rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
But odd numbers are better.
Building guides are what I use to make all my Mage towers.
And biospheres, and... well you get the idea.
Yeah everything would be 10 times easier with odd numbers :p but its just... some OCD thing that it just HAS to align with the chunk boundaries on all sides lol.

It got one thing going for itself though, the F9 chunk grid can be quite handy for comparing stuff and counting etc :p

But I must say, one of the most handy tools is probably the Bibliocraft "Tape measure". Easy to measure radius etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Starting to take shape. Most of the annoying bits done(all the large different sized circles). But head is starting to spin from counting out circles :p
dfnGIoJ.png

Took a break to make some more Ethereal Blossoms(removing some taint out near the new base), but wasnt happy about the Jar arrangement and my golem refused to reach any further jars. So suppose it was time to redo the jar section:
IieLuGz.png

0oMfNyi.png

And yes all those wooden bits are microblocks... /cry (and I just noticed the missing one... grrrr!).
Enderchest on the hopper for quick transport of tainted items(goo and tendrils etc) before they break down and taint me.

Behind the scenes:
9Wu6Ypd.png

Stairways leading up to microblock walkways. Did take a little bit of fine tuning just above the head of the golem, but else seems to work just fine. He whizzes up and down with Vis. Might give him a pal later to make things go a bit faster.

And no, I never got around to making those Ethereal Blossoms :p

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Starting to take shape. Most of the annoying bits done(all the large different sized circles). But head is starting to spin from counting out circles :p
dfnGIoJ.png

Took a break to make some more Ethereal Blossoms(removing some taint out near the new base), but wasnt happy about the Jar arrangement and my golem refused to reach any further jars. So suppose it was time to redo the jar section:
IieLuGz.png

0oMfNyi.png

And yes all those wooden bits are microblocks... /cry (and I just noticed the missing one... grrrr!).
Enderchest on the hopper for quick transport of tainted items(good and tendrils etc) before they break down and taint me.

Behind the scenes:
9Wu6Ypd.png

Stairways leading up to microblock walkways. Did take a little bit of fine tuning just above the head of the golem, but else seems to work just fine. He whizzes up and down with Vis. Might give him a pal later to make things go a bit faster.

And no, I never got around to making those Ethereal Blossoms :p
You can get Technomancy for easy taint removal. Just make sure to do it before Harder Taint arrives, planned for Technomancy too.

Tuonelan

Jul 29, 2019
When entering the seed, did you select BoP, Highlands or ATG. I am a noob when it comes to terrain generation and never sure what the difference between an "activated mod" and the actual terrain generation selection is?

Thanks for the help
T

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
Desert Biome, Desert Biome, Ocean Biome, Medium Biomes.
Stone block, Water block, Flat world.
Normal lighting.
No weather.
Zenith Phase, Zero Length, Normal Sun.
Normal Sun.
Dark Moon.
Dark Moon.
Dark Sun.
Dark Sun.
Normal stars.
Star Fissure.
Natural Cloud Color.
Natural Fog Color.
Natural Foliage Color.
Natural Grass Color.
Natural Sky Color.
Natural Water Color.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Stone Block, Spheres.
Clear Modifiers.

Just curious, I created this exact book, except I replaced 3 of the bottom stone blocks with mystcraft crystals (needed some portals...), and the entire world is flooded by a one block high ocean.

Do I need to try multiple times, or should that be happening at all?

And why is there a water block page? Couldn't that just be left out or replaced with another stone block?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can get Technomancy for easy taint removal. Just make sure to do it before Harder Taint arrives, planned for Technomancy too.
Not really interested in more magic mods atm :p

When entering the seed, did you select BoP, Highlands or ATG. I am a noob when it comes to terrain generation and never sure what the difference between an "activated mod" and the actual terrain generation selection is?

Thanks for the help
T
Afaik an activated mod(terrain/biome mod) does nothing unless it is either chosen as terrain generator or its biomes are being used in another mods terrain generator. In monster the 3 big mods(BoP, Highlands, ATG) are already configured to work with each other afaik. So no matter which one you choose as your terrain generator(this will determine what type of terrain you get), it will still borrow biomes from the other mods as long as they are activated.

I had all 3 activated(BoP Highlands and ATG) and then used ATG as terrain generator. This results in the ATG terrain with lots of mountains etc., but it will populate the terrain with biomes from both vanilla, BoP and Highlands.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just curious, I created this exact book, except I replaced 3 of the bottom stone blocks with mystcraft crystals (needed some portals...), and the entire world is flooded by a one block high ocean.

Do I need to try multiple times, or should that be happening at all?

And why is there a water block page? Couldn't that just be left out or replaced with another stone block?
Hmm I did get a lot of those world flooded with 1-2 blocks of water when I was trying different biome sizes(tried the Tiled one as well, got it every single time with that one). Could be that I just got lucky the first shot with the Medium Biome page. I dont really know what to suggest other than to keep trying. The new MC is awfully random and trying to force the Ocean to be flat just brings some weird stuff some times.

The Stone and Water block page after the terrain modifier(Flat world) is to make absolutely sure not to get a world with anything other than stone as the main "rock" and water as the main "fluid" (a normal world). If you don't use those you can due to the randomness get worlds with nothing but Netherrack for example(and no ores at all) or all water replaced by TiCo fluid metals.

Reactions: Staxed

NicJames2378

Jul 29, 2019
Great guide to follow along with you on! I was wondering if you would consider making a Youtube series on it also? That way we can see you doing things instead of only the end result. Also, could you put the images in spoilers? I love them, but it starts taking a while to load pages when everyone in the house is streaming videos and I'm trying to look at pictures :p. Keep up the work!

Also, have you considered using a wand of equal trade to change the building materials out when you're done instead of just breaking each block and then replacing them?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Recomendation: Make a Biofuel age.
Power for Dayz!
Also, Technomancy has some other neat end-game power options, like Node Creation.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Power for Dayz!
Also, Technomancy has some other neat end-game power options, like Node Creation.
That just makes it anti-fun, whats the fun in pumping endless power, then get bored quicker and make another world, when you can make more complicated setups for fun :) .

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Great guide to follow along with you on! I was wondering if you would consider making a Youtube series on it also? That way we can see you doing things instead of only the end result. Also, could you put the images in spoilers? I love them, but it starts taking a while to load pages when everyone in the house is streaming videos and I'm trying to look at pictures :p. Keep up the work!

Also, have you considered using a wand of equal trade to change the building materials out when you're done instead of just breaking each block and then replacing them?
Ehm hmm nah don't think I will be making a youtube series or something like that. I think people like DW do a great job of explaining things to newcomers, but I don't like the "Watch someone else play the game for you" approach. Also I don't think my style of playing is very entertaining(spending an hour putting in little microblocks :p).

And yeah I will try and put more of the none vital images in spoiler tags. Getting a bit heavy to scroll through some of the pages.

And yes I very much count on using the Equal exchange wand to do all the swapping out later :p

Power for Dayz!
No that would just be too cheaty. I am playing the game to have fun, not to do the fastest and most OP solution. Therefore you are likely to see me do things in less than "optimal" ways if I like the process or the end result better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ldog

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
No that would just be too cheaty. I am playing the game to have fun, not to do the fastest and most OP solution. Therefore you are likely to see me do things in less than "optimal" ways if I like the process or the end result better.
>Too Cheaty
>Requires a block of diamond, two blocks of thaumium, and 50000000 RF.
Also, multiply that BY TWO, because you need 2 two of those to create the node. You also need to pipe in the essentia. I did say "end-game" for a reason.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
>Too Cheaty
>Requires a block of diamond, two blocks of thaumium, and 50000000 RF.
Also, multiply that BY TWO, because you need 2 two of those to create the node. You also need to pipe in the essentia. I did say "end-game" for a reason.
I was referring to the biofuel age :p

I have no idea about technomancy, but for the moment I have enough with the mods that Monster already have included. Once I get through those or I need something very specific I might add in more.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I was referring to the biofuel age :p

I have no idea about technomancy, but for the moment I have enough with the mods that Monster already have included. Once I get through those or I need something very specific I might add in more.
Ah, the biofuel age. I got it by accident, and it has been my most prized possesion ever since.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Good old soartex TP, makes fancy stuff looks twice as fancy.
Yes I really love it. It stays true to the MC style while it "fancies" it all up a bit :)

I don't think I could play MC without it now tbh. Wouldn't know what half the things are anymore :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Finally finished the last circles and filled all the gaps in:
8SkccF9.png

Filling in all that sure consumed some cobble. Lost count of the number of trips I had to take back to fill 3x Diggers backpacks plus normal inventory.

Probably not going to have issues with space inside:
BdpJYux.png

Specially not since this "doughnut" is only part of the structure. Still need to do the "tower" and the "engine pods".

Here is a view of the "inner ring":
8xGfAb6.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You sure must have some wicked time on your hands o_O!
Hehe yeah lying in bed during the days with migraines and insomnia during the night will kinda do that to you :)
But yeah been taking some unusually long stints here recently :p

Reactions: PhantomRage