Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like them to say? that hey don't know what's going on? That would go real well.
And it's not like most of us wold understand A technical answer even if they had one. After all if a mod maker knew what teh problem was then he would be fixing it not wasting time talking about it.

Reactions: Ratys

croswat

Jul 29, 2019
so all the server owners that have been preparing to update for weeks now have to just sit there and hope that they aren't busy when it does come out? updating a server takes time and any information would help

Reactions: Materialize127

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Still can't wait for the 1.5.1 modpack to come out, I want to play some Minecraft again as the 1.4.7 packs have gotten stale for myself and a few friends...

On that note. I remember that they were going to be getting a Terrafirmacraft Mod Pack running with FTB wernt they???

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 wont be a commanded modpack. 1.0.2 (1.4.7) will. Next pack after that will be 1.6

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like them to say? that hey don't know what's going on? That would go real well.
And it's not like most of us wold understand A technical answer even if they had one. After all if a mod maker knew what teh problem was then he would be fixing it not wasting time talking about it.

The most up to date estimate has passed so a brief update is not an unreasonable request.

hypothetical edit: unfortunately we're still not ready yet, during testing mod x is crashing servers and mod y and z are still beta builds, once these 3 mods are ready and stable we hope to have a pack to release, will update again on x day if we haven't got a release by then.

That not too technical is it?

bhblacky

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog would be nice. I see Ultimate 1.4.7 in Version 1.1.0, but not when i mark recommended.
Thats why a Changelog in General would be nice, that we can see what new mods are in, which mods are updated, doesn't need to be detailed, but an overview would be really cool

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog would be nice. I see Ultimate 1.4.7 in Version 1.1.0, but not when i mark recommended.
Thats why a Changelog in General would be nice, that we can see what new mods are in, which mods are updated, doesn't need to be detailed, but an overview would be really cool
Version 1.1.0 not recommended. As in not ready for release. As in some of them mods might still need updating. As in we don't know wat's going to be in that release.[DOUBLEPOST=1368439680][/DOUBLEPOST]
The most up to date estimate has passed so a brief update is not an unreasonable request.

hypothetical edit: unfortunately we're still not ready yet, during testing mod x is crashing servers and mod y and z are still beta builds, once these 3 mods are ready and stable we hope to have a pack to release, will update again on x day if we haven't got a release by then.

That not too technical is it?

"After all if a mod maker knew what the problem was then he would be fixing it not wasting time talking about it."
As in the mod makers arn't bothering to report to the FTB guys. Because the FTB guys are just some people who put together a mod pack. As in they are no more important than any other person who uses the mod. As in we aren't about to complain to the mod guys like you all are. As in go follow the mod guys twitters to keep up to date. As in don't bother us here.

If this post seems strange it's because Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

CrowbarSr

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.0 not recommended. As in not ready for release. As in some of them mods might still need updating. As in we don't know wat's going to be in that release.

That is not what he asked. He is asking for a changelog of the current test build of 1.1.0.

CrowbarSr

Jul 29, 2019
That's the changelog for Ultimate 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, not 1.1.0. He's put the wrong version number in it and it's very misleading.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.0 not recommended. As in not ready for release. As in some of them mods might still need updating. As in we don't know wat's going to be in that release.[DOUBLEPOST=1368439680][/DOUBLEPOST]

"After all if a mod maker knew what the problem was then he would be fixing it not wasting time talking about it."
As in the mod makers arn't bothering to report to the FTB guys. Because the FTB guys are just some people who put together a mod pack. As in they are no more important than any other person who uses the mod. As in we aren't about to complain to the mod guys like you all are. As in go follow the mod guys twitters to keep up to date. As in don't bother us here.

If this post seems strange it's because Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

If you're going to pretend that you're on a higher moral ground than the rest of us, could you at least do it with proper grammar? Every post you make is riddled with condescending smugness and horrible errors. The past tense of "be" is "been", not "bin" as in "binary file" or "storage bin", and the proper phrase is "all of THEIR (possessive) mods", not "them" which is used in the same way you use "her" or "him".

I come here looking for updates and end up slogging through paragraphs that look like a really smug 12 year old wrote them. You need a serious attitude adjustment.

I am just waiting on a 1.5 pack because I want to play Natura in FTB, that's what I'm really excited about and heard it was going to be in it. But any update on 1.1 would also be great, since I am loving SecretDoors but find some issues with the server version and my client regarding GregTech alterations.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
All we know is there's a delay, BIG delay to the release of the packs, we've no idea why because no one is telling us why, all we have is speculation and grape vines.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
All we know is there's a delay, BIG delay to the release of the packs, we've no idea why because no one is telling us why, all we have is speculation and grape vines.
Well seen as noone else seems to be saying anything I guess I can explain:

Currently the 1.4.7 packs are in beta on the launcher, they have been in this state for a week which is what we normally do then if there are not any issues with them they are changed to RB. Our update day is normally today so I expect to see them either pushed to public or work being done on them today to fix bugs that came up during testing. I personally think that post was incorrect as we always run a week of beta testing after a pack is uploaded as non RB so we can make sure there are no bugs so I don't think there would have ever been an update a couple of days after like it says in the post.

I think work on MagicWorld2 and TechWorld2 is just starting now and so those updates should be ready within the next few weeks.

I am told that there are still some critical bugs in 1.5.1 in some mods and IC2 is not released so that is why our pack has not been released as if it was released without those mods then worlds would require regen again when they are added and if it was in it would be unplayable.

The policy generally at FTB is that we don't do ETA's hence the disclaimer in the post:

* This outlined timeline is our current estimated time for release. No promises are given or guarantees offered. These are the timelines we hope to achieve, however sometimes unforeseen events prevent us from achieving these goals.*
People generally don't pay any attention to these disclaimers me included so the current ETA that you can quote wherever you want is: "It'll be out when its out" we don't want to release a pack until it is ready for public use because if it is not we will simply get a load of bug reports which we are already aware of and trying to fix which just causes inconvenience for both us and you as players who attempt to play a incomplete modpack for this reason we will be holding the beta of 1.5.1 until these bugs are fixed.

PS. To the people saying we are waiting on redpower this is not true. As stated in previous news posts we are no longer going to be waiting on redpower and future packs will most probably not contain is as we could be waiting for an infinite time. That said if it does appear we would consider readding it to the packs. To put it plainly our eggs are not in that basket.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Capitannana the pack has been in testing for almost a MONTH not a week... CWW256, Apr 17, 2013
Nope, 1.0.2 was deemed unfit for release due to it creating more bugs that it actually fixed. Our new build in testing was put into testing about a week ago and is called 1.1.0. That post has not been updated to reflect this change but I guess that would be due to CWW being away atm. So to clarify: there will be no 1.0.2 as it was not bug free, more mods have now been updated and further changes made to the pack which will be version 1.1.0 which is the testing version referred to in this post.

Reactions: Talimn

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, 1.0.2 was deemed unfit for release due to it creating more bugs that it actually fixed. Our new build in testing was put into testing about a week ago and is called 1.1.0. That post has not been updated to reflect this change but I guess that would be due to CWW being away atm. So to clarify: there will be no 1.0.2 as it was not bug free, more mods have now been updated and further changes made to the pack which will be version 1.1.0 which is the testing version referred to in this post.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.