FTB Master Configs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I see from diffs between monster versions that the Calclavia config keeps on saving itself, but re-quoting the ""s arround the comments.
So each successive config is growing successively larger.

Nalkrien

Jul 29, 2019
#Blocks
3973: calclavia:infiniteBlock from CalclaviaCore - null from pamharvestcraft
Suggested Ranges: 3771-3860 (90 IDs), 3051-3119 (69 IDs), 3392-3455 (64 IDs)

Using Calclavia Core version 1.1.1.68 and Pams Harvestcraft version 1.1.4 which is apparently the cinnamon

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm trying to add some of the Magic Farm 2 mods to Monster, so I can move my world over. I'm getting this:
#Blocks
3973: null from HungerOverhaul - null from pamharvestcraft
Suggested Ranges: 2951-3119 (169 IDs), 1556-1719 (164 IDs), 1849-2000 (152 IDs)
Any ideas? I've copied the configs for both mods over, so it's a bit odd that the two mods are conflicting when they were fine in Magic Farm 2.
*Edit* 3973 is cinnamon, so this looks like it is related to the problem that Nalkrien posted.
*Edit* Is Hunger Overhaul auto-assigning different IDs because it's in a different pack and the available ranges are different?
*Edit* If I disable Hunger Overhaul, then I get the exact same error as Nalkrien.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to add some of the Magic Farm 2 mods to Monster, so I can move my world over. I'm getting this:

Any ideas? I've copied the configs for both mods over, so it's a bit odd that the two mods are conflicting when they were fine in Magic Farm 2.
*Edit* 3973 is cinnamon, so this looks like it is related to the problem that Nalkrien posted.
*Edit* Is Hunger Overhaul auto-assigning different IDs because it's in a different pack and the available ranges are different?
*Edit* If I disable Hunger Overhaul, then I get the exact same error as Nalkrien.

Hunger overhaul rewrites most of harvestcraft this is not an error.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
The master configs don't include versions 16 or 17 of Reikas mods. Some new IDs are claimed, mostly by Geostrata.

Eyamaz, you'll need to I'm not sure what allocate a new ID for Geostrata in its upcoming updates: It conflicts with but I'm not sure in how many ways asks for 10002 (minus 256), which is taken up already in extrautils.

When I look at the spreadsheet, I see IDs there shifted + 256 from what I'm seeing in the configs.

When I crash, Reika's mod is telling me that Extrautils is not asking for +256, and is asking for exactly what is in its config, which conflicts with Geostrata's +256.

Final edit: This fix looks to be exactly in line with your current ID conversion scheme. I Solved it by changing this new line in the updated Geostrata config:
I:"Crystal Cluster"=10002
needs to change to
I:"Crystal Cluster"=9746
I believe this is a reasonable prediction for what the FTB team will select, since it's 1-up from a preexisting small item block.

Fixing this allowed the game to get to the point where it gave me a block id conflict text file.
Unfortunately, I cannot predict what the FTB team's IDs will be for this, as Geostrata's IDs sit compactly in the middle of a break in the otherwise large and intermittent AM2 allocation. The new Geostrata block IDs will have to come from somewhere else, and really, any place seems as likely as the next.

Last edited:

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft 4.1 is also not in the universals yet.

Edit: Thanks Eyamaz! Also thanks Jadedcat!
v v
v v
V V

Last edited:

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using these configs, but whenever I put Aroma1997Core in, it crashes. There is a mod that I have installed that requires Aroma1997Core. Could someone tell me all the mods that require Aroma1997Core so I can take the mod out? Also, what mods require Tinker Construct?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using these configs, but whenever I put Aroma1997Core in, it crashes. There is a mod that I have installed that requires Aroma1997Core. Could someone tell me all the mods that require Aroma1997Core so I can take the mod out? Also, what mods require Tinker Construct?

I believe it's Compact Windmills that require it.

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture and Forbidden Magic both use enchantment id 68 in the Master Configs.

Mariculture uses it for "Spiderman", and Forbidden Magic uses it for "Capitalist".

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thread to request mods to be added to the config? I'd request:
Grimoires of Gaia 2 mob mod
Mekanism ver 6, config still has v5.7.0
Galacticraft yes I'm aware it has incompatibilities with Blood Magic
adv solars panels
gravisuit
littlemaidmob (since touhou alice dolls are in already)
Mo' Creatures
maybe Botania and Magic Totems?

yes I can add it myself, but having to not redo everything whenever the master configs updates would be great.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
As I understand it, only mods with specific permissions granted to FtB will be added to the UC. If you don't see the mod you want, then either FtB hasn't looked at it yet (who can enumerate all the mods out there?) or the mod developer hasn't given permission for it to be included.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
As I understand it, only mods with specific permissions granted to FtB will be added to the UC. If you don't see the mod you want, then either FtB hasn't looked at it yet (who can enumerate all the mods out there?) or the mod developer hasn't given permission for it to be included.

Ah youre quite right, I forgot about that condition that only configs for mods added to FTB will be made. that rules out Mo'Creatures and Grimoires of Gaia. Galacticraft for the compatibilities same with littlemaidmob. But Mekanism v6, adv solars, and gravisuit are feasible yes? I'd like to add these myself but I dont know what ID ranges the FTB team would leave free, at least for the next 6mths.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If you wait for packs based on 1.7 it shouldn't matter as dev-defined IDs should be a thing of the past.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If you wait for packs based on 1.7 it shouldn't matter as dev-defined IDs should be a thing of the past.
I've heard that said so many times that I'm almost starting to believe it. Does anyone have any links to details on how it works? The only way I can think of is for every world to have its own ID table that gets passed to the client when connecting.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
The theory is similar to the way that DNS and DHCP work...

Right now (1.6 and prior) there is a limited number of IDs available that have to be statically defined... This leads to duplication with multiple mods in use, unless an entity like FtB creates a "Universal Config" that pre-defines the IDs.

In the new system, while the IDs still technically exist, they are not directly accessible... instead of specifying the item's ID Number, you use its Text name, as in "Minecraft:Stone", or "TinkersConstruct:SearedBrick".

The way it works is that as the game and additional mods are loaded they are assigned to a name to ID# lookup table. This way unused IDs only exist at the end of the list, and no duplication can occur. Since items are accessed by name it doesn't matter that your system thinks "Minecraft:Stone" == ID 1 while mine thinks "Minecraft:Stone" == ID 100.

Think of the Items as being assigned "addresses" like your computer is assigned by your router's DHCP server, and when you want to access an item your client looks up the name and replaces it with the ID like your browser finds a website's IP by looking up the name using DNS.

If we didn't have DNS you would have to remember all of your websites, mail servers etc. by address instead of name, and you probably wouldn't be able to access the internet at all since there aren't enough unique addresses to go around anyway. We "make do" because there are "Private" addresses usable only on the lan side of routers via DHCP. (Hands up, everyone whose system is addressed at 10.0.0.2 or 192.168.1.2)

[Edit] Although both numeric and name IDs work in 1.7, it looks like numeric IDs are gone when 1.8 becomes official.

[edit - edit] Apparently they started implementing a similar system for user IDs (UUID) in today's new snapshot (14w10a/b). In this case you as a user will have a permanent non-text ID which is linked to your username. They're implementing the internal changes for the game (to make things like server bans impossible to circumvent by changing your name) and hope to have those ready when 1.8 comes out. Sometime after that we should be able to rename our accounts.

Last edited: