Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Funny you should ask that, I researched exactly that only a few days ago. ;)

Result: 128 panels, arranged in a 6-out-on-every-side formation. I don't have access to my own computer right now, so no dropbox and no screenshots. You'll have to make do with a MS Paint mockup attached to this post.

The result is 256 amps, almost all of which arrive (I suppose you could shave off another 3-4 or so panels, but it wouldn't be symmetric then, and we can't have that, now can we). The engine will be running a 24 kW, generating 24 MJ/t.

Attachments

• btsolar.png
    btsolar.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 76

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Sweet, that's sort of the size I was picturing in my mind. Have just realised I need to redesign what I have so far, positioned some things in the wrong place that will be in the way :D

Scetath

Jul 29, 2019
hello again
I play ultimate pack + optifine and i have a problem with chunk loading
i just started a new world and i can walk around but new chunks dont load
only the chunks that are loaded on start up load
the chunks dont even load when i come close
tnx for the help in advance
-Scetath-

Maks

Jul 29, 2019
I know this question has been asked before, and I know there have been threads on this subject, but I haven't been able to find them with the search function.

What are the ideal layers to mine? There were a few, one for copper/tin, of course 8-12 for diamonds/redstone/etc, but I don't recall what those y values exactly were...
I'm sure someone knows this.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Back in MindCrack 8.01 the two best layers were 43/44 + 11/12. I haven't checked if that has changed over time.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Back in MindCrack 8.01 the two best layers were 43/44 + 11/12. I haven't checked if that has changed over time.

If the pack has TE generating the ores then those should remain constant. I don't think there has been any changes to TE ore generation since it was introduced.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
The Sorting Machine would just choose which Router to send to, so if you have 4 walls of barrels and the walls aren't connected to each other, then each router only deals with one of the four walls. You will want more than one Sorting Machine, as each one can only classify up to 40 items into six colours I think. After that you have two choices: add another Sorting Machine to the input chest, or set the first SM to colour "everything else" to go to a second SM that does a further round of colour coding, etc. I went the first route, I have 6 Sorting Machines attached ot an Enderchest, and no "default" colour on any of them.
I feel like I can get that to work, but I wanted to use an ender chest linked with and ender pouch to quickly sort items from a distance. How can I do that with 4 sorting machines without having 4 ender pouches/chests?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I can get that to work, but I wanted to use an ender chest linked with and ender pouch to quickly sort items from a distance. How can I do that with 4 sorting machines without having 4 ender pouches/chests?
Have the default route of your first sorting machine send items to the second sorting machine, which sends its default route items to a third, etc.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Have one router be on the input with something to extract any jams. Have whatever that is pipe to the next. Repeat for the next 2 sides ending in an unsorted chest?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Have the default route of your first sorting machine send items to the second sorting machine, which sends its default route items to a third, etc.
Do you mean have the items go through the system of one router, and if they don't find a place send them to the next router, and the next...?

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Mind you I loathe factorization so never installed it, I'm dumping Red Power 2, so I'm offering suggestions on two mods I do not use. Salt to taste, ignore if inane with my blessing. :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Do you mean have the items go through the system of one router, and if they don't find a place send them to the next router, and the next...?
No. Sorting Machines, not Routers. Routers should always be a final destination of the pipe network.

You have a choice: Do you want everything to be pulled out of the input chest, with unassigned items ending up in a series of "junk" chests, or do you only want specific items that you have programmed to be pulled out?

Everything: Set up a series of Sorting Machines like this:

Code:
[]S==========R
    ||
    S========R
      ||
      S======R
Pipes going down to the next Sorting Machine are the "Other" colour from the previous Sorting Machine, think of it like an overflow. First Sorting Machine contains 8 columns of all the same output colour designating up to 40 items to go to the first Router. Second Sorting Machine does the same for the second Router. Use
AnyItemWholeStackWithDefaultRoute.png
and
Automatic.png

Only Programmed: Add as many Sorting Machines to the Enderchest as you need, any more than 3 or 4 can make the wiring tricky so you might want two identical Enderchests with two or three Sorting Machines attached to each. Use
AnyItemWholeStack.png
and
Automatic.png

If you have four Routers attached to four separate barrel walls (make sure they are NOT connected at the corners), and if 40 items is enough for each wall, then you only need 4 Sorting Machines. If you have more than 40 item types in any one wall, then you need a second Sorting Machine for that wall. I see your picture has 48, you could cover that with a fifth Sorting Machine that just sets an extra two columns for each wall.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Overly complicated, you're using sorting machines to sort what the routers should already be sorting.

Ender Chest -> Router 1 -> Extraction -> Router 2 -> Extraction -> Router 3 -> Extraction -> Router 4 -> Overflow/unsorted chest(s).

Extraction here being whatever works. Wooden Pipe/Engine, Filter w/Timer, whatever. The point is you just unjam the early routers, push to the later routers and eventually into an overflow/unsorted area.[DOUBLEPOST=1367327847][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a way to harvest obsidian without crafting a diamond pickaxe ?

Yes. All you need is 2 buckets, a water source, a lava source, and Thermal Expansion installed. ;)

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Collect lava and use igneus extruder with water or just mix cells in crafting grid. Use block breaker or turtle to break obsidian. Transmute wood to obsidian using minium stone. Make it from UU matter. Harvest it using quarry.

Edit: Quarry needs diamond pick ;). But you can just craft diamond drill.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Block Breaker.
Use block breaker or turtle to break obsidian.
Turtles need a diamond pickaxe to gather obsidian.[DOUBLEPOST=1367329677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ender Chest -> Router 1 -> Extraction -> Router 2 -> Extraction -> Router 3 -> Extraction -> Router 4 -> Overflow/unsorted chest(s).

Extraction here being whatever works. Wooden Pipe/Engine, Filter w/Timer, whatever. The point is you just unjam the early routers, push to the later routers and eventually into an overflow/unsorted area.
Are you sure that that won't run into overflow problems when the items from a quarry start flowing in?