Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulalala

Jul 29, 2019
So my ftb won't update to version 1.4.7. instead it has stayed on 1.0.1.

anyone have any suggestions as to what to do??

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
So my ftb won't update to version 1.4.7. instead it has stayed on 1.0.1.

anyone have any suggestions as to what to do??
No, given you are either a troll or don't quite understand something. Point is, don't be worried about that :) 1.4.7 is the Minecraft version 1.0.1 runs on.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
this has got to be the most frustrating waiting period i have ever endured. IT HAS LITERALLY BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE 1.5 . It has been this long and we are still waiting for those lazy mod developers to finish their dang product. I can understand 1 dang month, but 60+ days. come on! You can buy minecraft, beat the game, start a new world, beat it too, then start a ftb world, then beat it, and still have a forever and half of time remaining. I am not angry at the guys that make FORESTRY or BUILDCRAFT or THAUMCRAFT, but more at guys that make INDUSTRIALCRAFT AND XYCRAFT. I can understand RP2. We won't go there. But really, me and I am pretty sure 10s upon thousands have been waiting since the original spoiler for April 22nd. I did read the disclaimer that was put out at least half a dang month later. But seriously mod peoples, stop wasting everyones time. I also feel horrible for all the server owners that shutdown their servers 1 month ago expecting the update. I couldn't imagine how crappy they feel for all their server members. But finally, just wow. I am really dissapointed at mod makers all around and Slow for not communicating to them. If you hate me for writing this, go jump off a bridge and enter the real world. *This post is not a troll
-Congo

simon48xbox

Jul 29, 2019
this has got to be the most frustrating waiting period i have ever endured. IT HAS LITERALLY BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE 1.5 . It has been this long and we are still waiting for those lazy mod developers to finish their dang product. I can understand 1 dang month, but 60+ days. come on! You can buy minecraft, beat the game, start a new world, beat it too, then start a ftb world, then beat it, and still have a forever and half of time remaining. I am not angry at the guys that make FORESTRY or BUILDCRAFT or THAUMCRAFT, but more at guys that make INDUSTRIALCRAFT AND XYCRAFT. I can understand RP2. We won't go there. But really, me and I am pretty sure 10s upon thousands have been waiting since the original spoiler for April 22nd. I did read the disclaimer that was put out at least half a dang month later. But seriously mod peoples, stop wasting everyones time. I also feel horrible for all the server owners that shutdown their servers 1 month ago expecting the update. I couldn't imagine how crappy they feel for all their server members. But finally, just wow. I am really dissapointed at mod makers all around and Slow for not communicating to them. If you hate me for writing this, go jump off a bridge and enter the real world. *This post is not a troll
-Congo
Calling the mod developers lazy is definitely no way to get them to speed up. And if you want a 1.5 pack now make your own, but it'll be a lot of hard work, it won't be all setup for you and it won't be very stable or balanced (without more work) or you could just wait and have the fantastic group of people in FTB work out and build the pack for you. They are testing it right now.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Calling the mod developers lazy is definitely no way to get them to speed up. And if you want a 1.5 pack now make your own, but it'll be a lot of hard work, it won't be all setup for you and it won't be very stable or balanced (without more work) or you could just wait and have the fantastic group of people in FTB work out and build the pack for you. They are testing it right now.
I am not dissing the people at FTB much at all just mostly the mod developers, I know Slow does his hardest to put out the packs but it is really hard for him when the dang mod developers can't complete the update. I really don't get why they bother adding more stuff into a good mod when everyone is STILL waiting for it too just update. Why can't they release a stable version before adding stuff. Am I really the only person to think of such a commonplace idea?

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
I am not dissing the people at FTB much at all just mostly the mod developers, I know Slow does his hardest to put out the packs but it is really hard for him when the dang mod developers can't complete the update. I really don't get why they bother adding more stuff into a good mod when everyone is STILL waiting for it too just update. Why can't they release a stable version before adding stuff. Am I really the only person to think of such a commonplace idea?
Ok. So I want a mod from that is an alternative to every other mod in FTB. I want it tomorrow and I want it Stable. Do that and then I will agree with your cause. In the modding community there really is no such thing as a "fast developer". Every active modder gets their mods out as soon as they can as stable as they can

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. So I want a mod from that is an alternative to every other mod in FTB. I want it tomorrow and I want it Stable. Do that and then I will agree with your cause. In the modding community there really is no such thing as a "fast developer". Every active modder gets their mods out as soon as they can as stable as they can
But still, everyone has to wonder if 2 MONTHS is as 'fast as possible'. I am not talking about 1 day or 1 week or 1 month but it really has been a while...

simon48xbox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a web dev and I know fixing bugs all day long is so boring and tedious, So I'm assuming that they add new stuff because it's fun (and I like new stuff) and it mixes it up and then your not just fixing bugs. I'm looking forward to new mod features more then anything in 1.5. If no new mod features were added to 1.5 there'd barely any reason to update.

CosmicThing2

Jul 29, 2019
I feel your pain man, it can be annoying. I've been awaiting the update for a while too but upsetting the developers by moaning at them won't help anyone and they may feel even less inclined to update. Tbh, if you look at the update status thing, there's barely any mods left to update (aside from RP2) so it shouldn't be that long. Maybe go play a different game for a week or two? :p

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
But still, everyone has to wonder if 2 MONTHS is as 'fast as possible'. I am not talking about 1 day or 1 week or 1 month but it really has been a while...
Let me give you an example. When the new Xbox is announced on the 21st do you think it will have all the popular game titles within 2 months of the anticipated release

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Let me give you an example. When the new Xbox is announced on the 21st do you think it will have all the popular game titles within 2 months of the anticipated release
no but it will have all of the anticipated games within that time frame

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure if conguy had to do any modding or put together a popular modpack, he'd probably stop his whining. The logistics with getting developers of 50+ mods in sync is truly daunting. Try putting together a modpack after an update, test it, config it, communicate with devs when stuff doesnt mesh, and then get back to us.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
I am glad that Slowpoke is updating us. Being in the dark was not fun. I can wait for FTB to update. I am excited for the 1.6 update.

Reactions: robbversion1

Gamabunta00

Jul 29, 2019
-Congo
Wow....i thought we had finally got over this issue, soooo, they provide free content and you are going to try and say its unacceptable because it got popular? Stop being an ungrateful child. If anything this is the reason a lot of mod authors stop developing all together. 1 Large thing you are ignoring is that this is a hobby/side project for them. None of them make enough money off of the ad revenue (which from what i have heard is pretty abysmal at best) to make it even worth making the mod if they didn't enjoy it. A lot of them (Such as one of the main/lead devs from xycraft Soaryn) are college students who recently finished studying and taking there final exams so they probably just started working on the update as there College is and should be there top priority. Just be glad they dont make it a private mod or something. They could just release it on forgecraft or other private servers if they wanted too. But they choose to Graciously share it with the minecraft community. The LEAST you can do is show a bit of self control and keep any comments to yourself and wait patiently like the rest of us, and any server owners who shutdown their servers to wait for the 1.5 update are idiots as everyone knows it can take quite a while to update.

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
I am more upset at the fact they still haven't corrected the chickenchunks 1.3.1.1 release to 1.3.1.2 for the latest versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.