I'm sorry to sound impatient, but...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Mods which can't be downloaded by means of Technic or MultMC? Mods that we could have the day they release? Until then, no. If this is the case and FTB might have an incentive, I'm happy to hear that. If it continues to be outdated versions and permissions, it just isn't better.
For most people, working out the ID conflicts and even going to each thread and downloading the mods is a pain.

FTB, Tekkit, whatever other mod pack you want to mention will all have a significant delay between the release of a mod's new version and its update/addition.
It comes down to the facts that there is need for testing, and that too many updates will also means that server admins will hate your pack, as well as users not following threads being lost by too many changes too often.

Keeping up to date with mods usually comes at the cost of doing manual downloads and configs, as well as worlds that are often discontinued quite often (usually not necessary).

I used to check every mod I was using every week or so, updating my world as they went out, but that means actively searching for them and being prepared to spend that time searching, downloading and configuring. I don't have that time now, so I'll gladly play a pack that is two months old, if that pack means that I will really enjoy my time.
It might mean that I don't have MFR upgrades on the planter, nor do I have all these cool new toys from Inficraft (or natura + tinker's construct as it's called now), not even the superb things that MachineMuse added to the armour I like so much.

I think many of us just want to have fun, and even if we don't have the shiny stuff right this second, we will likely have them in a month or three anyway, when others will have moved on to newer things. Doesn't mean that the stuff will be any less cool at that time than it is right now.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe i'm way off... but i didnt think that RP2 was confirmed yet for 1.5.X ... So if thats not in there? htats going to mess up a crap ton of worlds.... with the lack of marble and basalt.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe i'm way off... but i didnt think that RP2 was confirmed yet for 1.5.X ... So if thats not in there? htats going to mess up a crap ton of worlds.... with the lack of marble and basalt.

Getting rid of marble & basalt would have made 90% of my buildings literally disappear. Sometimes, you just gotta suck it up and start a new one.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Definitely gonna agree with you there, but why not have the buggy versions, and when they're fixed set them to the recommended version? Small custom modpack creators can take care of bugs just fine, why can't a big official thing like FTB do it? :/
Small custom modpack creators don't have a userbase of millions who would flood the forums with complaints when buggy mods crash their servers. One reason why I use FTB instead of other modpacks is because of the extensive testing done on the Forgecraft servers. I know that, while playing FTB, the likelihood of a crash that isn't my fault is almost zero. I think I've had a single crash in Ultimate, and maybe two or three for the entire time I played DW20, that wasn't caused by a mod I added or a boneheaded mistake I made.

Plus, they do have beta versions. Like Ultimate 1.1.0 (which was the source of my one Ultimate crash). The thing is, they like to wait for all the worldgen mods to be updated to the new MC version before they release a pack for that version, so people don't have to start a new world (or generate a new Mystcraft age for the modpacks which include Mystcraft) every time another worldgen mod is added. Which is why we don't and probably won't have a 1.5 pack. I think it was said in a news post that any 1.5 packs will be betas, and that the next recommended versions will be for 1.6 since that's supposedly going to be released this month.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
As much as it pains me to be stuck on 1.4.7, I'll live.

Plus, I've still got a lot of work to do, and I'm not actually waiting on anything that's coming in the update.

Not to mention that if I update without waiting on RP2, my map will have big, stupid holes in it. I DON'T LIKE BIG STUPID HOLES.

Bet you hate Dravarden.

And that one guy.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
people doing things like this almost made her quit. I agree with bifflesworth and ember quill I would not do this. It is quite the invasion of privacy
Supposedly she was getting death threats. People suck.

I don't think some understand that things like that will get you into real trouble with the law. Freedom of speech doesn't cover things like that. People think they are far more anonymous than they really are and can just abuse others in that sort of real context with no repercussions.

Reactions: fergcraft

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Bet you hate Dravarden.

And that one guy.

The hypocrisy in that statement is that I use the BC quarry almost exclusively for mining.

I posted that, and then had to reflect upon my entire life. Maybe I will update without RP2 afterall. Even though I'll sorely miss the lamps that I'm using to light up my redlight district.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
The hypocrisy in that statement is that I use the BC quarry almost exclusively for mining.

I posted that, and then had to reflect upon my entire life. Maybe I will update without RP2 afterall. Even though I'll sorely miss the lamps that I'm using to light up my redlight district.
well at least theirs a good alternative to those xycraft lights but for the new neat looking ones ya I am going to miss those

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to know how it feels like to maintain a modpack, try making your own.

Download the latest mods yourself. You're even free to copy the FTB configs…assuming they're compatible.

Be patient. Be like water.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Definitely gonna agree with you there, but why not have the buggy versions, and when they're fixed set them to the recommended version? Small custom modpack creators can take care of bugs just fine, why can't a big official thing like FTB do it? :/
Mostly because small custom mod pack makers usually don't try something as insane as cramming 80+ mods into one mod pack, that's why. Each mod you add to a pack increases the difficulty in getting everything bug free logarithmically,not linearly.

Reactions: Eyamaz

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Meanwhile, those of us testing Resonant Rise are having a great time with all the 1.5.1 mods!

well at least theirs a good alternative to those xycraft lights but for the new neat looking ones ya I am going to miss those
Energised Glowstone Illuminators. That can have dyes applied them to make them any colour. And they're just damn sexy. 10/10 would use.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Meanwhile, those of us testing Resonant Rise are having a great time with all the 1.5.1 mods!

Energised Glowstone Illuminators. That can have dyes applied them to make them any colour. And they're just damn sexy. 10/10 would use.
11/10

And yeah, even though these woods scare me.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clear this up, I didn't mean to suggest that anyone should find Eloraam in real life.

All I meant to say in that post was that it's the mod developers' fault that FTB can't update, not the FTB team's, and that RP2 is one of the most important mods that hasn't updated yet.

I think the part that startled people was that last line.

I don't think most of us would go so far as to do anything so outrageously terrible... but this is the internet. Saying stuff like that is inadvertently dangerous. You might give a crazy RP2 fan some much-desired information.