Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Magic Bee's Mysterious Magnet!
Heard whispers about it, but haven't found anything concrete about what it is and how it works. I assumed it was an effect of bees? Is it actually a portable magnet like the others?

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Heard whispers about it, but haven't found anything concrete about what it is and how it works. I assumed it was an effect of bees? Is it actually a portable magnet like the others?
It is an item that you carry in your inventory. When activated (hold in your hand and shift-rightclick) it draws all items to you in a certain radius (configurable in the config).
The Mysterious Magnet is craftable in different tiers (up to 8, but configurable in the config). Each tier requires two magnets of the tier before and gives more range. It is really really really expensive to craft them.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It is an item that you carry in your inventory. When activated (hold in your hand and shift-rightclick) it draws all items to you in a certain radius (configurable in the config).
The Mysterious Magnet is craftable in different tiers (up to 8, but configurable in the config). Each tier requires two magnets of the tier before and gives more range. It is really really really expensive to craft them.
Nice, sound a lot like Coin of fortune, but the range thing is nice. Really miss the old shift click with coin to instantly increase loot range though. Looking forward to it being added!

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, sound a lot like Coin of fortune, but the range thing is nice. Really miss the old shift click with coin to instantly increase loot range though. Looking forward to it being added!
The Mysterious Magnet was one of the reasons I upgraded from 1.5.2 to 1.6.
I'm just too lazy to collect all items myself.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Having no Coin of fortune from Xenos reliquary in 1.5.2 Unleashed. Finding Dartcrafts magnet glove as alternative! Discovering that it not only attracts loot and xp, but also Iron golems.. Ehm why? Used to use golems to guard certain areas.
You mean they still don't have Reliquary in the 1.5 packs? It's been out for months.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You mean they still don't have Reliquary in the 1.5 packs? It's been out for months.
I believe Xeno is one of those modders who are skipping 1.5. It does leave a few voids. For example without Xenos and Xycraft, theres no growth boosts for crops. Luckily dartcraft did the Magnet gloves. Without it I would have gone crazy. Cant live without a loot magnet once you gotten used to it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Xeno's has been in unleashed since 1.1.3 at the very least.
Huh? I'm running Unleashed 1.1.3 atm and there's no sign of Xenos. And none of the changelogs 1.1.3+ mentions it being added.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Xeno is one of those modders who are skipping 1.5. It does leave a few voids. For example without Xenos and Xycraft, theres no growth boosts for crops. Luckily dartcraft did the Magnet gloves. Without it I would have gone crazy. Cant live without a loot magnet once you gotten used to it.
No no, I've used Xeno's Reliquary in a 1.5 world before. I know it's out for 1.5.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Add it to the list: Not noticing a much loved mod is actually in the pack...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Huh? I'm running Unleashed 1.1.3 atm and there's no sign of Xenos. And none of the changelogs 1.1.3+ mentions it being added.

Really should pay attention to the disabled mods.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Really should pay attention to the disabled mods.
Hmm yeah, went over the list when I started using Unleashed. Guess it was added since and slipped my attention, or I just missed it on the list.
Nevertheless its added to my world now.
/cry and I have been making a lake without the Chalice..

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
I find it quite annoying when mods change their recipes from build to build, so I have to update my Patterns in the MAC when I update to a newer version of the mod.
But that's what you get when you play with experimental/dev/WIP mods.

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
something that irks me is that neither Forge nor MCP has any real competition..

Unlike Bukkit, that constantly battles against the Spout api.
Two pieces of software that keeps the other on it's toe's.
Competition is what drives improvement and quality.
Both Forge and the Minecraft Coder Pack have no competitors..but if they did?

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
something that irks me is that neither Forge nor MCP has any real competition..

Unlike Bukkit, that constantly battles against the Spout api.
Two pieces of software that keeps the other on it's toe's.
Both Forge and the Minecraft Coder Pack have no competitors..but if they did?

That's an interesting point...
It seems like Forge owns a monopoly, and a good one at that

So what would happen to the quality if they had to be even better... hm >.>

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Not necessarily. It can be but is not mutually exclusive with being "the" driving force behind improvement and quality. From what I know of those on the forge team their product would not change an ounce. They already put forth far more effort than most would if they were "competing".

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily. It can be but is not mutually exclusive with being "the" driving force behind improvement and quality. From what I know of those on the forge team their product would not change an ounce. They already put forth far more effort than most would if they were "competing".

Just to let you know, I'm not in any way "bashing" Forge or the people behind MCP by any means, they are all awesome people. But as Adonis0 said above, they have this monopoly set for them and thus, "make all the rule's", and if we don't like it, then we literally can't play with mod's because "other" is non-existent..

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let you know, I'm not in any way "bashing" Forge or the people behind MCP by any means, they are all awesome people. But as Adonis0 said above, they have this monopoly set for them and thus, "make all the rule's", and if we don't like it, then we literally can't play with mod's because "other" is non-existent..

Interesting little thought though, maybe the reason why they do have a monopoly is because nobody has a problem with their work?
Whilst they are the only option, as I understand it they're doing a great job at what they're doing

Reactions: Hoff