Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, one block closer does work. Once. Then it gets too close to the lava source underneath the crucible.
To be honest, I think you just need to move the water source block one block toward the camera
Away from the lava source block
Onto the clay slab is what I'm thinking should work

TellowKrinkle

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest derp was when I was using a sword of sacrifice to get blood. I found that manually clicking mobs wasn't fast enough, so I decided to use an auto clicker. I had it set to 20 clicks per second, and since every swing counts, even if it hits a dying mob, I went from full hunger to no hunger in a few seconds and died instantly thanks to hunger overhaul (or whatever mod does that). I've also died to falling thanks to conveyer belts in my mob trap and a java.lang.ArithmeticException (my trackpad is apparently not fast enough to make 4 recipes of ethereal glass at once. Well, I've done it before, but i was unable to this time.)

I'm surprised no one's mentioned when Soaryn killed himself, his base, and the server with a bound pickaxe
http://www.twitch.tv/soaryn/c/4159929 or http://www.twitch.tv/straymav/c/4140146

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded my mob farm from vanilla style to conveyor belts + MFR grinder. Because I wasn't like running energy conduits all the way up to the tower I decided to use a TNT generator fueled with gunpowder. All these explosion sounds are driving me nuts! I'm either gonna use a sound muffler or replace the generator next time.
Also, I lost a good chunk of my rubber boots' durability by just being near the TNT generator. They don't last long do they?

Also, I wondered why a piece of dirt showed up in the loot chest. Then as I went up to the spawn room the dirt covering the entrance was missing. I thought I forgot to close the room, I didn't realize that endermen stole the dirt until it happened again.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
My first death in Agrarian Skies...
Forgot to check the effect on an recently bred Austere Queen before popping her into a hive.

TellowKrinkle

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to mention all my issues with the well of suffering. The first time I made it, I severely underestimated its range, so when I activated it, it killed half of my passive mob farm as well as my alchemy golem, which were nearby. To avoid this, I moved it over, replacing an autospawner/grinder setup only to find that it was now out of range of my mob farm, so I then had to set the autospawner/grinder thing back up. My final solution was to construct a completely separate altar just to recharge my LP network (my original purpose for the well of suffering). This had some plusses and minuses, the main plus being the fact that an LP network recharging altar wants different runes than an altar used for crafting (more runes of the orb, less runes of augmented capacity), the main minus being the double resource requirements, including beacons. And thanks to the mob drop covering the beacons, I couldn't even use them as beacons. Thankfully, warded stone makes wither killing easy (make a 3 tall room and ward the entire thing, and the wither will suffocate in the ceiling and won't be able to shoot you, which is quite funny).

TellowKrinkle

Jul 29, 2019
No more massive derps with Aroma Backup! Yay!
What did they fix? The lack of automatic backup deletion or the goofy folder naming on unix based systems (the folders get named things like "backups\Home sweet Home P\2014\5\20" because unix uses forward slashes instead of backslashes for folders)
(I haven't updated to version 2.1.5 quite yet, but I probably should.)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
What did they fix? The lack of automatic backup deletion or the goofy folder naming on unix based systems (the folders get named things like "backups\Home sweet Home P\2014\5\20" because unix uses forward slashes instead of backslashes for folders)
(I haven't updated to version 2.1.5 quite yet, but I probably should.)
I think he meant he "won't" be making anymore massive derps because of Aroma.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
2014-05-20_23.21.38.png
What the fuck. Why do they spawn down there, beneath the spawner room? Why doesn't this happen with Endermen as well?

Edit: I suppose it's because pigs are only one block tall

Edit²: I just watched the beginning of Dire's and Pahi's Let's play episode 16. I already knew what was going on when they said "we have a situation down there". I lol'd

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to fuel a high temperature furnace generator with coal since I had so much of it. I just went ahead and used a precision export bus.
Aaaaaaand it's gone. 5000 coal sinked into it. Looks like I underestimated how much fuel it takes, but at least it's gonna produce ~120 RF/t for about an hour now.
I read it can produce up to 2000 RF/t, way more than a steam boiler. How would I fuel it?

Last edited:

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to fuel a high temperature furnace generator with coal since I had so much of it. I just went ahead and used a precision export bus.
Aaaaaaand it's gone. 5000 coal sinked into it. Looks like I underestimated how much fuel it takes, but at least it's gonna produce ~120 RF/t for about an hour now.
I read it can produce up to 2000 RF/t, way more than a steam boiler. How would I fuel it?
High temperature furnaces are sort of bugged. If one reaches over ~15 hours of run time, roughly a power level of 1200, the power flips to a negative number. At that point it actually starts sucking power from any power network it is on.

While the advertised 1960 rf/t sounds pretty good. It is kinda* impossible to get to.

*The power level does continue to rise positively once the generator inverts to negative power. However, I haven't tested whether or not it is possible for it to raise back to positive levels.

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 11237
What the fuck. Why do they spawn down there, beneath the spawner room? Why doesn't this happen with Endermen as well?

Edit: I suppose it's because pigs are only one block tall

Edit²: I just watched the beginning of Dire's and Pahi's Let's play episode 16. I already knew what was going on when they said "we have a situation down there". I lol'd
They can spawn 1 block below the spawner.
Endermen do not because of their height.

The fix is easy. build a layer of cobble beneath the spawner in a 5x5 area around it

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
PSA: Just because a hopper is a vanilla inventory, remember that it's a poorly coded inventory, and itemducts do NOT play nice with them. Also, don't think that just putting a trash can at the end of the line will solve your problem. Why, hello there, 14,000 saplings!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thought I'd have a go at Arg Skies. Aware of the concept, thought I'd have this "easy" (at least, at the start)

Just built a bed, slept in it, and awoke to find a spider on my little island. A spider with a Creeper jockey... So a non-agressive unless I get close timebomb on my hands. Thinking to myself, I'll charge it and knock it off the island, BOOOM, my plan failed with me taking a long fall. Along with my starting pickaxe, all my apples and monster jerky, half a stack of bonemeal and a flint axe I just made.

Currently have a bit of a food crisis on my hands now :p It's just me, some trees, a crock, and a handful of worms to keep me going. Oh well, I need a lot of saplings for dirt.

On a plus, I have a spider eye now... :S

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd have a go at Arg Skies. Aware of the concept, thought I'd have this "easy" (at least, at the start)

Just built a bed, slept in it, and awoke to find a spider on my little island. A spider with a Creeper jockey... So a non-agressive unless I get close timebomb on my hands. Thinking to myself, I'll charge it and knock it off the island, BOOOM, my plan failed with me taking a long fall. Along with my starting pickaxe, all my apples and monster jerky, half a stack of bonemeal and a flint axe I just made.

Currently have a bit of a food crisis on my hands now :p It's just me, some trees, a crock, and a handful of worms to keep me going. Oh well, I need a lot of saplings for dirt.

On a plus, I have a spider eye now... :S
Heh, most common mistake I have seen people make when new to AgSkies. "Wow, look at this island! This will be easy." Without realizing that the only use of all that hardened clay... to spawn mobs... That you have to kill... Which makes you hungrier... Which is a BAD situation in AgSkies.

That said the creeper jockey sounds epic. :D

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing on 1.0.8 (when it was recommended), updated to 1.0.10, and decided not to update any further after hearing about all the incompatible changes that break everything.

Then find out 1.0.10 has an impossible quest - Botany and Biology won't accept the dragonfish I bred, or even dragonfish from NEI.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing on 1.0.8 (when it was recommended), updated to 1.0.10, and decided not to update any further after hearing about all the incompatible changes that break everything.

Then find out 1.0.10 has an impossible quest - Botany and Biology won't accept the dragonfish I bred, or even dragonfish from NEI.

I have upgraded from 1.0.6 through to 2.1.4 with only minor annoyances.