New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decirium

Jul 29, 2019
I am sure I remember that the Direwolf pack was once supposed to be the same as the ultimate, but there is no "Extra bees", "trains", "GregTech", or even no "Twilight forest", and the guude pack don't have the two "guns"or "nei plugins".

The packs mostly make sense, look at the sort of LPs either Dire or Mindcrack show off and you'll find each pack matches up to what you would expect. The only surprise for me was a lack of Advanced Machines in Dire's, I can only imagine that he will be using different mods in his SSP LP this time for macerating and cooking.[DOUBLEPOST=1356330792][/DOUBLEPOST]
So all the packs use a universal set of ID's correct? So I could for example use the ultimate pack and then add a few things that might not be in it like Compact solars (just to give an example) and then play along with DW's maps as long as I had all the same mods?

Mostly, you'd need to edit the configs in some cases as the mods do share certain IDs by default.

Seldom Bored

Jul 29, 2019
The packs mostly make sense, look at the sort of LPs either Dire or Mindcrack show off and you'll find each pack matches up to what you would expect. The only surprise for me was a lack of Advanced Machines in Dire's, I can only imagine that he will be using different mods in his SSP LP this time for macerating and cooking.
In the house he's building on the server, he's using the Thermal Expansion machines to do the ores. Not sure why but most likely because he can generate the MJ with the liquid redstone thing and they pump directly into eachother.

CrazyAL

Jul 29, 2019
What I am curious to know is will this "ultimate pack" with all the mods in it have gregtech turned on hardmode? I really hope so because from what I have read the main FTB pack will have easier settings for Gregtech then what we've been playing in the beta, not sure why they would do that, just make a "easy I am a lil' baby pack" for the people moaning that can't handle Gregtech arrrrrr! ;) Yes I am aware I can play the Mindcrack version with these settings but playing that version on a channel could raise some issues if you are not affiliated with them.

Laryagar

Jul 29, 2019
It will be here, maybe the Ultimate had to be delayed until a mod or two were made 1.4.6 compatible and the mods needed for Direwolf20 and Mindcrack were already updated. At least the ones that would have affected world generation were done so the rest could be added when ready.

CraftUrToe

Jul 29, 2019
i am confused. anyone could help me? just tell me is the 1.4.6 mod pack is out or not? GrumpyGamerLP already said he has the version of 1.4.6 mod pack :(

WhatGravitas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit puzzled by the omission of NEIPlugins in the Mindcrack pack, though - it seems to be an oversight (considering NEI itself is in and *some* plugins). I do hope it's accidental and hence a bug...

WhatGravitas

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, TheKing4562, they're both SMP packs. In the FtB launcher, go to the "Mods" tab, then click "Filter Settings" and choose "Server" in the drop-down menu. Instead of "Launch", you're then offered a SMP server download.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Use the launcher to drop the mystcraft jar in mods folder of Mindcrack instance.
Simple as that. I did that with no id conflicts.

I did the whole thing with multimc, so i didn't touch the main FTB pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.