Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Thaumium, minium stone, and bock breaker are the best ways to gather it without a diamond pick imo.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure that that won't run into overflow problems when the items from a quarry start flowing in?

Nope. As I said in a previous message, I use neither Factorization nor RP2. With that said, the example you gave would not hold up, either, as it is relying on a single sorting machine to pull from the chest. ;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Can I get a golem to pull Ash out of a Peat Fired Engine? If so, which side of the engine would I need to point it at?

Stephanie96

Jul 29, 2019
Will get Feed The Beast get the Alchemical Chest from EE3 alpha version G (current)? If not, is there any way to convert basic 'lesser' materials such as cobblestone, dirt and so on into copper and tin? Reason I'm asking is as while I don't want OP things like EMC collectors and whatnot, I do have a lot of trouble making all kinds of recipes without mining for weeks. Making things hard is fun, but making things long is annoying. I know about deactivating GregTech, but that doesn't help me getting more copper ore.

Thanks.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Will get Feed The Beast get the Alchemical Chest from EE3 alpha version G (current)? If not, is there any way to convert basic 'lesser' materials such as cobblestone, dirt and so on into copper and tin? Reason I'm asking is as while I don't want OP things like EMC collectors and whatnot, I do have a lot of trouble making all kinds of recipes without mining for weeks. Making things hard is fun, but making things long is annoying. I know about deactivating GregTech, but that doesn't help me getting more copper ore.

Thanks.
You can boost copper ore generation in TE config. You can also try using BigDig pack available from competition, it is designed to trivialize resource collecting, which can be what you want.

Skyshayde

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any practical differences between solar panel flowers, and just a flat square of panels on top of cabling?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If you use appropriate lossless cabling (tin for normal ones, glass fiber for advanced/compact solars), then there is no difference.

Solar flowers were developed to get away with cheap copper cables while still not suffering distance based losses.

Skyshayde

Jul 29, 2019
If you use appropriate lossless cabling (tin for normal ones, glass fiber for advanced/compact solars), then there is no difference.

Solar flowers were developed to get away with cheap copper cables while still not suffering distance based losses.
Ah, imo tin cables are cheaper than copper. Are there any other good EU generation stuffs I should know about? Playing Yogcraft pack.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
No. Sorting Machines, not Routers. Routers should always be a final destination of the pipe network.

You have a choice: Do you want everything to be pulled out of the input chest, with unassigned items ending up in a series of "junk" chests, or do you only want specific items that you have programmed to be pulled out?

Everything: Set up a series of Sorting Machines like this:

Code:
[]S==========R
    ||
    S========R
      ||
      S======R
Pipes going down to the next Sorting Machine are the "Other" colour from the previous Sorting Machine, think of it like an overflow. First Sorting Machine contains 8 columns of all the same output colour designating up to 40 items to go to the first Router. Second Sorting Machine does the same for the second Router. Use
AnyItemWholeStackWithDefaultRoute.png
and
Automatic.png

Only Programmed: Add as many Sorting Machines to the Enderchest as you need, any more than 3 or 4 can make the wiring tricky so you might want two identical Enderchests with two or three Sorting Machines attached to each. Use
AnyItemWholeStack.png
and
Automatic.png

If you have four Routers attached to four separate barrel walls (make sure they are NOT connected at the corners), and if 40 items is enough for each wall, then you only need 4 Sorting Machines. If you have more than 40 item types in any one wall, then you need a second Sorting Machine for that wall. I see your picture has 48, you could cover that with a fifth Sorting Machine that just sets an extra two columns for each wall.
I have the barrels arranged in a square, and each wall is connected at a corner. I chose the four sides as my way of a general organization (ores and stuff of this wall, things I make on that wall...) for the system. I don't really understand yet, but since the wall are separate, I can visualize each wall having its own sorting machine and similar, but I don't know how I could link they all to the same ender pouch and make it look nice...[DOUBLEPOST=1367377658][/DOUBLEPOST]If you add more power to a fermenter, will they produce biomass faster?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
If you add more power to a fermenter, will they produce biomass faster?
Yes, up to a point. iirc Fermenters have a max input of 17 MJ/t and move at a pretty good clip. Enough to keep quite a few stills occupied anyway. MilConDoin has posted the exact ratios on this forum a few times, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them if you want more detail.

DivineRaptor

Jul 29, 2019
If someone has all of the ender bees on the server I play on, can I still get them? The server I play on has mystcraft disabled so I can't get them from the sky mystcraft dimensions. We also have quarries and chunkloaders disabled. Is there still a way to get the ender bees?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
If someone has all of the ender bees on the server I play on, can I still get them? The server I play on has mystcraft disabled so I can't get them from the sky mystcraft dimensions. We also have quarries and chunkloaders disabled. Is there still a way to get the ender bees?
Without GT no, withit you can find them on asteroids. I would just try trading with this person for a couple of drones (1 should be enough if you know what are you doing, with 4 you will be 99 % safe) or a serum. If he has a monopoly for them it can be expensive.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can. That person can make an Ender Species Serum then replicate it and give you the replicated version. If you have GregTech enabled the End has small islands that extend forever, they are world gen. They contain ores and rarely a bee hive. You will need a way to fly and for long times, with a high height limit. Dangerous business, but you should be able to get yourself some Ender Bee's using one of these methods.

DivineRaptor

Jul 29, 2019
the server has GT but I have gone over 12000+ blocks in the end and have yet to find a hive. I talked to him and he is not willing to give up a single drone.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
the server has GT but I have gone over 12000+ blocks in the end and have yet to find a hive. I talked to him and he is not willing to give up a single drone.
You just have to keep trying! Go off in a different direction, or something. I can confirm that you can find Ender bees on the asteroids. It's incredibly rare, but possible. Soldier on, and you will find some.