Issues with connecting? Please report them here.

NightStorm

Jul 29, 2019
In Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1

Right Click on
1.JPG
or
2.JPG

Then click Network & Sharing Center.

In there click on your Internet Connection
3.JPG

In the Window thats opening click on Properties. Then Doupleclick "internet protocol version 4"
Check "Use the following DNS Server Addresses and Type 156.154.70.1 in.
Click OK and close everything.

Now it should download again.

Sorry for my Shitty English. I am Austrian and English isnt my Native Language.

Reactions: Ashzification

JBTechWood

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to resolve this issue by adding a known good IP address for one of the new.creeperrepo.net mirrors to my hosts file.

Based on some of the other information provided by previous posts it looks like the global DNS isn't functioning properly for creeperhost's repos. There was html code showing in the download location drop down on the advanced options menu for me until making the change to the host file, now the only option is automatic and it's greyed out.

Hope this helps...off to dinner, and then DW20 FTW!

Sinest

Jul 29, 2019
Mine also not working while trying to open launcher and download mods.. http://pastebin.com/NRZHEFBA[DOUBLEPOST=1388450037][/DOUBLEPOST]I have tried changing DNS, Resinstalling FTB and doing a sys restore as it was working yesterday..

Viper-7

Jul 29, 2019
For those still unsure, this issue is caused by the host new.creeperrepo.net being unavailable to many users around the world. This is a CreeperHost problem outside of FTB's control, and is being worked on, but seeing as this is the third or fourth time we've seen this issue in as many months, i've knocked up a simple work-around.

Firstly its a good idea to make sure you are actually experiencing this particular issue. This part is easy, just visit this link, and see if you get an error. If you do, read on.

For those who know what it means, all you need to is add a hosts entry for new.creeperrepo.net to point to 192.111.138.82 which is the address of the Atlanta mirror.

For those who glossed over for that part, and are running Windows, I've made a simple script that will make that change for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcjiwf7xg8j7ai6/CreeperRepoAtlanta.cmd

Just run the script and it will guide you the rest of the way.

Please remember to run this script again in a few days to undo this fix, answering No to the question it asks, or you may encounter issues later down the track when/if the Atlanta server goes offline.

Scopius

Jul 29, 2019
Pinging www.creeperrepo.net [199.96.83.199] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Reply from 199.96.83.199: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=48
Request timed out.
Reply from 199.96.83.199: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 199.96.83.199:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 62ms, Maximum = 62ms, Average = 62ms[DOUBLEPOST=1388458994][/DOUBLEPOST]
For those still unsure, this issue is caused by the host new.creeperrepo.net being unavailable to many users around the world. This is a CreeperHost problem outside of FTB's control, and is being worked on, but seeing as this is the third or fourth time we've seen this issue in as many months, i've knocked up a simple work-around.

Firstly its a good idea to make sure you are actually experiencing this particular issue. This part is easy, just visit this link, and see if you get an error. If you do, read on.

For those who know what it means, all you need to is add a hosts entry for new.creeperrepo.net to point to 192.111.138.82 which is the address of the Atlanta mirror.

For those who glossed over for that part, and are running Windows, I've made a simple script that will make that change for you.

Please remember to run this script again in a few days to undo this fix, answering No to the question it asks, or you may encounter issues later down the track when/if the Atlanta server goes offline.

Thank you for this.

Dylan King

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having this problem for awhile now about downloading any mod pack and the one i just really want to play is Mindcrack but when I am downloading it at a random time it says this....
From Console: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
From Console: at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
From Console: at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadUrl(ModManager.java:116)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack(ModManager.java:178)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.doInBackground(ModManager.java:86)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.doInBackground(ModManager.java:67)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
From Console: at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
From Console: at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadUrl(ModManager.java:116)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack(ModManager.java:187)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.doInBackground(ModManager.java:86)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.doInBackground(ModManager.java:67)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Local: AE9E446726C09A4BA4E21F515F731D75
Remote: 0E949628F947524A2F9E07E6AF6C0D98
Error downloading modpack!!!

Can you please help me!! If you can thanks!!!

Format:
Operating System, bit type: 64 bit
Internet Service Provider : Zeekon
Java version/update, bit type: Latest java update
Anti-malware software: Dont know
Location you are (generalized): Texas, United States
Location you're downloading from: C drive or downloads
Launcher version: v1.3.2
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): n
Console log, pastebin.com link:
Ping Results: night good/great ping day ok/bad/sometimes good ping

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul_T

Jul 29, 2019

This is most definitely not a problem at our end, feel free to use either nslookup or dig to check our dns servers.

On windows from command prompt;
Code:
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns1.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns2.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns3.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns4.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns5.creeperrepo.net
On linux from console;
Code:
dig @ns1.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns2.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns3.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns4.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns5.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net

I do rather get tired of everything automatically being our fault.

However, I'm assuming the FTB launchers initial launcher doesn't failover to the country specific repo urls if it fails to download from new.creeperrepo.net the hosts file is the only option, not sure why a SPOF was coded into the launcher but it's there and it needs worked around.

As much as I'd love it if we had control over every single nameserver in the world, we don't, we control our 10 and that's all, ours are working as intended.

For those RHEL based linux users who might not know where the hosts file is, it's in /etc/hosts, but I assume most do.

I also suggest using chicago2, 216.231.139.117 as it is the historically lowest used repo and central to most the world, where as recently the Atlanta repos have been hitting capacity in busy times.

Free2Mix

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7 64 bit
Internet Service Provider: STC
Java version/update, bit type: JRE 7 u45
Anti-malware software: Norton ( Disabled )
Location you are (generalized): KSA
Location you're downloading from: Automatic
Launcher version: 1.3.2
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Yes
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/CzFRqpJf

I can download the modpack but i cant launch it.

Artheos

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System and bit type: Windows 7 x64
Java version/update and bit type: 1.7 u45
FTB Log: http://pastebin.com/aVQeEdEH
CMD Log: http://pastebin.com/kZwKCwMY
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): yes except step 6
Description of the problem:

As per the CMD log, new.creeperrepo.net utterly fails to resolve to an IP, while directly pinging an IP it normally resolves to (78.129.148.36) does work. Using Google's Public DNS Servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Updated Java, restarted, deleted old install files, but that's not relevant for a DNS type error, is it? Also using Microsoft Security Essentials.

EDIT: Following up, editing my hosts file to forcibly resolve it to the known IP seems to have worked. This may however be too extreme for most people if it's the problems others have.

This solved my problem.

Edit: For clarification, adding a manual entry in my host file fixed my problem.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Format:
1. Operating System, bit type: 64 bit
2. Internet Service Provider : Zeekon
3. Java version/update, bit type: Latest java update
4. Anti-malware software: Dont know
5. Location you are (generalized): Texas, United States
6. Location you're downloading from: C drive or downloads
7. Launcher version: v1.3.2
8. Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): n
9. Console log, pastebin.com link:
10. Ping Results: night good/great ping day ok/bad/sometimes good ping

Don't post walls of text.
You need to fill out the format correctly. Things that are currently incorrect:
1. You need to give us your operating system. We can't just guess. There are OS specific issues.
3. The "latest" Java is always changing. Using the term "the latest" is useless. We need a version number and an update number. Your Java bit type is also important.
4. You ought to know what protection software you're using. By not knowing, you're telling me you have no idea how secure or insecure your system is.
6. The location you're downloading from is the repo you're downloading from. Not the location the files are downloading to on your computer.
8. You need to complete the guide. It's called a troubleshooting guide for a reason.
9. No link. You sent a wall of text instead.
10. You need to follow the instructions for pinging the servers. Saying "good" or "bad" is just as useless as "the latest".

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Snip.

Do not do this. This thread is for issues with connecting, and the suggestions so far have been deemed suitable work-arounds for users with this issue.

NalyKalZul

Jul 29, 2019

yay mod list loads,thank you for the quick fix kind sir.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
This is most definitely not a problem at our end, feel free to use either nslookup or dig to check our dns servers.

On windows from command prompt;
Code:
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns1.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns2.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns3.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns4.creeperrepo.net
nslookup new.creeperrepo.net ns5.creeperrepo.net
On linux from console;
Code:
dig @ns1.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns2.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns3.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns4.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net
dig @ns5.creeperrepo.net new.creeperrepo.net

I do rather get tired of everything automatically being our fault.

However, I'm assuming the FTB launchers initial launcher doesn't failover to the country specific repo urls if it fails to download from new.creeperrepo.net the hosts file is the only option, not sure why a SPOF was coded into the launcher but it's there and it needs worked around.

As much as I'd love it if we had control over every single nameserver in the world, we don't, we control our 10 and that's all, ours are working as intended.

For those RHEL based linux users who might not know where the hosts file is, it's in /etc/hosts, but I assume most do.

I also suggest using chicago2, 216.231.139.117 as it is the historically lowest used repo and central to most the world, where as recently the Atlanta repos have been hitting capacity in busy times.
That's all great, but downloading the monster server (I have not tried other servers), with or without the previously mentioned DNS workaround, has been impossible for the past day+. I'd pay real money for a non-creeperhost mirror right about now.

Ub3rZ4cH

Jul 29, 2019
Using this mirror is all well and true, but for someone in england, it is slow as ****, even with super fast internet.

Does anyone have a mirror for the UK?

Dragar

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 8 64 bit
Internet Service Provider: Caribbean Host
Java version/update, bit type: JRE 7 u45
Anti-malware software: Avast Internet Security
Location you are (generalized): Puerto Rico
Location you're downloading from: Automatic
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Yes
Console log, pastebin.com link: [url]http://pastebin.com/h3K8CXfe[/URL]

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Using this mirror is all well and true, but for someone in england, it is slow as ****, even with super fast internet.

Does anyone have a mirror for the UK?
Try a different repo.
Hell, try them all.

I've successfully downloaded Monster from every available repo. I live in Rochester, NY.

Feel free to calculate the distance to every repo available.
It might be slow, but if it downloads completely, then you don't need to be posting in this thread.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
There -was- a real problem with server downloads for almost a full day.