King Slime?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
There's just a slim chance that a king slime spawns instead of a blue slime.

Areas with high slime spawn rates are great for this. Of note are pocket dimensions (if you the dig the whole thing out and replace FoR with something that doesn't give off light) and for those that don't have dimensional doors, mushroom islands. Or any other biome which doesn't have hostile spawns. Blue slimes have a tendency to spawn EVERYWHERE. Heaven(promised land) or hell, pocket dimension or outer space, THEY ... ARE... EVERYWHERE.

They do, don't they? I built a small temporary base in a mystcraft age to use for thaumcraft (so I can go crazy without having to worry about flux) and they are spawning inside the building. So annoying. I guess they are not affected by light levels, just like regular slimes, which means I'll have to use slabs. They don't even drop anything good - gelatinous slime balls are just an inferior version of regular slime balls. But if I can get some goodies off of King Slime, then it's worth it. I'm now considering making a mystcraft age designed to be ideal for slime spawning. Hmm...

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
They do, don't they? I built a small temporary base in a mystcraft age to use for thaumcraft (so I can go crazy without having to worry about flux) and they are spawning inside the building. So annoying. I guess they are not affected by light levels, just like regular slimes, which means I'll have to use slabs. They don't even drop anything good - gelatinous slime balls are just an inferior version of regular slime balls. But if I can get some goodies off of King Slime, then it's worth it. I'm now considering making a mystcraft age designed to be ideal for slime spawning. Hmm...
Ah, that's the one good thing, they are affected by light.

Watch out of creeper jockey slimes by the way.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they were made to just pick jockeys up instead of spawning like that. I'm already fearing the blue slime tower of death.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper jockeys on slimes are funny, just let the creeper explode and the slime gets it....

Reactions: Bevo

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
I found a frying pan off a King Slime. Deals very little damage, looks like it gives an effect but doesnt and makes an incredibly obnoxious clanging sound. 10/10 best weapon in the game

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
First thing that came into my mind: Terraria

2nd thing: MapleGrindFestStory

Extra Health? cant wait for 1.5

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I found a frying pan off a King Slime. Deals very little damage, looks like it gives an effect but doesnt and makes an incredibly obnoxious clanging sound. 10/10 best weapon in the game
Time to build a mobgrinder using tool dynamism plates and king slime pans :D.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out it's not just King Slime that drops hearts, I got two of them from regular blue slimes. And no, I wasn't that incredibly lucky, I just happened to have killed a LOT of slimes.

Perhaps King Slime just has a higher chance of dropping them?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out it's not just King Slime that drops hearts, I got two of them from regular blue slimes. And no, I wasn't that incredibly lucky, I just happened to have killed a LOT of slimes.

Perhaps King Slime just has a higher chance of dropping them?

'S what I'm thinkin'.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC I killed a zombie once and it gave a heart, but I could be remembering it wrong. I know for certain though that's it's not just king slimes AND you can sometimes get them from chests (saw one in a TC3 chest with the wisp spawner).

Kami

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is a week old, but I just fought him today too, got a King Slime Broadsword. Has same Heart Damage as my Manyullyn bladed Ardite handled broadsword but the durability is almost 1/2. Very good items if you kill him before you get to cobolt/ardite. I've also found plenty of hearts in Mineshafts/dungeons.

Here's a pic of the extra hearts:
2013-06-20_225555_zpsb7db82ef.png
Don't mind the blue on the right side, that's a swiftness potion effect from the dex cape of the Aether 2.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I've had 3 or 4 hearts from thaumcraft barrow dungeons, one from a king slime and 1 or 2 random mob drops. Currently sitting at 16 hearts.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I am disappointed in Tinker's for adding this in. We all know there's one King o' Minecraft and his name is LEMMING! Grrrr.