Upcoming Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019

hehe I see exlb is in that list with non of the mods active I thinking they not going to support it as there is no master config for it even though I using it just because I like it far better its my personal preference wile for most its BoP. I do know quite a bit of people that like to use all the biome add on mods it still be nice to have that config for those that want a all in one biome pack.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list out there of the modpacks and what mods each has, like an easy cross reference list? Thanks in advance everyone!

When you click on each 1.6.4 pack on FTB launcher on the right side there's a list of all mods in each pack also with the name of an author/authors of each mod.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Gates for pipes.. which you don't have without BC.
Actually, I see gates used on cobblestone pipes for outputting redstone signals pretty common. They're good for general automation even if you aren't using BC pipes, since they detect a number of conditions that'd be tricky to get otherwise.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I see gates used on cobblestone pipes for outputting redstone signals pretty common. They're good for general automation even if you aren't using BC pipes, since they detect a number of conditions that'd be tricky to get otherwise.

But they still need to be placed on pipes.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
BC is integral with a number of things especially where pipes are concerned when you think about it.

Logistic Pipes, Forestry (Apiarist pipe), Dartcraft (Force Pipe), DenPipes etc etc

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Gates for pipes.. which you don't have without BC.
Er... yes... I'm saying, if BuildCraft isn't in a pack, I would miss gates. Ipso facto I would miss pipes because you have to mount the gate on something. But it's the gate functionality, not the fact that it's a pipe-decorator, that I would miss. But maybe gates is one of the things in BuildCraft that eats up CPU, constantly checking the state of everything next to it.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Does Binnie's mods (extra trees & bees) require any world gen? I hear he's going to fix the major bug that is preventing these mods from being added to the packs. I wonder if I should just wait a little bit longer to start my world.

From what I remember, it doesn't add anything that needs to be generated.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Does Binnie's mods (extra trees & bees) require any world gen? I hear he's going to fix the major bug that is preventing these mods from being added to the packs. I wonder if I should just wait a little bit longer to start my world.

From what I remember, it doesn't add anything that needs to be generated.
Just some new hive types. Nothing you can't find by exploring new areas; it's not like you have to dig for them or anything...

lmas

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Tankh. So now i see that a lots of things missing what i was expecting to play in this mod like Atomic Science,Carpenter's Blocks,Mekanism,Mekanism Tools,Mekanism Induction,Mekanism Generators, and so on shame... It will not be replacmet it will be totaly new pack why was Horizons released like intro to new mods like Blood Magic ,Ars magica 2 ant they not included ? No Power suits no dartcraft so how to make nice armor for runing fast?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I was also disappointed to see a lack of Mekanism and associated UE mods but it's early yet and they do seem to be pencilled into the Ultimate replacement pack on some pages and not on others, so I don't know if they are or aren't going to be included.

Reactions: PierceSG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thank you Tankh. So now i see that a lots of things missing what i was expecting to play in this mod like Atomic Science,Carpenter's Blocks,Mekanism,Mekanism Tools,Mekanism Induction,Mekanism Generators, and so on shame... It will not be replacmet it will be totaly new pack why was Horizons released like intro to new mods like Blood Magic ,Ars magica 2 ant they not included ? No Power suits no dartcraft so how to make nice armor for runing fast?
If you read the entire thread you will find that the list Slow called the near final was indeed not that. Lots of other stuff are apparently planned to go in, but its being kept secret for now(for unknown reasons..).

For example it was just let slip that Xenos reliquary will be in Monster:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/xenos-reliquary-its-back-for-1-6.35542/page-2#post-500254

lmas

Jul 29, 2019
i just dont get it why keep secrets why just cant write what they gona to include unless they dont know yet,i understand that some mods dont work well together any ideas for release date? But Mekanism is needed for this one i think.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when you put a large pack of mods together you need to know they are going to work together, so specifying this mod, that mod, the other mod will be in the pack before putting said pack together or testing said pack, may lead to something being removed if not compatible. Then the pitchforks come out and demand to know why and before you know it the riots start.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
They're damned if they do and damned if they don't with releasing modpack info, really. I'm just eagerly looking forward to Monster, and accepting that I may add in a few mods since I'm mostly playing on a small server with a friend. Then again, those mods may wind up being added in (*cough* logistics pipes) or fixed (Binnie's was having errors with Fluids apparently).

Reactions: PierceSG and Flipz
Status
Not open for further replies.