The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, the new tools in the dev version :X I guess the next thing would be how to overcome the mining fatigue.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
What's this piston thing? If it lets you push a block, that would be awesome as I've wanted that for a while.
A way to get beheading finally is great. (I'm looking at you, Vorpal)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Piston is knockback on a weapon. You can also get bane of arthropods by using a fermented spider eye. In the latest dev versions the modifiers should be added to the books and should have textures on the tools, but I haven't tried it just yet myself.

Also, the only thing I don't like about the hammer is to avoid breaking quartz you'd need to make a wooden hammer, but once you make a good hammer with fortune on it it's no longer an issue.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Piston is knockback on a weapon. You can also get bane of arthropods by using a fermented spider eye. In the latest dev versions the modifiers should be added to the books and should have textures on the tools, but I haven't tried it just yet myself.

Also, the only thing I don't like about the hammer is to avoid breaking quartz you'd need to make a wooden hammer, but once you make a good hammer with fortune on it it's no longer an issue.

Kinda nifty...
But I still want some kind of tool which acts like a piston, because there are times when I want to push a bunch of blocks and don't want to go through the rigmarole of placing a piston, activating it, and then removing it.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I should note, for those not keeping up with the changelog, that stonebound was nerfed to having its maximum effect when 400 dur has been used for the dev versions.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I should note, for those not keeping up with the changelog, that stonebound was nerfed to having its maximum effect when 400 dur has been used for the dev versions.

Finally. Fortunately I dug my 1 km railway tunel before the nerf with instamine hammer. While I was a huge fan of stonebound mechanics, it completely overshadows other things. Now it got a lot more interesting, making cobalt and redstone actually useful (I considered making beacon out of cobalt).

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair it would be completely and utterly overpowered with hammers where you can get upwards of 60k durability using manyllyn and green slime parts and an emerald. Instant mine on cobble is one thing, but I would think that could possibly instantly mine those reinforced iridium blocks or w/e they were that takes a diamond pickaxes 10 seconds to harvest.

Edit: AND hammers were nerfed.

tonic316

Jul 29, 2019
So i got the FTB beta pack with gregtech however my tinkers construct does nothing when i put iron for a tool. It shows off to the right what iron does when using it for say the pick axe head but there is nothing clickable in the box.

Any ideas why? Wood and Stone work just fine.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
And to get a metal mold you can use either aluminum brass or gold and pour it onto a wooden stencil or a part made with a stencil.

Also, that particular thing has been mentioned endlessly on the TC thread on the minecraft forums even though it's in bold on the first post.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad I kept some of my manyllium in TC tanks rather than turning it all into ingots. Because that would have been really inconvenient.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
When you pipe any of the liquid metals around, they all appear Red - or why are there Red versions if all the liquid metals, separate from their coloured counterparts for placing in the world.

Should probably test that.

The molten metals all seem to behave the same, basically lava but worse (I think) damage wise (worse meaning its even faster death than lava).
They also flow EXTREMELY slowly.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
When you pipe any of the liquid metals around, they all appear Red - or why are there Red versions if all the liquid metals, separate from their coloured counterparts for placing in the world.

Should probably test that.

The molten metals all seem to behave the same, basically lava but worse (I think) damage wise (worse meaning its even faster death than lava).
They also flow EXTREMELY slowly.

I'm not sure that they flow at all. I had some liquid gold sitting in my entrance for ages...

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Well I definately had some flowing - I had two of them, different metals, and unlike lava and everything else, there was no set "reaction".

The two of them just kept overlapping and taking control of the one block, and twisting and turning.

It is quite slow, it helps to make them drop a few blocks and they may flow where they land.
Also block updates.

The two liquids "war" I'm guessing could get very laggy on a larger scale.

Edit - sure on ways base thing, where he has the flowing liquids, one of them (brown one that looks like really bad curry) is actually liquid alumite or bronze or something.

I tried walking in it, not realising what it was...