ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
You aren't supposed to be happy whilst being pelted with angry kittens.
Are you kidding, I love kittens, and cats in general.
Nothing fills my heart with more joy than seeing just one cat.

It's dogs I don't like very much, and Law is basically a dog.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
And these are the things that stop people from starting to mod, or modders from updating and just disappearing all together.
Something that was once a hobby is now a job and it takes all the fun out of it.

I found this out with IT (Information Technology) love doing it as a hobby so I went to Tafe and lose the fun in it. Now I'm in Retail and finally starting to enjoy IT again :p

Is it sad I understand everything here?

Been trying to make a mod since 1.3.x, running servers since 1.2.5, and now I'm getting out of IT because it's always like, "Geech fix this," "Geech fix that..."

I'm going into game development, maybe that's where I should have started at the beginning...

Either way, back on topic... Welcome back Elo, no matter what everyone says, a lot of us missed you and all your hard work.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
But she's Eloraam. People would abandon all else and flock to her mods.
she wtfpwnt the world. The world caught up. If she was to update rp2, I would only use it in a modernized classic modpack.

And I do think FTB SHOULD put out a classic pack for 1.7 or 1.8... especially if elo revamps rp2.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
she wtfpwnt the world. The world caught up. If she was to update rp2, I would only use it in a modernized classic modpack.

And I do think FTB SHOULD put out a classic pack for 1.7 or 1.8... especially if elo revamps rp2.
Go back to the good old days and play the retro packs =P
Just disable the world gen clearing mod (forgot the name of it)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
oh, to clarify... I know about the retros... I'm just saying that it would make a good theme pack. The FTB 1.7/1.8 concept moving forward is to have a few main packs centered around a few main current mods, and then a couple specialized, or themed packs... I'm just thinking it might be popular to have one of those new packs, old gaurd pack with BC/Forestry/RC/RP2/IC2 1.7 or 1.8.

Reactions: RealSketch

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Good to see she is back, I know what that Itch is like to get back to something.

But, I think first thing she should do is review her available time to commit to modding, just to ensure she doesn't bite off more than she can chew. More for her own sanity than anything else.

After that, perhaps talk with the various modders that have replicated most of what RP2 has done, give advice/knowledge/support. Would make more sense to help improve/evolve what has been done in her absence, instead of starting afresh updating/redevloping what is already out there. Would rather see Elo's skills put to new shiny toys, but saying that, I would love to see her tubes (err, that just sounds wrong...) back. Sure we have ducts and mekanism that do virtually the same thing, I just find ducts too "easy" what with a cheap servo giving a massive amount of functionality within the same block. Meks system is more "text" based then gui, so you can end up with a awkward long list to scroll through, compared to say the Sorting Machine.

On the subject of ducts and multi-part, do whatever is required TeamCoFH. The only real reason for the FMP support is to stop pipes joining, although most people wanted that support so they could just hide their pipes. Bah, if you are playing with tech, you should see all your cables/pipes everywhere, not hidden away to make things "pretty".
You could use the system used by other mods where you paint the ducts, and only ducts not painted/of the same colour connect.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, no. That was Forestry that invented that, but TE created the type that TE uses.

At one point, the TE tabs were a rewrite of BC's tabs, which were a port of Forestry's tabs. In fact, some of the improvements TE made filtered back to Forestry, and yet not to BC, oddly enough.

Then I threw all of that nonsense away and the current CoFH tabs are an element in the modular GUI system that CoFH now uses. There's still some similarity, however, as there's not a whole lot of great ways to write the code and Sengir about nailed it the first time.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
If you are not wrong... you will soon be.
Leaving my own opinions out, I'm not sure Elo would really like RF. Her blutricity recipes were very "tedious", as many here would say, more tedious then the old 1.4 gregtech recipes when I lasted played it. Thermal expansion is very cheap compared to Elo's version of balance (not saying that's bad, or one's better then another), so I wouldn't expect Elo would require CoFHCore in any new versions.

As for FMP, as an active member of the IC2 forums I've heard greg say many times that he "won't support those Scala based things". Kinda funny @King Lemming is disliking it too, good programers think alike I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.