1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

King Slime?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Virgoddess, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Phantom27

Phantom27 New Member

They do, don't they? I built a small temporary base in a mystcraft age to use for thaumcraft (so I can go crazy without having to worry about flux) and they are spawning inside the building. So annoying. I guess they are not affected by light levels, just like regular slimes, which means I'll have to use slabs. They don't even drop anything good - gelatinous slime balls are just an inferior version of regular slime balls. But if I can get some goodies off of King Slime, then it's worth it. I'm now considering making a mystcraft age designed to be ideal for slime spawning. Hmm...

2. Poppycocks

Poppycocks New Member

Ah, that's the one good thing, they are affected by light.

Watch out of creeper jockey slimes by the way.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they were made to just pick jockeys up instead of spawning like that. I'm already fearing the blue slime tower of death.

3. b0bst3r

b0bst3r New Member

Creeper jockeys on slimes are funny, just let the creeper explode and the slime gets it....

Bevo likes this.
  4. RandomMoped

RandomMoped Popular Member

someone needs to make a mod like this that gives dungeons special chests with cool swords and such that play that when you open it

it could even have a cool 3rd person animation of you opening it

5. Redweevil

Redweevil New Member

I found a frying pan off a King Slime. Deals very little damage, looks like it gives an effect but doesnt and makes an incredibly obnoxious clanging sound. 10/10 best weapon in the game

PeggleFrank likes this.
  6. Riuga

Riuga New Member

First thing that came into my mind: Terraria

2nd thing: MapleGrindFestStory

Extra Health? cant wait for 1.5

7. Poppycocks

Poppycocks New Member

Time to build a mobgrinder using tool dynamism plates and king slime pans :D.

8. Phantom27

Phantom27 New Member

Turns out it's not just King Slime that drops hearts, I got two of them from regular blue slimes. And no, I wasn't that incredibly lucky, I just happened to have killed a LOT of slimes.

Perhaps King Slime just has a higher chance of dropping them?

9. Poppycocks

Poppycocks New Member

'S what I'm thinkin'.

10. Rishenda

Rishenda New Member

I have a Peaceful table set up and it had a King Slime Broadsword in it.

11. Daemonblue

Daemonblue New Member

IIRC I killed a zombie once and it gave a heart, but I could be remembering it wrong. I know for certain though that's it's not just king slimes AND you can sometimes get them from chests (saw one in a TC3 chest with the wisp spawner).

12. Kami

Kami New Member

I know this is a week old, but I just fought him today too, got a King Slime Broadsword. Has same Heart Damage as my Manyullyn bladed Ardite handled broadsword but the durability is almost 1/2. Very good items if you kill him before you get to cobolt/ardite. I've also found plenty of hearts in Mineshafts/dungeons.

Here's a pic of the extra hearts:
    [​IMG]
    Don't mind the blue on the right side, that's a swiftness potion effect from the dex cape of the Aether 2.

13. Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder New Member

I've had 3 or 4 hearts from thaumcraft barrow dungeons, one from a king slime and 1 or 2 random mob drops. Currently sitting at 16 hearts.

14. Poppycocks

Poppycocks New Member

Hm, I just caught one into a safari net and made 40 or so hearts.

15. Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder New Member

heh, mods gone wild

16. Poppycocks

Poppycocks New Member

Well, wouldn't do it if the damn hearts weren't so incredibly useful, cause every other mod nowadays thinks it's okay to completely ignore your armor.

17. Greyed

Greyed New Member

I am disappointed in Tinker's for adding this in. We all know there's one King o' Minecraft and his name is LEMMING! Grrrr.

18. FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3 New Member

[​IMG]??? How the hell did you get the red hearts ontop of your armour bar

19. Daemonblue

Daemonblue New Member

Those are the heart containers added by Tinker's Construct. You can have 10 in a stack.

Edit: See this thread .

20. aaninja64

aaninja64 New Member

What? No Ninja Suit? I'm disappointed.