Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is an old post, and I'm on page 28 of 103 (so it might have been answered already), but I have to reply.
From personal testing:
5k RF (the amount to fully power one laser precharger to send a work unit)
x4 (4 prechargers to fully power the laser drill; apparently the drill counts each precharger's work as 1/4 of a work unit)
x300 (the number of work units to get a single ore block)
== 6M RF (six MILLION RF) per ore generated. And that's only if Jaded didn't change the default settings; I haven't made a laser drill in AS yet. Two full resonant energy cells get you 19 ores with a bit of energy left over, just barely enough to test one single-color set of lenses.

Actually, Jaded changed the settings in our favor for this one. The prechargers only pull 2.5K each, for a total of 10K RF per tick, and 3 million per ore.

Also, we have big reactors now, so it's pretty easy to eventually get to the point where you can run multiple drills.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Jaded changed the settings in our favor for this one. The prechargers only pull 2.5K each, for a total of 10K RF per tick, and 3 million per ore.

Also, we have big reactors now, so it's pretty easy to eventually get to the point where you can run multiple drills.
Isn't it even less than 3 mill per ore? More like 1.5 or so

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Hm... Now that I notice, their metadata is 8, while the original one's 1. So why do they spawn at all?[DOUBLEPOST=1398543792][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh, I did that. I had consume stack set to off and only one slot available for planting the saplings. My guess is that they became sacred in the process of planting a normal sapling. Which makes no sense, but it's a possibility. :p
I observed a small (3x3) rubber tree farm carefully. It looks like it's a bug that happens when the block next to a rubber sapling gets a block update; every now and then the block update causes the rubber sapling to change metadata, and the "sacred" saplings can sometimes change back to an ordinary sapling.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
I observed a small (3x3) rubber tree farm carefully. It looks like it's a bug that happens when the block next to a rubber sapling gets a block update; every now and then the block update causes the rubber sapling to change metadata, and the "sacred" saplings can sometimes change back to an ordinary sapling.

how do sacred saplings typically spawn? I think all they did was make it so a sacred sapling wouldn't grow like they do in other modpacks so it should still have the same spawning rules.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
how do sacred saplings typically spawn? I think all they did was make it so a sacred sapling wouldn't grow like they do in other modpacks so it should still have the same spawning rules.
Actual sacred rubber tree saplings (metadata 1) should spawn only in dungeon chests.

Reactions: Padfoote

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to my thaumcraft progress? I have everything in the Thaumometer unlocked (barring any things that appear from fragments), I have a good thaumcraft system going...but I ended up forgetting ALL of my aspects! As in, everything's unidentified! I also lost all of my research points, not that I care about those as, like I mentioned, I unlocked most of everything.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What happened to my thaumcraft progress? I have everything in the Thaumometer unlocked (barring any things that appear from fragments), I have a good thaumcraft system going...but I ended up forgetting ALL of my aspects! As in, everything's unidentified! I also lost all of my research points, not that I care about those as, like I mentioned, I unlocked most of everything.

It's a bug with TC4. Use either the cheat sheet or commands to get it back.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
It's a bug with TC4. Use either the cheat sheet or commands to get it back.
Alright, because I otherwise feel like I shouldn't have lost any progress, I got myself in a cheat sheet and got back my knowledge of aspects...as well as the three things I didn't know due to needing knowledge fragments to discover...you know what game? Consider this payment for trying to screw me over like that! 27 knowledge fragments and a whole bunch of shiny ingots!

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up not bothering with the Big Reactors for Steam. Right now, I'm running two reactors, one 7x7x5 and one 9x9x4 which between them are producing about 20k rf/t.

I copied my world so that I could stuff around with the reactors in steam mode and turbines, and I can see that it's a very interesting game of playing with numbers. I get how everything works, but the annoying thing I found was that I didn't come across much information on the turbine size and blade count and it's rpm, and of course, if you changed the amount of steam, you had to change your blade count, which meant stopping the turbine and then letting it restart.

I finally did some decent work with Blood Magic, I must say, I'm actually kinda impressed. I like it is a mechanic. The guide we're pointed to is a bit lacking in some places, but now that I'm actually working with it, I can see how it works. That said, having BM and TiC with the extra heart canisters makes it a lot easier. I have nearly 60 life, on top of that, I built my Tier 4 out of nearly all self-sacrifice runes. When it was Tier 3, I could pretty much make a blank slate (I think that's what it was called, a smooth stone and 1,000 LP) with 3 uses of the sacrificial knife, and with the well fed bonus, I would regenerate it between uses.

I've only got 2 quests to complete in the Wizard one, 2 in Hoarding (cobble and dirt), the magnet quest for the bees, and then the outstanding ones in the end.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I agree about how blood magic is a tiny bit short on documentation, there's a few pictures but I can't actually tell how any of the rituals are placed very well.

A bit of experimentation might work, or it might not, but I am determined to at least get a well of suffering, and a bound blade up and going, and then tier 4. Tier 5 looks like more then I dare on a skyblock...

What pictures are we talking about? Are they the ones in my guide, or somewhere else? If it's my guide, I'll try to replace them and will make sure I don't use those for the wiki.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
"ender quarry" ... in the nether? Survive long enough to place a loop of wooden fences? Don't those burn?
You can use nether brick fences, or (what I had to use in my FTB Lite 2 world thanks to the Fancy Fences mod) the Forge Multipart fences that Extra Utilities includes -- which can also be made of stone, hardened clay, or other non-burnable materials and not just wood. You did remember to make a good saw, didn't you?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
What pictures are we talking about? Are they the ones in my guide, or somewhere else? If it's my guide, I'll try to replace them and will make sure I don't use those for the wiki.

A couple of things from what I can remember about about your documentation in the thread for BM. This is where I can remember having problems. They all relate to the divining rod to create rituals. It isn't spelt out in the thread that you need to have ritual stones in your inventory when using the divining rod to place them in the ritual pattern, not a biggie as it's relatively obvious. It isn't explained that you need to shift right click the diving rod to select the correct ritual, lastly, when I was trying to do the bound sword, I had the weak activation crystal, but right clicking with it on the master ritual stone didn't work, in the end I added more LP to my network and then it worked, the amount of LP needed for the ritual isn't listed in the thread.

A minor point with BM, which is only minor, is some recipes require a blood orb in the crafting recipe. I get that some recipies are only available with the higher tier orbs, but if a crafting recipe requires say the weak blood orb, you can only use the weak blood orb, you can't use a higher tier one. Only a minor niggle, but annoying at times.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
A couple of things from what I can remember about about your documentation in the thread for BM. This is where I can remember having problems. They all relate to the divining rod to create rituals. It isn't spelt out in the thread that you need to have ritual stones in your inventory when using the divining rod to place them in the ritual pattern, not a biggie as it's relatively obvious. It isn't explained that you need to shift right click the diving rod to select the correct ritual, lastly, when I was trying to do the bound sword, I had the weak activation crystal, but right clicking with it on the master ritual stone didn't work, in the end I added more LP to my network and then it worked, the amount of LP needed for the ritual isn't listed in the thread.

A minor point with BM, which is only minor, is some recipes require a blood orb in the crafting recipe. I get that some recipies are only available with the higher tier orbs, but if a crafting recipe requires say the weak blood orb, you can only use the weak blood orb, you can't use a higher tier one. Only a minor niggle, but annoying at times.

Awesome, thanks for the positive feedback. I'll make sure I cover that over on the wiki. If you (or anyone else) has feedback, please feel free to PM me.
I'd honestly forgotten yours had pictures too...

*checks*

*returns*

Better then the ones on the wiki.

May I suggest a high res, low bit texturepack for the vanilla blocks. Some of those make it VERY clear how many spaces are between objects as they are practically a lined grid. You could further say "Y of X block" for the various rituals. I can see colour, but for the color blind there's almost no differnce between the blocks when you can't see the names.

Though, I admit I'd also forgotten about the diviner, so I might just go that way instead of self build, it's much easier looking.

Cool, I will keep this in mind as well when I finish up the rituals on the wiki.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is though, you don't really need to have in detail pictures of the rituals, you can use the ritual diviner to place the ritual stones for you

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The thing is though, you don't really need to have in detail pictures of the rituals, you can use the ritual diviner to place the ritual stones for you

If you're trying to plan out where to place rituals, it helps. The diviner can't override blocks that are already placed, and without pictures it makes troubleshooting a nightmare.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
They still help, as, for example, you might not realize that, for the Well of Suffering, for example, you need to have your Master Ritual Stone one block above the ground.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
I agree about how blood magic is a tiny bit short on documentation, there's a few pictures but I can't actually tell how any of the rituals are placed very well.

A bit of experimentation might work, or it might not, but I am determined to at least get a well of suffering, and a bound blade up and going, and then tier 4. Tier 5 looks like more then I dare on a skyblock...

Tier 5 isn't all that bad, killing withers seems difficult when you look at it initially, but blood magic makes it extremely easy.

Bound armour set, flight potion and a regen potion and it's a pussycat. I spawned them a bit of a distance from my base on top of a cloud and just smacked it with my bound sword.

Although make sure you have magnetism in your armor or some kind of magnet to catch the nether stars and sigils. Oh and don't drink milk to get rid of the wither effect while using a flight potion, I did that, derp.

Alternatively could invest the 1st nether star into a focus of warding and make a safe room to kill withers in, I was gonna do that but the 1st Wither went down so easy I didn't see the point.

Last edited:

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Also, remember that there is a recipe that turns wither skulls/soul sand/diamond sword/bow, into a nether star... Such that you don't actually have to fight one, at the cost of two extra diamonds and some wood/string.

That being said, if you are truly intent on fighting the wither, the roof of the nether is highly accessible with an ender pearl. Fight to your hearts content up there, no biggy.

If you are worried about fighting a wither, know that on easy, with carbon nano, fully enchanted with protection, and a 17 attack TiCo longsword, I made silly work of multiple withers.

Right now, with the invincibility of bound armour, the rapid fire of a fully enchanting TC bone bow, on normal... It's just as silly. Though, admittedly the end dragon is easier than a wither, since the wither goes berserk and fires constantly, where as the ender dragon just flies around predictably and goes in for an easily dodge-able swoop.