Feed The Beast Sphax Addon Pack

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
Feed The Beast - Insanity Map Addon Pack for the PureBDcraft Texture Pack

This can be used with any of the current FTB SSP maps.

Install Instructions

Firstly, download both the addon pack and the original Sphax pack. You will need to use the same versions or it will not work (64x addon pack with the 64x Sphax pack etc.).

Open the Sphax Texture pack by right clicking on the .zip file and selecting "open with" then select your archiver, recommended for ease of use are either 7zip or WinZip.
Do the same with the addon pack, then drag the contents of the addon pack into the Sphax pack's window.

Simply place the combined .zip into your MultiMC instance texture packs folder.

If you are not using MultiMC, simply open your .minecraft folder and place the .zip into the texturePacks folder.
You can get to your .minecraft folder by typing Run into the windows search bar, then %appdata% into the Run Box. Your .minecraft folder should be at the top of the list.

Downloads

The Official Sphax Website - http://bdcraft.net/

FTB Insanity Bonus Map Addon Pack 64x - http://www.mediafire.com/?au0981nm86vwd8e

FTB Insanity Bonus Map Addon Pack 128x - http://www.mediafire.com/?pq26de2jperm2ct

Previews

A couple of pictures to whet your whistle (click for bigger)

XG8tU.jpg

GBrdD.jpg

Changelog

Version 1.0
- Put the pack together with the available sized patches.
- Acquired permission from the texture developers to post the Addon pack.

Included Mods

Redpower
LogisticsPipes
BuildCraft
ComputerCraft
EE2
PortalGun
AdvancedMachines
AdditionalPipes
EnderStorage
ExtraBees
Forestry
NuclearControl
IC2
CompactSolars
IronChests
ThermalExpansion
Tubestuff
WirelessRedstone
AdditionalBuildCraftObjects
Not Enough Items

Credits

Redpower - Amon,Timmie3054,CadenDonuts,PCMaster160,HanFox
LogisticsPipes - Sparkst3r,Pcmaster
BuildCraft - CadenDonuts
ComputerCraft - CadenDonuts,Francogp
EE2 - CadenDonuts,HanFox,Amon
PortalGun - CadenDonuts
AtomicStryker's AdvancedMachines - HanFox
AdditionalPipes - PCMaster160
EnderStorage - CadenDonuts
ExtraBees - HanFox
Forestry - HanFox,PCMaster160, Amon
NuclearControl - HanFox
IC2 - Ruyan,HanFox,Amon,PCMaster160,Caden,Sparkst3r
CompactSolars - CadenDonuts
IronChests - HanFox,PCMaster160
ThermalExpansion - HanFox
Tubestuff - CadenDonuts
WirelessRedstone ChickenBonesEdition - PCMaster160,CadenDonuts
AdditionalBuildCraftObjects - PCMaster160,Thebeatles8371
Not Enough Items - HanFox

Sphax86 - for making the original pack.

Permissions granted for distribution:-
-Sparkst3r
-HanFox
-Timmie3054
-CadenDonuts

Permission is not actually needed to distribute an Addon pack for Sphax but I thought I would get them anyway.

whizard_dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I like the sphax textures for the most part. Lapis is usually the exception in most of the texture packs I use. I am also glad that it has one of the biggest support bases for mods. By the way, what texture sizes do you guys usually go with? I can only handle 64 x 64. 128 x 128 gives me too much lagg.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
whizard_dragon said:
Yes I like the sphax textures for the most part. Lapis is usually the exception in most of the texture packs I use. I am also glad that it has one of the biggest support bases for mods. By the way, what texture sizes do you guys usually go with? I can only handle 64 x 64. 128 x 128 gives me too much lagg.

While the CPU and RAM is more important to actually render the game. The GPU is heavily needed with high res texture packs. Maybe its your GPU that is weak?

I'm able to play with 512x tex pack but that's the pointless thing ever. The file is big, takes a long time to load and download. I don't go over 128x.

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
I personally only ever use x64. I can play with the x128 without lag but I just prefer to keep my laptop in optimum conditions. i.e. using lower res texture pack that still looks decent, having all my video settings set to highest fps even though I don't need to etc etc.

bluechance12

Jul 29, 2019
Just found this post. This will be REALLY useful - no more having to go through downloading and merging all the add ons! Thanks!

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently in the process of putting an addon pack together for the 1.3 release of the mod pack. This should be done soon, like previously, it will only be in 64x and x128 due to the majority of mod textures only being released in these two resolutions.

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently in the process of putting an addon pack together for the 1.3 release of the mod pack. This should be done soon, like previously, it will only be in 64x and x128 due to the majority of mod textures only being released in these two resolutions.
You sir have our gratitude! Since optifine is optional, will you still add support for the mob texture randomizer and/or the other features optifine offers to the texture pack authors?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Some stuff is weird. Like and skeletons.
I am running OptiFine_1.4.2_HD_U_B4

Now what we have here is the fact that you may not have got the right version for your graphic card. I highly recommend downloading the standard version of Optifine.