Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I think my problem is that it requires a mana holding block on the other end of the beam for it to even send out a block breaking pulse. Am I missing something or is that its intended use?

You're right, I just finished adding something for this.
7jkdg.png

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, I just finished adding something for this.

So yes, having a block at the other end is the intended use. Just not the normal blocks. :D

That seems to really limit the bore lense's use without some real trickery and thinking outside the box.

Is there a way to stack lense effects? Something like that would allow combining the bore and bounce lense for mining by bouncing the beam off obsidian/bedrock underground.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to stack lense effects? Something like that would allow combining the bore and bounce lense for mining by bouncing the beam off obsidian/bedrock underground.

Not yet, Maybe later down the line.

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Vazk, you are absolutely amazing. Tomorrow, I hope I can get my lazy butt to make...

Hehehe, not going to spoil anything.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I just finished my botania sfm te3 mixture farm... I'll put up pics tomorrow

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
For destroying a water source block, those Hydragneas don't give very much power. And even with using just wood the Enderflames give quite a bit.

I did some testing on making a movable mining platform using the bore lense. It's not very feasable just yet though.

I'm feeding the water flowers buckets from an autonamous activator and dispenser. Also, Feeding the Enderflames wood from a golem tree farm and dropper. Just playing around, these can be vastly more efficient I'm sure.

gbUpUKf.png

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Since im here...
Mana Totems are in the latest Totemic build :D
Run off mana and do cool things \o/

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I found an issue that you may have fixed in v11. The particles of mana shot at a mana void don't stop when they hit the void that keep on going for about 20 more blocks

That's... weird. I haven't come across that.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
So vazkii, a few compatibility issues and ideas. I have a large amount of mods with your mod and when I initially started I tried using harvestcraft seeds, which didn't work, so i tried pumpkin, also didn't work, finally only wheat seeds worked. Do you think you could make it so any seed can be used? Also, i have a few hydroangeas but have newer seen them suck up water from my infinite pool, do you think you could gie them some kind of slurping noise when the suck water so people can know that they're working? Also, I was wondering if we could get some kind of growth beam that acts like bonemeal sorta? What do you think? P.S. I LOVE this mod, its so easy to get started and it isn't too late game though I wish mana genned faster, I have 15 dayblooms and 2 hydroangeas and not even enough mana for a mana pearl. Anyway, GREAT MOD!

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
So vazkii, a few compatibility issues and ideas. I have a large amount of mods with your mod and when I initially started I tried using harvestcraft seeds, which didn't work, so i tried pumpkin, also didn't work, finally only wheat seeds worked. Do you think you could make it so any seed can be used? Also, i have a few hydroangeas but have newer seen them suck up water from my infinite pool, do you think you could gie them some kind of slurping noise when the suck water so people can know that they're working? Also, I was wondering if we could get some kind of growth beam that acts like bonemeal sorta? What do you think? P.S. I LOVE this mod, its so easy to get started and it isn't too late game though I wish mana genned faster, I have 15 dayblooms and 2 hydroangeas and not even enough mana for a mana pearl. Anyway, GREAT MOD!

I've noticed they only take water on the same level as them. I think the range is a 1 block radius around the flower. So something like this would work good.

K20gfiH.png

I've got a question about the new mana tablets. Do they follow despawn rules?

With a lot of these botania systems needing thrown items, it looks like the vanilla dropper is going to be the main item needed for automating.

Field of hydraneas
http://i.imgur.com/bwD70GF.png

Automated Mana Tablet using droppers and a turtle.
http://i.imgur.com/0tZd2gi.png

Last edited: