Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Like Gregtech or FlowerChild or Eloraam

This list isn't long enough. Every modders name should be on it. I don't mean that in an asshole way it's just that every modder has messed something have but fans of the mod will defend what they did for some reason they pull out of that infinite back-pocket like Wile E. Coyote or something. Blind faith is synonymous with stupidity.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
This list isn't long enough. Every modders name should be on it. I don't mean that in an asshole way it's just that every modder has messed something have but fans of the mod will defend what they did for some reason they pull out of that infinite back-pocket like Wile E. Coyote or something. Blind faith is synonymous with stupidity.

THOSE FAT CABLES IN IC1 WERE BADASS! DON'T YOU DARE SAY OTHERWISE! Rawwrrrrrr! >:C

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How a broken TiC shovel will mine dirt slower than a fist.
I once actually did that in real life - bent a shovel, tried to kep on using it with a bent head, twisted my ankle, and found that it was quicker to just use my hands. MineCraft can be so realistic sometimes!
How TiC makes you create alumite tools that you immediately throw out after 10 minutes.
You can use steel. Or a quarry.
You know you can chose to stop using updated versions of MC at anytime. It has the same effect as if they as you wished it just left it alone.
Not a practical suggestion. Updated mods are not released for older versions, bugs don't get fixed, and threads on minecraftforums.net get closed if a mod is not updated to newer versions.
That white text above the hotbar labelling the item in your active slot.
Useless Infomation --I already KNOW what I'm friggin holding- I just put it there!!!
That's a config option, and I think it's turned off by default isn't it?

My irk: lag whilst/after visiting a different age (especially Twilight Forest).

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
There is no way to get tons of Lava without the nether or spam of Magma Crucibles/Lava Fabricators.
(It will take a while to get the amount of seared bricks I need...)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Those people that mindlessly defend a modder's bad choice. Like Gregtech or FlowerChild or Eloraam. Actually, that applies for pretty much everything. Movie stars, singers, anything famous actually.

paladins or white knights, as they are called.

I know a few on this forum in regards to eloraam and greg.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There is no way to get tons of Lava without the nether or spam of Magma Crucibles/Lava Fabricators.
(It will take a while to get the amount of seared bricks I need...)
Bees? Dig down close to bedrock and find lava pools? Mystcraft worlds? Think theres tons of ways to get lava.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Bees? Dig down close to bedrock and find lava pools? Mystcraft worlds? Think theres tons of ways to get lava.
Sucking a mystcraft world is laggy as sucking the nether (Server here, So I need to take care), Bees on 1.6 are nerfed as heck, I don't see me using them in a near future, Finding Lava pools will take a while for my big project. :(

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

As one that has done the Non-Nether lava thing myself I can tell you that you will run dry really fast. Add to this pools are mostly small and a block or so deep not, not connected well, and often have irregular depths. So you will be spending a lot of time moving your pump around over and over again just to stay powered. I can point you one of my first build threads where I was using over-world lava for centrifuges I empty a couple of large pools in just a few days and had to relent to using the nether.

Reactions: matpower123

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Sucking a mystcraft world is laggy as sucking the nether (Server here, So I need to take care), Bees on 1.6 are nerfed as heck, I don't see me using them in a near future, Finding Lava pools will take a while for my big project. :(

Extra utils pump? Netherrack/blaze rods into crucible?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking