King Slime?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on the 1.5.2 NGT pack and I was mining around on a boss health bar came up on my HUD. I couldn't actually locate said King Slime anywhere - just wondering if anyone knew what mod added this? And maybe a bit of info about it?

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Its from tinkers construct. When you kill him it drops the king slime pick axe. Pretty cool pick axe. I found him on the surface of the world in water. It was kinda hard to find him. Just a giant slime to kill.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Also he has a 10% chance to drop those heart things which you need to make heart containers which increase your max health.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
from what i've heard its not just king slime pick, it's a king slime version of any TC tool. i may be wrong though

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
King slime, heart containers? This sounds like terraria

Or Maplestory. Maplestory would've been such a good game were it not an MMO. Every game would be good if it weren't an MMO. Like how I was really excited for SWTOR. Then it was an MMO. :'c

Reactions: Katrinya

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Heart containers... Do they spawn in a chest and play the Zelda music when opened? ;-) Where is my big key?

:D no they don't.

But you can wear the armor from dart craft and pretend you're raising the hearts above your head when you find one :D.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
I actually encountered him yesterday also. I was wondering what the hell's going on the minute the health bar came up on my screen.

He dropped a King Slime Chisel as well as a ton of xp - I went from level 22 to 32. Sadly no heart containers. :[

How does he spawn? Is it randomly, or is there something you can do to trigger it? I now must collect all King Slime tools!

Pictures if anyone's interested:

2ywhd83.png

2n1hs85.png

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
There's just a slim chance that a king slime spawns instead of a blue slime.

Areas with high slime spawn rates are great for this. Of note are pocket dimensions (if you the dig the whole thing out and replace FoR with something that doesn't give off light) and for those that don't have dimensional doors, mushroom islands. Or any other biome which doesn't have hostile spawns. Blue slimes have a tendency to spawn EVERYWHERE. Heaven(promised land) or hell, pocket dimension or outer space, THEY ... ARE... EVERYWHERE.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
One spawned very close to my new cave on a new world I started, it's bloody massive and kicked me right back into my cave, got it the second time around tho. It dropped a pickaxe and a heart which I had no idea what it was for, but I do now reading this thread.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
One spawned very close to my new cave on a new world I started, it's bloody massive and kicked me right back into my cave, got it the second time around tho. It dropped a pickaxe and a heart which I had no idea what it was for, but I do now reading this thread.
Yeah, the heart containers are great, I very nearly got my forcefield protected ass handed to me by two arse magicka mages, the only reason why I survived the sudden ambush was the three extra hearts I now have.

I get extremelly pissed orf everytime this happens, you don't expect a mechanic suit whizzing with raw electric power and crackling with forcefields you spent half a barrel of iron on to just pick its metaphorical nose while you're screaming in agony.

Needles to say, I considered nuking the spot to clean the taint of magic off of it, but it also happened to be the spot where I'm building, so I thought better of it.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I got a king slime battlesign off the one I saw, managed to catch it on film (but had my headset off) if anyone wanted to see one (it's not that exciting just a big slime).

First few seconds of this vid