Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I need help with my sticky resin manual farm from Forestry. Does it work when I plant rubber trees right next to each other, bonemeal them, cut the leaves and so on or do the trees need to be spaced somehow? I noticed that my farms (2 managed apple oak farms and 1 rubber manual farm) use very little MJs, like I left a full Redstone Energy Cell to power them all and they used a 1/3 of it over an hour... is it fine or am I doing something wrong? I import products and export fertilizer via Applied Energistics buses so they do not clog up the farm.

2nd question: How many tree farms (approximately) do I need for having a little surplus of Ethanol and running up Liquid powered High Pressure Boiler? I noticed that 2 farms struggle to keep my Solid fuled HPB running solely on Wood (it runs quite smoothly with a bit of coal though) so I decided to build another, liquid fueled one.

3rd question: I noticed that there's more and more sticks in my AE system and I wonder where do they come from? I wonder if they are sort of leftovers from auto crafting or they are quarried somehow?

Sorry for asking not so simple questions but they do bother me all the time :) Thank you in advance.

jsbed99

Jul 29, 2019
i am using the beta unleashed version. I am making a golden lasso. I have 4 gold ingot and a ender pearl and 4 string in my inventory.
I shift click the ? and it still on showing me the ghost items. Is the something in option i need to change.

The way it works for me is I go to the crafting table and right click to open. Then in NEI, with the crafting table gui still showing, I look up the recipe. Once up, and making sure I have everything, I will Shift+Click the question mark. It will put the items in to the open crafting table with the end product waiting to be pulled out.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Do I need a smeltery in order to make iron tools in TiC? I can't work out how to create iron tool parts.

You need a smeltery to make parts out of ANY metal. In order to cast metal tool parts, you'll need an appropriate metal cast. These can be made by creating the part you want out of a cheapo material like cobble, and placing the part on the smeltery casting table and pouring aluminum brass or gold around it. If you want to make a T2 part like the broad axe blade out of cobble, you'll need more than just 1 piece, depending on how many materials it says it needs when you mouse over the template.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
The way it works for me is I go to the crafting table and right click to open. Then in NEI, with the crafting table gui still showing, I look up the recipe. Once up, and making sure I have everything, I will Shift+Click the question mark. It will put the items in to the open crafting table with the end product waiting to be pulled out.
not sure what i am doing wrong then. is there a setting in nei i need to change? i am using a vanilla crafting
table also.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
You need a smeltery to make parts out of ANY metal. In order to cast metal tool parts, you'll need an appropriate metal cast. These can be made by creating the part you want out of a cheapo material like cobble, and placing the part on the smeltery casting table and pouring aluminum brass or gold around it. If you want to make a T2 part like the broad axe blade out of cobble, you'll need more than just 1 piece, depending on how many materials it says it needs when you mouse over the template.

One exception to this rule: Thaumium is still done via stencils.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

venom0213

Jul 29, 2019
Can you guys tell me what the mining technique is called where you mine all the connected ore at once? I've been trying to find out what its called. Thanks.

venom0213

Jul 29, 2019

No i saw someone on a stream a while ago mine some coal, but he collected all the coal that was connected to it instead of having to mine each block separately. Also, he later used it to mine a bunch of stone blocks but it destroyed all his pick axes.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
No i saw someone on a stream a while ago mine some coal, but he collected all the coal that was connected to it instead of having to mine each block separately. Also, he later used it to mine a bunch of stone blocks but it destroyed all his pick axes.

Wand of Equal Trade set to roses or something similar that doesn't attach to stone, and then a stack of said item. All the roses pop off, you pick them up, and the ore would already be in your inventory.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Sounds like the effects of a dark or red matter pickaxe from Equivalent Exchange 2, or something from a mod I've never heard of.

So you're saying that this person clicked on a vein of coal, and all the coal went poof at once?

What item did he have in his hand when he clicked on the coal?

Was this on a Bukkit server?

Can I use a Dropper to feed charcoal into a Generator? I tried placing it underneath with the black dot on the top, but giving it a redstone pulse does nothing.
Try placing the dropper on the top or side of the generator, or result to using some mod's item transport system. Buildcraft Pipes and Redpower Tubes are probably the most popular, but Applied Energistics Export Buses, Thaumcraft Clay Golems, Factorization Routers, Railcraft Advanced Item Unloaders, Minefactory Reloaded Conveyor Belts and Item Collectors, and ExtraUtils Transfer Nodes also work.
ComputerCraft Turtles are probably the most generally applicable item transport devices I know of (because they are fully-functional Turing-complete computers), but they require knowledge of the LUA scripting language.

If you've got a whole bunch of generators that you want to stuff with coal, Routers are the most compact solution by far. One router can take care of an indefinitely large bank of machines.

venom0213

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like the effects of a dark or red matter pickaxe from Equivalent Exchange 2, or something from a mod I've never heard of.

So you're saying that this person clicked on a vein of coal, and all the coal went poof at once?

What item did he have in his hand when he clicked on the coal?

Was this on a Bukkit server?

Um, he was holding a pickaxe and when he mined the coal, all the connecting coal that was attached to it was mined as well. I don't think it was enchanted. He had a bunch of other picks in his inventory that were all destroyed at once when he mined some stone and used the same technique. I'm also not sure if it was a bukkit server, sorry.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Um, he was holding a pickaxe and when he mined the coal, all the connecting coal that was attached to it was mined as well. I don't think it was enchanted. He had a bunch of other picks in his inventory that were all destroyed at once when he mined some stone and used the same technique. I'm also not sure if it was a bukkit server, sorry.
When I read your previous description, it sounded a bit like TreeCapitator, which is a Bukkit plugin.

You said you saw this on a stream; the person recording the stream is probably the most likely to know the name of the mod in question.

Although, someone on this forum might recognize the name of this streamer, and produce an answer. Who did you see do this?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i am using unleashed beta pack. I normally make a water mill set up for early eu power.
Using deployer and buckets, but it needs a timer to work. Is there a way I can use
something from another mod to pulse the deployer?

venom0213

Jul 29, 2019
When I read your previous description, it sounded a bit like TreeCapitator, which is a Bukkit plugin.

You said you saw this on a stream; the person recording the stream is probably the most likely to know the name of the mod in question.

Although, someone on this forum might recognize the name of this streamer, and produce an answer. Who did you see do this?

Haha, well unfortunately I just happened to click on the minecraft section on Twitch one night. This was quite a few weeks ago now so I have zero recollection. I do remember him having mining bags though, or at least some type of bag. Not sure if that helps at all.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
i am using unleashed beta pack. I normally make a water mill set up for early eu power.
Using deployer and buckets, but it needs a timer to work. Is there a way I can use
something from another mod to pulse the deployer?
ExtraUtils adds a redstone timer block that does nothing other than silently produce a redstone pulse every second.

Alternatively, you could use a Programmable Rednet Controller from Minefactory Reloaded or a vanilla redstone clock as a timer.

For filling buckets, you could use an Aqueous Accumulator and Liquid Transposer, both from Thermal Expansion, although the Transposer does require Buildcraft power to operate.

Edit:
Haha, well unfortunately I just happened to click on the minecraft section on Twitch one night. This was quite a few weeks ago now so I have zero recollection. I do remember him having mining bags though, or at least some type of bag. Not sure if that helps at all.
Some type of bag...
-Forestry backpack.
-Enderpouch.
-Factorization Bag of Holding.
-ExtraUtils Golden Bag of Holding.
-Redpower Canvas Bag.
-EE2 Alchemy Bag.
-Tinker's Construct Knapsack.

None of those mods, save EE2, have any item that would do what you describe. EE2's tools, however, wouldn't consume pickaxes, so that's out as well.

I'm probably not the right person to be answering, as I've never seen this particular thing happen before. I'd suggest seeing if he who wrote TreeCapitator has any other mods, or, failing that, poking around the Bukkit forum/wiki/whatever.