How to Automate Big Reactors.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so what I am trying to accomplish is whenever my system is full of power, turn the reactor off. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Two things to get you started:

TE3 energy cells will give a redstone signal into a comparator proportional to their fullness.
BigReactors have a redstone port to toggle status.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Three redstone ports. two set to output a signal based on capacity. One set to output above a certain mark (I usually go 90-95%), another for below a certain amount (I use 5-10%). The third port set to input under power control and set to toggle when it receives a signal. Daisy chain the three together using your preferred redstone method and turn it on.

There is a way using Rednet as well but that's beyond my personal skill level.

TE3 energy cells will give a redstone signal into a comparator proportional to their fullness.

While true, unless running through a turbine setup is not needed. The internal capacitor will work just fine for the purpose needed.

Gladi099

Jul 29, 2019
If you have mfr ibstalled simpelst way is two rednet ports.
Set both on white channel (top left).
First port output energy level.
Second set to input cobtrol rod level for all control rods.

that way the reactor regulates it self.

ofc connect them both with a rednet cable.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could grow uranium from magical crops and turn it into an infinite supply of yellorite so you dont have to turn it off.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Ok, so what I am trying to accomplish is whenever my system is full of power, turn the reactor off. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

2014-04-26_19.59.13.png

the left most port controls on/off status of the reactor, which is hooked up to the output of the rs latch. the middle port is set to emit a signal when power buffer drops below 10%, the rightmost is set to emit when power buffer is above 95%. use jacketed wires to interface to the port, then convert to alloy wire when wiring the latch

This is taken from another thread I made a few weeks ago for the same thing. I no use this setup, and it works like a gem.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
MFR laser drills and the infinite positive feedback loop of sulfur/uranium you get from this OP process.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
So mfr lasers produce yellorium? Didn't know that how do I get into that?

They can produce just about anything, but that doesn't fix the problem of you outputting power you aren't using. Of course if you were running an MFR drill, those things will damn near use as much as you pump into them, lol.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
So mfr lasers produce yellorium? Didn't know that how do I get into that?

Random chance like any ore. Weighted with other rare ores. Yellow focus x6 makes it come up pretty often.

5000 Rf/t to each pre-charger for max speed.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
you can sufficiently run a drill with just 2 prechargers...if you're producing 20k+ rf per tick...run 2 drills ;)

even better...once you got the active reactor worked out...try turning it into a passive reactor (steam output, water input) and run some turbines...youll get way more power.

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
the power output is scaled up on my server, a 7by 7 reactor is producing 123k rf per tick, i wonder how much the turbines would make...

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
They can produce just about anything, but that doesn't fix the problem of you outputting power you aren't using. Of course if you were running an MFR drill, those things will damn near use as much as you pump into them, lol.
Build more laser drills, then more reactors, then more laser drills.

Seems legit.