I'm sorry to sound impatient, but...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
The English language in general is full of inconsistencies and mispronunciations of words.

Color and Colour are both pronounced wrong. Get over it.
my family laughs at me every time I say crayon apparently I pronounce it wrong.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, I've been preparing for bad economic times ... but sadly, I'm ill prepared for global thermal nuclear war.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to always pronounce it crown even though I try and say it right it always comes out sounding like that.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
It most certainly it not pronounced crown, which is how many in my middle school insisted it was pronounced.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Oh yay, another Yanks/Limeys argument. We were just about due for one of those.

I had a whole paragraph typed up about the history of aluminum/aluminium (the separate spellings go all the way back to almost two decades before the element was even officially discovered), but then I realized that nobody would care because they're having too much fun mocking each other. So I deleted it. Mock away.

EDIT: And as a result of spending that time typing it up, I missed several posts where the argument basically fizzled and made this post even more irrelevant than it already is. Whoops.

Reactions: tehBlobLord

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
ya I know :( sad but true but at least I can surprise everyone when I say something intelligent

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just surprised no-one has posted a queen video yet, tbh.
Most threads are born and die that way...