Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the double post but I am still wondering about this issue here. I just want to know what happened to my post please if you will, Please PM me if I made a mistake or if I had done something wrong, cause I didn't realize I broke any rules with the post if I did.

Any deleted post sends a PM saying why it was deleted if it wasn't deleted by you.

Reactions: PurpleMentat

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
[Edit: if this needs to be moved please do so. I didn't want to necro another 1.7 thread]

Exciting news from Direwolf20...

This video talks about a month-long charity event taking place in May, and also that he'll be starting a Forgecraft series based on vMC 1.7.

May is going to be May-hem! (Boo! Hiss!) :D

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
[Edit: if this needs to be moved please do so. I didn't want to necro another 1.7 thread]

Exciting news from Direwolf20...

This video talks about a month-long charity event taking place in May, and also that he'll be starting a Forgecraft series based on vMC 1.7.

May is going to be May-hem! (Boo! Hiss!) :D
Well that's off-topic.

Reactions: Mevansuto

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
With new knowledge of the Direwolf20 pack still having all power systems, I actually think the one power system per pack idea isn't bad, seeing as RF is doing great as a power system right now. The only problems I see are automating the IC2 pack and the ore processing in the Buildcraft pack.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
With new knowledge of the Direwolf20 pack still having all power systems, I actually think the one power system per pack idea isn't bad, seeing as RF is doing great as a power system right now. The only problems I see are automating the IC2 pack and the ore processing in the Buildcraft pack.
i think its safe to say that BC will not get its own pack due to the fact that TE originally used MJ and it also has a built in conversion system so really there's no point in giving BC its own pack

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm pretty sure that BC is going to be in the IC2 pack, and as derp said, I don't foresee BC getting its own pack. With forestry installed with IC and BC, there's some nice cross-mod integration that provides the cohesive feel we want. That's what I'd do, anyways.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Well that's off-topic.

This thread, despite all of the sidetracking since page 1, was to inform us of the direction new 1.7 based modpacks are likely to take and I thought others might like to know that we'll be seeing the development of the potential 1.7 DW20 candidate in the near future.

I have an idea of some of the new mods alluded to in the video but don't want to start rumors in case I'm wrong.

As stated in my prior post, if the moderators want to move this to a different location or even delete it then so mote it be.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This thread, despite all of the sidetracking since page 1, was to inform us of the direction new 1.7 based modpacks are likely to take and I thought others might like to know that we'll be seeing the development of the potential 1.7 DW20 candidate in the near future.

I have an idea of some of the new mods alluded to in the video but don't want to start rumors in case I'm wrong.

As stated in my prior post, if the moderators want to move this to a different location or even delete it then so mote it be.
People forget that forgecraft and DW's LP series are entirely separate.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
People forget that forgecraft and DW's LP series are entirely separate.

True, but more likely than not a majority of the mods on Forgecraft will end up in DW20 and potentially the FtB created packs as well. I, for one, look forward to seeing their use and interaction with vMC 1.7.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
True, but more likely than not a majority of the mods on Forgecraft will end up in DW20 and potentially the FtB created packs as well. I, for one, look forward to seeing their use and interaction with vMC 1.7.
I'm curious does anyone (besides the people who play on forgecraft) know what mods are in forgecraft? I'm guessing a little less than monster but they actually work together

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...I do not get all the hate for the power-centric themed packs they are planning to have.

Wouldn't it be better for IC2E as well as the upcoming BC6 to be in the centre of the spotlight as the only power system in their own pack rather than together with TE3 (or rather, a pack with lots of RF based power system)?

Mods that uses and/or produces RF goes together in one pack.
Mods that uses and/or produces EU goes together in one pack.
Mods that uses and/or produces MJ goes together in one pack.
Mods that doesn't use power at all or is compatible with multiple power sources can be added to all those packs above.

Unless those complainers are just outright against TE3 (or RF in general), I see no reason to dislike how FTB is trying to do for 1.7/1.8.

I see no reason IC2 and/or BC will be forgotten even if they are in their own pack.
They will have all the mods that supports their power system, and all others mods that doesn't need power.
Those RF mods in the RF centric pack will never work in a EU or MJ pack anyway so the absence of those wouldn't hurt the IC2/BC pack anyway.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious does anyone (besides the people who play on forgecraft) know what mods are in forgecraft? I'm guessing a little less than monster but they actually work together
Well, DW20 does a whole YouTube series on it, I imagine you could just watch the videos and write down all the mods you see. Wouldn't be surprised if someone else has already done it and posted the list online, I suggest you search around a bit for it.
Keep in mind that Forgecraft has alpha/beta versions of mods that aren't available to the public yet, so any features that you see aren't necessarily available to you.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I think i see the main problem with ic2 compatibility. I had issues from traincraft, mffs,(stable version of iguana tweaks for tconstruct also suffers from it) and, all comes from the fact that i don't use ic2. All crash while looking for ic2 methods.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
This is my (lamey-lame) attempt to slightly change the focus of this getting-somewhat-singularly-obsessed topic: Did you know that there is a mod that doesn't care about RF or MJ or EU or UE or Meka Joules, but instead focusses on people power? Yes, it's called Minecraft comes alive :) and it is all about human interactions :)

• "Hrrh!" Villagers are no longer Caveman Squidwards and no longer make sound. They are now male or female humans with over 200 unique skins.
  • You can interact with villagers in many ways, such as chatting with them, asking them to follow you, hiring them to do work, giving them gifts, and more!
  • Interacting with villagers builds relationships. Get your relationship high enough, and you'll be able to marry a villager.
  • Once you're married, you can have children. Children will grow up over time and do many different chores for you.
  • Children eventually grow up into adults, who can get married and have children of their own.
  • You can marry other players and have children in SMP and LAN.
  • MCA will change the way you play hardcore mode forever. Playing in hardcore unlocks a small, but game-changing super-secret feature.

On the internet no one cares too much about which power system you use in modded minecraft ;)

Arron Syaoran

Jul 29, 2019
I'm okay with the RF System Standardization, but I honestly hope that RF isn't a Super-Easy Power Type that allows Easier Free Infinite Energy than IC2 Solars, and that RF actually DOES have some form of Power loss over time/block. I haven't tried RF Power TBH, But I'm hoping that each unit of RF comes at a premium rather than having more than plenty of it early on.

My main concern is if there will ever be another modpack again containing IC2, EE3, GraviSuite and some form of Marble/Basalt Replica. I use EE3 mainly to get clay from Iron so I can build Clay/Brick en masse. I'm not a big fan of either Gregtech or Tinker's Construct, and absolutely loathe Natura's Terrain Gen and OP Nether Spiders.

Wright

Jul 29, 2019
I'm okay with the RF System Standardization, but I honestly hope that RF isn't a Super-Easy Power Type that allows Easier Free Infinite Energy than IC2 Solars, and that RF actually DOES have some form of Power loss over time/block. I haven't tried RF Power TBH, But I'm hoping that each unit of RF comes at a premium rather than having more than plenty of it early on.

My main concern is if there will ever be another modpack again containing IC2, EE3, GraviSuite and some form of Marble/Basalt Replica. I use EE3 mainly to get clay from Iron so I can build Clay/Brick en masse. I'm not a big fan of either Gregtech or Tinker's Construct, and absolutely loathe Natura's Terrain Gen and OP Nether Spiders.

Lost you at not a fan of tinkerers construct.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mevansuto

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

It does not have power loss, but neither do you have a power source native to Thermal Expansion that allows for free RF generation. Mekanism and Ender IO do, but Ender IO's is frankly not that powerful and meant for early game use. Mekanism has had them since near its beginning.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

With RF, you actually have to pay for it. With IC2, when you have enough materials, players would just plop down an HV solar and forget about it. No point in making any more power production at that point. It's also relatively easy to look up a reactor design oonline and get plutonium to make infinite power without the high resource cost. That way only requires more uranium at that point. With RF, you actually need fuel no matter what dynamo you use. All of the fuel types supported by TE (excpet the reactant dynamo - that one's special) are supported by IC2. As your power draw gets larger, you need more dynamos, and as a result, more fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.