Monster 1.1.0 and Horizons 2.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It seems that the recipe for IC2's diamond drill is broken. I tried to use NEI'S cheat mode to just give myself a diamond drill instead but for the life of me I can't seem to get cheat mode to work. I can select cheat mode in NEI's options but the inventory screen is the same as recipe mode.
Ok I just ran into the exact same problem. Making the IC2 mining drill went fine(the one with all the plates, coils etc), but upgrading it to the Diamond Drill by crafting the Mining drill with 3 Diamonds will not work. I think there is a bug in the recipe where it expects the Mining Drill 30235, but the crafted Mining drill always takes the form of Mining drill 30235:1-30235:26.

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone else had a problem with rotarycraft pumps? anytime I try and place one it crashes the whole system.

tshives26

Jul 29, 2019
Its about that time, I think. Both packs are now moving out of beta. At this point, I will not be accepting bugs from pre-beta versions of the packs nor will I be offering support for updating worlds to these versions. If you do wish to update your worlds, you MUST break all rotartycraft shafts and gear boxes before updating (they will be fine in your inventory per Reika, this is the only issue I have as yet found.)

These builds will be moved to recommended on Monday. Change Logs are available in the usual place.

Happy building

So you are saying we do not need to wipe our worlds to update? What is the process to save the world and all items in it while updating to the latest 1.1.0?

I also noticed in 1.0.9 that the 2x Gold Insulated Cable does not have a recipe in game. This is needed to craft the computer chip. Is this fixed or is there a work around?

Mattbru77

Jul 29, 2019
Careful with the 1.0.9 to 1.1.0 world transfer -- In my experience:
The ID's of some Advanced Genetics shifted around or something. My AE network stoped recognizing the crafting recipie for syringes, and chests full of skin scales and genes are crashing my game when I open them[DOUBLEPOST=1394650407][/DOUBLEPOST]
Careful with the 1.0.9 to 1.1.0 world transfer -- In my experience:
The ID's of some Advanced Genetics shifted around or something. My AE network stoped recognizing the crafting recipie for syringes, and chests full of skin scales and genes are crashing my game when I open them

edit: Most advanced genetics items deleted themselves from inventories. Those in my diamond chest must have been left behind, and cause the crash.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason when ever I update the mod pack, and enable/disable certain mods when I go to hit "Launch" it re-downloads all the mods (Even when the mods are disabled) saying it's trying to download a texture pack... what gives?
I've been launching my custom packs with MultiMC 5. Getting it to work is a little... odd, but you can copy an instance over from the FTB Launcher.

1.) In MultiMC, click the little computer icon at the top (Change Settings)
2.) On the Features tab, under FTB, check "Track FTB Instances". That will create a FTB category with all of the modpacks you have downloaded. It does not create new folders for those modpacks, it just loads them straight from the FTB folder.
3.) Select an FTB instance, then click "Copy Selected Instance" at the top. Give it a different name and click OK. It might take a bit of time to copy. That will put the new instance in the default category. This new instance does not yet include vanilla Minecraft or the Forge install, that will be downloaded in later steps. It will copy everything else, just not Vanilla and Forge.
4.) Run the instance once to download vanilla Minecraft. If it gets stuck loading, you may have to use the "Kill Minecraft" button on the console the first time. If so, just run it again and it should work. The instance will load as Vanilla, so DO NOT open any saved worlds, just quit Minecraft and go back to MultiMC.
5.) Back on the MultiMC window, right-click the instance and choose "Edit Mods"
6.) Go to the "Version" tab and click "Install Forge". Choose "Forge 9.11.1.965", and click OK.
7.) Once it has download and installed Forge, click Close and go back to the main MultiMC window.

Now, when you open the MultiMC instance you will get an exact copy of however you had it set up in the FTB Launcher. I've done this with customized versions of Magic World 2, Tech World 2, and Direwolf20 1.6.4, and it's worked every time so far (though I have had to use the "Kill Minecraft" button on the first vanilla loadup for all of them). You can customize your instance either before or after transferring it to MultiMC, it doesn't matter. For my main pack, I just copied over Magic World 2 with the above steps, and then copy-pasted the extra mods I wanted (BC, TE, RC, a few others) from the FTB folder for Monster. You can disable mods from the Edit Mods menu in MultiMC as well.

Just be careful not to open any of your saved worlds until the main Minecraft window shows the MCP, FML, and Minecraft Forge version numbers in the bottom left, along with "# mods loaded, # mods active".

Reactions: TheSgtPunishment

tshives26

Jul 29, 2019
The update went fine and everything is running smooth. There still is no recipe for the 2x insulated gold cable. I need them to make computer circuits. Any help with this?

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
The update went fine and everything is running smooth. There still is no recipe for the 2x insulated gold cable. I need them to make computer circuits. Any help with this?
AFAIK, there hasn't been a fix to this yet. If you playing SSP, you can throw away the items required to craft it and spawn yourself one.

tshives26

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK, there hasn't been a fix to this yet. If you playing SSP, you can throw away the items required to craft it and spawn yourself one.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it's not SSP. I run a server and it has been the most popular item to complain about lol. I tried to pull it out of creative inv but it was not there. Would giveitem work?

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it's not SSP. I run a server and it has been the most popular item to complain about lol. I tried to pull it out of creative inv but it was not there. Would giveitem work?
Since you're the admin, you should be able to change your NEI to cheat mode, so just do that. If other players also need it, just ask them to give you the items needed to craft it, and then spawn them one. It's not really cheating if you're doing it because it;s a bug and you still throw away the items needed to craft it.

tshives26

Jul 29, 2019
Since you're the admin, you should be able to change your NEI to cheat mode, so just do that. If other players also need it, just ask them to give you the items needed to craft it, and then spawn them one. It's not really cheating if you're doing it because it;s a bug and you still throw away the items needed to craft it.

I tired that, but they aren't even listed in my NEI. Only in the recipe.

Also, for some reason you have to be OP to be able to create a nether portal. No clue why. And ideas? I use essentials btw.

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There was a problem in Norton's virus definitions, and it should be fixed in the next virus definition update.

That's always the story with Norton... Except in the old days their "target" app to break was Windows itself.

I refuse to use a product that arbitrarily decides that it absolutely HAS to run a check during an important CPU/disk intensive operation even though it completed one just 30 minutes before (True Story!)

Status
Not open for further replies.