Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Of course I didn't say that.
Just making sure. In that case yes; it doesn't show up until after you change the location. If I change it back to automatic; strangely 0.5 disappears.

Ignore me: It's now working as it should. But last night; that's how I had to fix it.

hunter103

Jul 29, 2019
Good news everyone! You are now reading this in the voice of Professor Farnsworth!

After a bit of waiting, 0.5 is now go. You should start seeing 0.5 appearing now in your launcher, and we will push it up to recommended after some feedback. You might also notice the server download works as well :)

Now, there has been more than a few 'tweaks' done behind the scenes, and I am *very* doubtful that a 0.4 world will function in this pack. Tis the nature of the beta beast I'm afraid. I am confident that we are close to a stable release though.

I would also like to take this moment to thank all the mod developers who dedicate so much time and effort into these mods. My hat is off to you.

A full changelog you say?

Code:
Forge                    7.8.0.712
CodeChickenCore          0.8.6.15
CoFHCore                1.5.2.2
denLib                  3.0.14
InvTweaks                1.55.b31
NotEnoughItems          1.5.2.25
PowerCrystalsCore        1.1.6.108
AdvancedSolarPanels      3.3.7
AppliedEnergistics      rv10-n
BiblioCraft              1.3.1
BuildCraft              3.6.0
ChickenChunks            1.3.2.11
CompactSolars            4.1.6.37
ComputerCraft            1.53
DartCraft                0.1.16 (Note: Only in the NGT Pack)
EE3                      pre1h-16
EnderStorage            1.4.2.11
ExtraUtils              0.2.3a
Factorization            0.7.37
Forestry                2.2.6.3
GravityGun              1.5.1
GregTech                3.07c (Note: Only in the WGT Pack)
iChunUtil                1.0.1
IndustrialCraft2        1.115.341-lf
IronChest                5.2.6.430
MagicBees                2.0.0
MineFactoryReloaded      2.6.2b1-916
MiscPeripherals          3.3c
ModularForcefieldSystem  2.3.0.1.15
ModularPowerSuits        0.7.0-531
Mystcraft                0.10.4.00
Natura                  2.1rc1
NEIAddons                1.7.r20
NEIPlugins              1.0.9.2
ObsidiPlates            1.5.0.13
OmniTools                3.1.4.0
OpenCCSensors            1.5.2.0
PluginsForForestry      3.0.16
PortalGun                1.5.2
RailCraft                7.2.1.0
SoulShards              1.0.34
StevesCarts              2.0.0.a118
ThaumCraft              3.0.5e
ThaumicTinkerer          1.0.5
ThermalExpansion        2.4.3.0
TinkersConstruct        1.3.4.6
TwilightForest          1.18.1
VoxelMap                1.5.2.u80

I know I probably should know this, but which is 0.5? Is that part of ultimate, or beta, or a private pack, or what?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Beta, it's the only one that's sub v1, and it is a private pack. Wyld seems to be the one handling the configs and announcements regarding the beta packs so when he mentions a pack update it will most likely be the betas.

Edit: Anyone else using BoP notice Sorceress bees spawn way too much in savannahs? In a 3x3 chunk area I saw 10 hives -_-

GalaEnitan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else using BoP notice Sorceress bees spawn way too much in savannahs? In a 3x3 chunk area I saw 10 hives -_-

Those new beehives spawn everywhere >> go into a desert and found like 50 of them sorceress hives and like 10 regular desert hives

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Wyld (or anyone else ofc), any chance you could make a new post regarding the beta pack so the info (how to access it etc) is in the main body of the post at the top of each page (with possible update edits into the same post?), quite a few posts here are regarding missed information from x pages back. I am getting asked on every video I put out how to get the pack, I'm sure people must look at this thread but no direct info about the pack in the main post and 52 pages of posts to check through (admittedly 1 or 2 back from this final page should find you the info as it keeps being repeated) makes getting involved a bit trickier than it need be, imo.

Thanks for the pack, really enjoying it, btw anyone tried mystcraft yet? I can't seem to make linking or descriptive books (going to go look in the bugs thread right now (which could also be linked in the main post)) Issue resolved thnaks to reply by Trunks

Reactions: QueWhat

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having problems in the No GregTech pack with Villages spawning?

I have gone into creative mode any flown around in about 5 worlds for at least 5 minutes each and have found no villages at all.
I have added biomes o plenty, but I have checked the configs and they are all fine.

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same issues?

Olivj

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know about NoGregTech pack but I have villages with WithGregTech pack and Bo'P.

I came accros some special water lakes but I don't know from which mod they come...
Poisonous water in a cave that give poison and hunger debuffs and at the surface a lake that give life and food regen.
Anyone knows where that come from?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know about NoGregTech pack but I have villages with WithGregTech pack and Bo'P.

I came accros some special water lakes but I don't know from which mod they come...
Poisonous water in a cave that give poison and hunger debuffs and at the surface a lake that give life and food regen.

Tekkit wiki says its minefactory reloaded, http://tekkitlite.wikia.com/wiki/Sludge - thats blue, and sewerage is kinda well, poop brown water ... so if thats what youre stepping in, according to the wiki some of the machines in MFR produce these things and you have to ... dispose of them.

Olivj

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was something else, I don't have any machine actually that could have produced that.
It was a small natural pool deep around level 12. I took some in a bucket and it was called something like "poisonous water".

EDIT: I have found what was the regenerating water I found, it is from Biomes o'Plenty:
Hot Springs
Lots of natural hot springs surrounded by a pine and spruce forest. Spring water gives the Regeneration effect, which heals players, as well as a new Nourishment effect, which restores hunger.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the pack, really enjoying it, btw anyone tried mystcraft yet? I can't seem to make linking or descriptive books (going to go look in the bugs thread right now (which could also be linked in the main post))

You need to make a ink mixer and use those to craft linking panels. You can use various different objects to apply effects to you books - gunpower for disarming, ender pearls for intralinking etc. Note that it's a chance effect not an automatic one.

Linking panel + leather = linking book, descriptive books are crafted as normal, but the first 'page' must be a linking panel.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
You need to make a ink mixer and use those to craft linking panels. You can use various different objects to apply effects to you books - gunpower for disarming, ender pearls for intralinking etc. Note that it's a chance effect not an automatic one.

Linking panel + leather = linking book, descriptive books are crafted as normal, but the first 'page' must be a linking panel.

Ah damn foolish of me to first think bug before thinking feature change. I did look at the wiki but at an outdated page that had the old (0.9.4) stuff and what I though was the current stuff, I now see after 0.10.4 stuff. Thanks Trunks :)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019

Both water types are BoP. Poisonous water is found abundantly in the ominous woods biome and spring water is found abundantly in the hot springs biome. Also, beware of poison ivy hiding with the normal growing grass. And then there are death blooms that give you the wither effect.

Reactions: Olivj

LittleDan45

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I'm getting lag spikes with the server. Every time a lag spike comes up the log says running out of memory or did the time change. Any ideas?

Astfgl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, 0.5 is awesome, and managed to get BoP in mine working fine, just reporting a slight rendering bug when using ghostwood doors, as they are slightly transparent they are awesome but certain blocks/entities don't render behind them

Status
Not open for further replies.