results into a deep storage unit (which was also pretty easy, as I haven't even needed what I made for that quest). Automating these things is as simple as a couple of liquiducts and a few hopper or itemducts.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
How do you store your Bee Princesses? I use a Filing Cabinet atm (Drones get a disc in the AE), but I just noticed that the Princesses never stack because my generations rise too fast (I breed all my bees with the shortest Lifespan since I need to liquify them). Would the problem fix itself if I rebreed them all with the longest possible lifespan?

Obiously the reason my princesses dont stack because their NBT doesnt match 100% due to the different generation. But is there any way to store them properly without having to rebreed them all?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Strongly recommended: Local Server, and chunkloaders :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Seared stone and ice were the easiest for me. For seared stone, just put a stone brick block in the basin and pour seared stone on it, and you get a seared brick block. If you need liquid seared stone, drop that back in the smeltery. Ice just needs water and a glacial precipitator (look up the changed recipe in NEI), and then I dumped the results into a deep storage unit (which was also pretty easy, as I haven't even needed what I made for that quest). Automating these things is as simple as a couple of liquiducts and a few hopper or itemducts.
Just draining Molten Seared Stone into a empty Block thingy gets you some seared Smooth Stone, which can be then crafted via a TiC Chisel into pretty much anything made with Seared Stone.
How do you store your Bee Princesses? I use a Filing Cabinet atm (Drones get a disc in the AE), but I just noticed that the Princesses never stack because my generations rise too fast (I breed all my bees with the shortest Lifespan since I need to liquify them). Would the problem fix itself if I rebreed them all with the longest possible lifespan?

Obiously the reason my princesses dont stack because their NBT doesnt match 100% due to the different generation. But is there any way to store them properly without having to rebreed them all?
Is a Apiarist Chest not good enough? Because unless one has enough Princesses to benefit from a AE system for storing them, I doubt many other choices really compete, unless one counts the Indexer thingy from Extra Bees, which holds a LOT of bees.
Strongly recommended: Local Server, and chunkloaders :p
Could you tell those of us who don't know how to run a local server how to do so? Because it's a clever suggestion, and I personally think that it'd be helpful for you to tell us, or provide a link detailing how to do so.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Could you tell those of us who don't know how to run a local server how to do so? Because it's a clever suggestion, and I personally think that it'd be helpful for you to tell us, or provide a link detailing how to do so.
Download server from launcher -> doubleclick ServerStart.bat -> done

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much what Moasseman said, with a couple details. Run ServerStart.bat 1 time, it will create a bunch of folders. Quit ServerStart.bat. Replace the contents of the "World" folder with the contents of the saved world on which you want to play. Make sure if you added any mods (like AutoFood), to add them to the mods folder on the server, ditto any config changes. Open the 'ops.txt' folder, add your user name (this will let you use cheat mode if you need to/want to).
Run ServerStart.bat. Open Minecraft, under multiplayer, find 'add server', for server address type 'localhost'. You should see "A Minecraft Server". Join that server. Profit.

Running the server itself without Minecraft running is very lightweight, and I've left it running in the background while doing all sorts of things, including playing other games, without incident.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much what Moasseman said, with a couple details. Run ServerStart.bat 1 time, it will create a bunch of folders. Quit ServerStart.bat. Replace the contents of the "World" folder with the contents of the saved world on which you want to play. Make sure if you added any mods (like AutoFood), to add them to the mods folder on the server, ditto any config changes. Open the 'ops.txt' folder, add your user name (this will let you use cheat mode if you need to/want to).
Run ServerStart.bat. Open Minecraft, under multiplayer, find 'add server', for server address type 'localhost'. You should see "A Minecraft Server". Join that server. Profit.

Running the server itself without Minecraft running is very lightweight, and I've left it running in the background while doing all sorts of things, including playing other games, without incident.
How would one do this without using the FTB Launcher which comes with those .bat files? I think you may find that a surprising amount of people here don't use the FTB Launcher.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
How would one do this without using the FTB Launcher which comes with those .bat files? I think you may find that a surprising amount of people here don't use the FTB Launcher.
What? FTB launcher doesn't come with the server download, so I've no idea what you're talking about. Also how would one do this without using the launcher? The exact same way as with launcher, with the exception of getting the download link from somewhere else (or by manually installing all the stuffs).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What? FTB launcher doesn't come with the server download, so I've no idea what you're talking about. Also how would one do this without using the launcher? The exact same way as with launcher, with the exception of getting the download link from somewhere else (or by manually installing all the stuffs).
It... does... though...
Like... a button. By the pack menu...

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
No clue. I suppose you might take a look at where ever you managed to download the pack.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Download server from launcher -> doubleclick ServerStart.bat -> done
You're not being serious, are you? All that button does is takes you to the address of the download which, for example, is http://new.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/modpacks^Monster^1_1_2^MonsterServer.zip for Monster 1.1.2
It... does... though...
Like... a button. By the pack menu...
You're not being serious, are you? All that button does is takes you to the address of the download which, for example, is http://new.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/modpacks^Monster^1_1_2^MonsterServer.zip for Monster 1.1.2
OK, forgive me for being confused when you backpedal your statement like that, but seriously, I use MultiMC and don't give two shits about the FTB Launcher usually(unless it's a slick pack like the sort that JadedCat or Eymaz make, or a pack that meshes well with my style like TPPI), so is there a generic way to do this that could apply to MultiMC? Because while it's cool and all that the FTB Launcher has this functionality, it doesn't do most people a lot of favors, even on the FTB Forums.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
You can do this without FTB launcher the same way you create a dedicated server for any kinda modded MC.

If you don't know how, google.

Reactions: YX33A