Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
New Update: We have decided to go with the full fix. There is a delay currently. We have the configs set up and the new mod updates tested. However we are working on finding a way to make it less likely for worlds to need resets on the DW20 pack. We are hoping to have a solution to prevent unnecessary restarts.

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
New Update: We have decided to go with the full fix. There is a delay currently. We have the configs set up and the new mod updates tested. However we are working on finding a way to make it less likely for worlds to need resets on the DW20 pack. We are hoping to have a solution to prevent unnecessary restarts.

thank you for this!

Werner Figueiredo

Jul 29, 2019
oh man, very very very very very thanks for this, take your time.

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Jaded for the update news. Considering most people were already preparing for a world reset, what are the chances of pushing out a version with a disclaimer?

Mdogmcfrog

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Jaded. Should we go ahead and make a copy of our DW20 worlds just for a safety back up. Thanks for keeping in touch by the way, nothing is worse than uninformed waiting.

chaossdragon

Jul 29, 2019
so is the full fix and 1.1.2 compatable? already wiped my world, have a new seed sitting and waiting... my server is dead in the water so to speak till the release or favorable answer to my initial question.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
You should always take a backup. Backups of backups are good too. If we were to release the DW20 fullfix this minute it would not be compatible with previous worlds. Unleashed should be (so far so good). Of course we can't guaruntee anything as random events of derpiness and acts of god can't be predicted...

Alupe

Jul 29, 2019
You should always take a backup. Backups of backups are good too. If we were to release the DW20 fullfix this minute it would not be compatible with previous worlds. Unleashed should be (so far so good). Of course we can't guaruntee anything as random events of derpiness and acts of god can't be predicted...

We appreciate what you're doing, but is there any chance you could push an update now? As a beta, not recommended pack (so it doesn't automatically download). That way people who don't mind losing their worlds can play and people who want to keep them can wait a little bit longer. Just a thought.

DrCloud

Jul 29, 2019
We appreciate what you're doing, but is there any chance you could push an update now? As a beta, not recommended pack (so it doesn't automatically download). That way people who don't mind losing their worlds can play and people who want to keep them can wait a little bit longer. Just a thought.

that would be great - cant wait to get the new server running!

traumatism

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see why it would matter much if the DW20 and Unleashed were out of sync as they are different modpacks and I don't think many people will be changing worlds between packs.
But having to restart worlds is the worst thing that can happen for servers. It causes many players to be very frustrated and having only recently restarted to move to unleashed from ultimate you can see why.

mix and match purposes. My friends and I are currently using the Unleashed mod but do use the wireless redstone from dire's pack. It would save any conflicts if people only want certain mods from each pack and dont want the hassle of conflicts occuring.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
Why wasn't it included as a non-disabled mod, then?
It changes the world pretty drastically even on its tamest settings (or completely overwrites vanilla worldgen if you want). A lot of people don't like that so it's disabled by default. Better to default off and have people that want it enable it, than to default on and have people that don't like it complain.

3ma86

Jul 29, 2019
Tnks !

Status
Not open for further replies.