New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if you create a mindcrack server will you be able to switch it over to a direwolf server without issues?

In this case it doesn't look like it's possible as there are bunch of mods that are different between the two. IE. Twilight Forest, Gregtech, Adv. Solar, Traincraft.

babqyou

Jul 29, 2019
can some please tell me what the difference between mindcrack pack and direwolf20's pack
and what is this "ForgeCraft pack" and "ultimate pack" i heard about
(sorry i'm new here)

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I plan on having SSP worlds for each. DW's is missing some critical ones I'd like for main map play, such as Extra Bees, Twilight, GregTech, but his pack will mirror what he LPs with, so you can follow along (as many like to do). For main map, MC's is just missing Mystcraft and the Portal Gun, which won't effect your worldgen (and are easy to add in).

ixiboneheadixi

Jul 29, 2019
just wondering, what is crushed ice for, what mod is it from and how do you get it? also what are allthe fluids in the game? my goal right now is to get a big iron tank full of every fluid. when i load up the game in the console thing with all the text it lists a ton of stuff like fluid obsidian and stuff idk if thats in the game or not.

AFinkle

Jul 29, 2019
This is what my spreadsheet says:
Mind crack does not have wireless redstone, portal gun, NEI Plugins (but has NEI), Mystcraft, GravityGun, Compact solars...

DW20 pack is missing; Traincraft, Twilight forest, WRCBE, Gravisuite, Advanced solar's, Gregtech, Extra bees, Advanced machines, PetroGen, Voxelmenu, Rei's minimap...

My guess on the Ultimate pack is every single player mod and the ForgeCraft is every mutli-player compatable mod...
both mods (both theirs like 20 out all ready [I kid]) both new packs are great looking (going with the Mindcrack pack already started, DW20 sorry [again with this kidding business]...

Last note I love Voxel menu (music made with Minecraft blocks the best).. I seen the menu on slowpokes stream yesterday and was wondering what it was (not much of a builder so I passed up the Voxel box packs).

BallisticMunky

Jul 29, 2019
Were my eyes playing games on me, or did I see the v1 map for DW20's next let's play? I hate myself for not trying to download it as it seems it is no longer showing up. ;( oh well guess that means DW20's lp will soon be following, yay

Laryagar

Jul 29, 2019
When I loaded up DW20's pack it showed 53 mods loaded, Mindcrack I roughly counted 56 mods. On Mindcrack they did not show a total but I counted the mods plus their child mods, and did not count the light mod category. Hard to say what to pick, I wanted to convert my Tekkit server over to FTB but trying to pick the most complete pack.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
There is one thing I find strange...

I am sure I remember that the Direwolf pack was once supposed to be the same as the ultimate, but there is no "Extra bees", "trains", "GregTech", or even no "Twilight forest", and the guude pack don't have the two "guns"or "nei plugins".

Oh, well, I will still have to wait for the real "ultimate" that should have everything, , but I don't quite get hy there are so much packs instead of doing one big one and letting people choose if they want to actively use them (as in "craft the items and use them") or just let them sleep, not doing anything.

While I can understand why some might not want mystcraft in a server, the rest of the stuff is basically not taxing the server as long as it is not used, as far as I know.

BallisticMunky

Jul 29, 2019
When I loaded up DW20's pack it showed 53 mods loaded, Mindcrack I roughly counted 56 mods. On Mindcrack they did not show a total but I counted the mods plus their child mods, and did not count the light mod category. Hard to say what to pick, I wanted to convert my Tekkit server over to FTB but trying to pick the most complete pack.

Well "complete" is probably subjective in these packs ... what I am quickly finding out, is I can't decide either because there are several to choose from now, and they are going to be adding more soon I am sure. I don't want to really make a decision until I see all of the packs.

It is great that FTB launcher allows various packs, but eventually if they allow so many diff packs, it is going to be too hard to choose which to start and stick with, and I don't want to have 5 diff worlds going at once.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's really not clear. Anyway it seems there is no server exe so the wait is still on.

Laryagar

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine they are working on getting out the special commissioned for custom packs first then will put out the Ultimate.

Edoc

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 pack is missing; Traincraft, Twilight forest, WRCBE, Gravisuite, Advanced solar's, Gregtech, Extra bees, Advanced machines, PetroGen, Voxelmenu, Rei's minimap...

Wrong, Gravisuite is obviously in, also WRCBE, the rest are not essential mod, in fact most of them are not in any pack.

Yeah, it's really not clear. Anyway it seems there is no server exe so the wait is still on.
Servers are out :S

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine they are working on getting out the paid for custom packs first then will put out the Ultimate.

Let me be clear - the Mindcrack and Direwolf20 packs may have been commissioned, but no money changed hands. They were done for free as acts of goodwill to give entertainers something to show while their audiences could easily follow along with them.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Let me be clear - the Mindcrack and Direwolf20 packs may have been commissioned, but no money changed hands. They were done for free as acts of goodwill to give entertainers something to show while their audiences could easily follow along with them.
Commission was probably a bad word to use to begin with. Too many people read too much into things.

Laryagar

Jul 29, 2019
I assume when they put together the custom packs they are doing more than coding in the mods, they are customizing the main screen, changing textures, sounds, music, and other user experience features based on what the customer wants. In this case Direwolf20 and Mindcrack servers wanted a specific experience for players and this allows any players that want to come to their servers to have an easy and free way to join. Also helps anyone who wants to make a server that works like Mindcrack or Direwolf20's to have a ready made package they can start up and a means for players to join them.

P.S.
As an addendum, customer refers to the person or people requesting the customized pack, not implying that it was a paid transaction.

Decirium

Jul 29, 2019
This is what my spreadsheet says:
Mind crack does not have wireless redstone, portal gun, NEI Plugins (but has NEI), Mystcraft, GravityGun, Compact solars...

WRCBE is the same thing as Wireless Redstone - CBE so nothing to mention there. With Mystcraft I expect it will be added but the mod was updated pretty late on from what I can tell so they probably didn't add it to the Mindcrack pack yet (and the word on Myst was that it adds no world generation so is easily added later). Compact/Advanced Solars are independant but share the same purpose. Gravisuite actually is on the list for Dire's and the mod in the folder is called "mod_zGraviSuite_1_6". Everything else matches to what you said though.

On the other side of things, looking at what is missing, most of it isn't that surprising. Dire never used Rei's in his SSP LP, Twilight Forest isn't his sort of LP style but is a nice addition to the mod pack list, Gregtech is annoying from a purely LP standpoint so is probably out for that reason, Extra Bees based on the feedback from viewers would just not be worth the effort and Voxel is purely a visual and would rarely get seen in his LP. Traincraft hasn't had a mod spotlight by Dire so that could be the reason for that one and PetroGen is a niche mod to fill a gap in energy conversion while Dire prefers to make a specific power system for each build. I think the most surprising one for me though is Advanced Machines, that's been a staple on the LPs for a while.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
So all the packs use a universal set of ID's correct? So I could for example use the ultimate pack and then add a few things that might not be in it like Compact solars (just to give an example) and then play along with DW's maps as long as I had all the same mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.