IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It wouldn't be the first (I'm looking at you, Calclavia, Azanor, and Pahimar).
Well, if I remember correctly, Pahimar took up EE after Xenophobe quit development, or somesuch. That, and the DynEMC thing sounds absolutely fucking AMAZING. Pahimar's a freakin genius.

Reactions: Pokefenn

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Well, if I remember correctly, Pahimar took up EE after Xenophobe quit development, or somesuch. That, and the DynEMC thing sounds absolutely fucking AMAZING. Pahimar's a freakin genius.
Yeah, I didn't mean it as a bad thing. IC2 is different in that there are lots of mods that build on it, but that doesn't stop Mojang from changing things. But if none of them want to mix things up, then that's fine. IC2 is stable. No need to change anything.

Except they should fix generators so they only burn a piece of fuel when they have the spare storage for the energy from it.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I didn't mean it as a bad thing. IC2 is different in that there are lots of mods that build on it, but that doesn't stop Mojang from changing things. But if none of them want to mix things up, then that's fine. IC2 is stable. No need to change anything.

Except they should fix generators so they only burn a piece of fuel when they have the spare storage for the energy from it.
i, personally, would like a complete revamp of IC2 power generation, because lack of mid-tier EU producer and exponential EU consumption really annoys me.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
i, personally, would like a complete revamp of IC2 power generation, because lack of mid-tier EU producer and exponential EU consumption really annoys me.

This, this, so much this.

Luckilly, I has UE now. Hullo tharrr mr. fission reacterrr.

You guys might not know, BUT, over the next few drops, atomic science should be balance razor edge perfectly for BC/IC/RC packs, it's starting to get REALLY hard to pass up on.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019

You guys might not know, BUT, over the next few drops, atomic science should be balance razor edge perfectly for BC/IC/RC packs, it's starting to get REALLY hard to pass up on.
yup. from design standpoint UE mods are simply better than IC2, unless something will change.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
And the other thing is, U.E mods power generation methods are ALOT more fun to setup, from someone who has been a ic2 fanboy for a very long time, after looking at some of the power generation, i suddenly moved all my generation to U.E.
I still love IC2, but as lots of other people have said, it really needs to have a revamp ;_;

Reactions: Loufmier

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I've always preferred BuildCraft power production, myself. Might take up a bit more space and a few more resources, but I've always liked how an engine room looks. Though, I might give UE and some of its constituent mods a try...anyone got any UE addons they'd recommend for the 1.5.2 WGT beta pack?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I've always preferred BuildCraft power production, myself. Might take up a bit more space and a few more resources, but I've always liked how an engine room looks. Though, I might give UE and some of its constituent mods a try...anyone got any UE addons they'd recommend for the 1.5.2 WGT beta pack?
i`d recommend all of them, even though i`m not familiar with all of them, but mekanism and atomic science you should definitely try.
although biotech is completely unplayable in its current state.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

From what ive used, Mekanism along with Atomic Science are must haves, they add new ways to create power and to use them ^^.
Oh, and the MMFS 3 is also INCREDIBLE.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
From what ive used, Mekanism along with Atomic Science are must haves, they add new ways to create power and to use them ^^.

OH man. I've only tested it once for a very short time when I needed to move one of my bigger builds. but it's a definitive "will use" now.

Calclavia

Jul 29, 2019

Glad you guys like my mods :) In UE we strive to be universal, compatible with all major power systems.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you guys like my mods :) In UE we strive to be universal, compatible with all major power systems.

It took a long time for me to try them, i was to bias in the past ^^
Still love seeing these random visits by modders :D
(Typing this while setting up loads of fission reactors inside of a MFFS forcefield!)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The main issue with UE at the moment is that it doesn't yet play nice with non-UE mods, but it's rapidly improving there.

Calclavia

Jul 29, 2019
It took a long time for me to try them, i was to bias in the past ^^
Still love seeing these random visits by modders :D
(Typing this while setting up loads of fission reactors inside of a MFFS forcefield!)

Somehow I got notified by the FTB forum for this thread via email :p
The main issue with UE at the moment is that it doesn't yet play nice with non-UE mods, but it's rapidly improving there.
We're working on updating to MC 1.6 right now and UE 2.0 will bring out more compatibility with other mods, especially making all electrical devices universal.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't just universal compatibility that's the issue at hand, it's also that on occasion the UE suite fundamentally breaks the balance of other non-UE mods and vice-versa and we have no way to correct that. :(

It makes it very difficult to integrate UE with larger modpacks and it'd be nice to have that option. Once again though, it used to be much, much worse than it is now.

Calclavia

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't just universal compatibility that's the issue at hand, it's also that on occasion the UE suite fundamentally breaks the balance of other non-UE mods and vice-versa and we have no way to correct that. :(

It makes it very difficult to integrate UE with larger modpacks and it'd be nice to have that option. Once again though, it used to be much, much worse than it is now.

You can always throw us specific suggestions in terms of balance on Github issues. What's too OP and what needs to be buffed. For devs that's fairly easy to tweak. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It's quite the extensive list, so I'll probably need to compile something more substantial as a reference. :)

UE's balance is fairly solid internally, as are the "standard" Forge mods - it's when you put them together that shenanigans begin as they run on different paradigms. Config options would work here as well as direct numbers passes.

It's AtomSci and Mekanism that are the worst offenders so far based on testing, although they're a lot closer now than they ever were.