rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
that'll look nice. It would actually look pretty neat if you included the part in the front that's already there sticking up as well. (at least in my mind it looks neat)
Hehe like a hood ornament? :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So decided that the old Viking boat had to go and it was time to try this new arc thing:
VdPyNMi.png

cPgIr0R.png

Double curved surface where one has to go from circular to a spline :p Love it!
Luckely most of the circles sizes are reused several times on each side, so don't have to punch up new ones and memorize them all the time :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah I think this works a lot better:
9nEY9Sn.png

Juke9UC.png

For a long time I could not figure out what this shape reminded me of. And when I thought I finally figured it out there wasn't that much of a resemblance as I thought:
Sharlin.jpg
But I guess that is not the worst thing to compare it to ;) Lot better than a Viking ship :p

Reactions: PhantomRage

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
For a long time I could not figure out what this shape reminded me of. And when I thought I finally figured it out there wasn't that much of a resemblance as I thought:
Sharlin.jpg
But I guess that is not the worst thing to compare it to ;) Lot better than a Viking ship :p

This is what I was thinking....:

Cylon_Raider_by_Raschamaster.png

Reactions: masterzh and rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Starting to dawn on me how MUCH space there is inside this thing...
I was actually fearing not having space enough for all the stuff that eventually needs to be packed inthere, but.. well have a look for your self:

Looking down at the bottom from the very top of the main tower. There is close to 100 blocks height difference from top to bottom lol!
oMJmTLe.png

"Panorama view" when standing against the far wall in the "left" side of the "doughnut"(this just show one half :p):
3WJ2clf.png
h6pvIAP.png

Reactions: PhantomRage

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thought I needed to do something a bit different. So in preparation for having to eventually changing all that cobble into something else using a Wand with Equal Trade focus, I thought it would be a good idea to automate recharging my "Thaumium Bossed Silverwood staff" remotely. So came up with this:

My wand recharge station that I made a while ago, but why is that cover there?
DiGi8Bg.png

Thats why(dont have a Assembly table build yet, else the cover should have been replaced with a Facade):
6uEAomc.png

The Fuzzy export bus is set to export the staff into the Recharge station. It has to be a Fuzzy one for it to look for the staff with any Vis level. The ME Precision Import bus is set to import the fully recharged staff which results in the staff being pulled out when it is full.

Now there is just one problem: The Fuzzy export bus does not differentiates between the empty and full staff, so it will also try to put the full one back into the recharge station. I cant really see any way around this as the TC wands/staffs doesn't use actual damage values for the Vis levels. Instead I stuck a ME Precistion export bus on my tool enderchest and filtered it to export the full staff as well. This now results in that the full staff might take a few turns in the recharge station(being pulled out when full, put in again, pulled out etc) before after a short while being exported to the enderchest and thereby my tool enderpouch.

Result: I can drop the empty Staff into my "trash" enderpouch(same channel as my quarry, imported into the ME network) and it will after a short time end up in my tool enderpouch fully recharged.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get started with RotaryCraft? It's a neat mod, and it has some neat things. Light bridges.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can you get started with RotaryCraft? It's a neat mod, and it has some neat things. Light bridges.
Oh I plan to :p But don't want to set up all these things and then have to move it all shortly after because the "cobble monstrosity" is finished. But the build is taking a bit longer than I would have thought lol.

Reactions: madnewmy

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have been feeling VERY little creative recently and trying to build on the new base just tends to end up with me standing there staring at it. So decided to do something else for a while.

It was a plan of mine to make a room filled with the different building materials so I can easily compare them and better get a picture of how they look in game. So that's what I started making. I dug out a couple of chunks under the old base and started filling it with different types of materials:

H5QQ9by.png

I was quite pleased to see that a few of the chisel blocks had been covered by Soartex and even better that there was an update to Soartex just a few days ago that made it cover even more! All the cobble, stone, marble, marble pillar and limestone are now fully converted. So was all the glass blocks and both of the Factory hazard blocks(the diagonal striped ones). So this shows great promise. Sadly the other Factory blocks, the Futuristic armor blocks and the Iron blocks are still not converted. Those would have been of great use in building in scifi style.

As for the over all material choices I had planned to go for a dark grey/black exterior and bright white interiors. As for the exact materials I am not entirely sure yet.

For the exterior normal stone might be too bright and has a annoying texture while basalt might be too dark for the exterior. So testing other stuff out in the interval between but it kinda have to be something that is also obtainable in large quantities :p

As for the enterior I was thinking marble, but it does have a distinct pattern to it. So Quartz might be a better choice. Luckily Soartex uses the same texture for Minecraft Quartz(made from 4xNether quartz) as the Geostrata Quartz. So large quantities is not such a big problem, and being able to mix and match the 2 gives a lot of possibilities.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I've always liked slate as a nice inbetween for basalt and stone...not sure how easy it is to get in large quantities though...quarrying damp biomes should produce a bit I believe :).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've always liked slate as a nice inbetween for basalt and stone...not sure how easy it is to get in large quantities though...quarrying damp biomes should produce a bit I believe :).
Hmm yeah slate is a bit tricky. I think it only spawns in river biomes. I am getting none of it in the mining age I posted earlier that includes ocean biomes. Slate, Hornfell and Onyx are the only ones it doesn't produce, but Onyx only spawn near lava afaik and there is on design no lava, so :p
But the Mariculture Automatic Dictionary Converter can change one type to another so it is not that huge of a problem. And I don't see that as that big of a cheat. Its just building materials.

But back to Slate, in Soartex slate has a rather distinct texture to it:
0aIhBvF.png

And if you look carefully it doesn't actually tile all that well. So dont think I will be using that. But yeah colour scheme is somewhat in the right direction.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
oh yeah, I haven't seen it in the soartex pack yet. Don't like it that much at all in soartex. (which reminds me, I need to reinstall soartex).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Updates are probably going to be put on a temporary hold/slowed down for a for a while due to the fact that I just recently discovered that I completely forgot about the TESO launch :p

sleepyc707

Jul 29, 2019
This build is really cool. I started looking online for inspiration for builds. I don't know why I have never done that... cant wait yo see some more updates whenever you get sick of eso lol.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This build is really cool. I started looking online for inspiration for builds. I don't know why I have never done that... cant wait yo see some more updates whenever you get sick of eso lol.
Was quite enjoying ESO, but as many other was afflicted by serious bugs that simply go unsolved. So going back to MC for a while now until they pull them self together and fix the stuff :p
Going to put in some hours tonight and we will see if there is anything worthwhile to post as a result :)