The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riboflavin

Jul 29, 2019
a
*tested* sounds stupid, but the strongest weapon is a broadsword (more dura and base dmg than the rest) is made of:

green slime head
cactus binding
many rod
diamond
emerald
electric modifier
2 free modifiers
=21 hearts of dmg (+3 with nether quarz)

i'm sure not many will believe me, until they try ;) also, grass frenzy!!!!!!!111

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly. I made a broadsword with a green slime head, cactus wide guard, many rod and added a diamond and an emerald to get it to 7500 dura. Then I got it down to 1/7500 but it only does 4.5 hearts of dmg?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I am not understanding this correctly. I made a broadsword with a green slime head, cactus wide guard, many rod and added a diamond and an emerald to get it to 7500 dura. Then I got it down to 1/7500 but it only does 4.5 hearts of dmg?

Because the way the durability things work now. Before the damage from spiny and speed from stonebound had no cap - the only limit was the durability. This was changed and it caps out at around 400 dur for t1 tools such as the rapier, broadsword, and longsword.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely a many head, cactus binding, and many rod. Can't say much since I haven't mucked around with the weapons. I know in the latest dev versions though there are bows and you can use Thaumium.

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
Well, here's my fav. TC pick and sword:

Cobalt head
Paper binding
Manyulln rod

Speed
Moss
Silky
Emerald

Manyulln blade
Paper wide guard
Manyulln rod

Sharpness
Moss
Fiery
Emerald

Cobalt head
Paper binding
Manyulln rod

Moss
Speed
Lapis
Emerald

2 great picks and 5.5 heart damage sword.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think he has added any uses for it yet. At aone point you could make liquid emerald from smelting villagers but it looks like he's removing that. I wouldn't doubt it if there will be some uses for blood (possibly powering the golem?) but it seems he's more focused on bows and the drawbridges right now.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think he has added any uses for it yet. At aone point you could make liquid emerald from smelting villagers but it looks like he's removing that. I wouldn't doubt it if there will be some uses for blood (possibly powering the golem?) but it seems he's more focused on bows and the drawbridges right now.

poor jaded, she'd love that function. then again, she sures loves her tasty villager-meat right now

Reactions: PeggleFrank

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I just made some of the new items in TC. Namely the hammer and excavator. They are so very nice. I made some simple ones out of stone and wood, and it took no time at all to dig down to y level 50 for my base. It's great for making 3x3 tunnels. I just took the TC table with me and repaired the tool as needed. With the speed of mining using this, no need for branch mining. You can clear whole areas. Mate this with a silky jewel, and it would be the perfect companion to GT.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I think I said this is another thread, not sure though. For a starter hammer go with wooden handle, stone head, and flint plates. Flint can easily be gotten and you only need 16. It has stonebound 2 instead of 1 and adds more dur and speed than cobble, but isn't as easily replaced. As you use the hammer it gets around mining speed 8 or so (probably higher, unsure). And yes, silky is a godsend. I'm waiting to get at least steel before setting silky on my hammer though, so I have it on a bronze-headed pick since I got a bronze head from a village chest.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to know the precise effects of tool parts on a tool?

For example, what effect does plates have on a hammer? Does material abilities get transferred if the piece is a bindong or a rod? etc

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
By mix and matching. The rule of thumb mDiyo came up with is if it costs 8 pieces it's a "head" and if it costs 3 it's a "rod." Material bonuses are added no matter the piece, so obsidian bindings will give reinforced 3, for example. As I mentioned earlier (probably in a diff thread though): Heads determine what can be mined, mining speed, and base durability. Plates determine base durability and mining speed. Rods determine durability modifier. Unsure about bindings but I think they work similar to rods in determining the modifier. This is why for a hammer you'll want a slime rod, but not slime plates. While the slime plates will add a massive amount of durability it will also slow down mining speed since the hammer's mining speed is determined by two plates and a head (seems to be the average between the three).

Edit: Also http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-15xtinkers-construct/page__st__3760#entry23311057

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I use the LSword to quad jump ;) Don't underestimate the quad jump function, even though you do take 1/2 heart afterwards :p.

Mine (purpose is to be able to 1HKO the average mob, sprinting ofc):

Man / Paper / Man

(In order, for aesthetics): Electric, Looting, Quartz, Quartz, Quartz, Emerald

The Vorpal Blade, Cleaver:

(Not Manyllum, since thats just plain expensive for a Cleaver):

Iron / Paper / Iron

Beheading, Beheading, Beheading, Beheading, Beheading, Beheading.

Used this to get the skulls for first wither fight. Back then it was 1 Beheading less, for a 45% chance at a skull. Now it's 60%. gonna rebuild this using a paper rod instead of iron to get 96%! Damage isn't much, but that's what the LSword is for ;). If you wanna be serious, make it a Fullpaper Cleaver, for a 125% at a head, though that's kind of ridiculous IMO.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Manyullyn tool rod.

Alumite pickaxe head.

Paper binding.

One moss, four redstone, lapis.

Simple but effective. I have no idea what any of the different materials do (except that I know that manyullyn is the best for tool rods (I think) so I just slapped them together.

Also, a paper rapier. One moss-EU upgrade (either one will work), with a bunch of quartz on it. One shot kill if you do a critical strike on a player, full quantum or not.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the 2 week old necro, but I had some stuff to add about bows. Copied from my thread asking questions about TC:

So I played around with shortbows a bit in creative. It seems like higher durability = worse draw speed and better arrow speed. I also noticed you can make an enchanted bowstring with Enchanted Fabric from thaumcraft. It has better slightly draw speed, slightly worse arrow speed, and 1 extra modifier. With that in mind, it seems like a shortbow made from 1 paper rod, 1 cactus rod, and 1 enchanted bowstring is the best option.

For modifiers, I'd go with knockback and damage probably. Boring, but effective.

As for arrows, I'm still not quite clear on what's the best. Slime seems to be the most lightweight without impacting accuracy. The default feather fletching seems to be the most effective, as the others just seem to add weight or decrease accuracy. As for arrowheads, steel seems to be the best balance between damage and weight, but cactus is a nice cheap option.

I haven't tried messing around with modifiers on arrows, but it doesn't really seem too worth it yet.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to know the precise effects of tool parts on a tool?

For example, what effect does plates have on a hammer? Does material abilities get transferred if the piece is a bindong or a rod? etc
I did some maths on this and experimented a while back. Now, it might have changed and I might have missed something. Here is the post.

"- Durability seems to be the (toolhead plus large plates) multiplied by (arbitrary number) multiplied by (average of binding and rod handle modifiers).
- Speed seems to be average of toolhead and large plates, mining level seems to be based on toolhead only, and abilities are gained from each single piece applied.
Note that for the large tools, the handle modifier of the binding affects durability, contrary to how it works on small tools.
For the hammer the (arbitrary number) is 3, for the lumber axe the (arbitrary number) is 2.8. Haven't checked others apart from that."