Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
So when does this 1.5.1 Pack come out again? I myself am really excited to play it. Getting tired of the current builds...
Slow has said a beta version of a 1.5 pack may be out as soon as Monday
(without RP obviously, as well as other mods)
Reason they are releasing a pack like this is there is enough content from some new mods to justify a 1.5 release. all be it a beta.

Moleculor

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt say months now did I. You also missed the fact that NOT ALL MODS ARE EVEN FINISHED ANYWAY.

Clearly the FTB team (who are the people more likely to know than you or I) believe that the mods are close enough to being finished (and RP2 is far enough away from being finished) to make this thread in the first place.

It's taken IC2's eight devs the three months to patch IC2 to a 1.5 compatible state. RP2's one dev (who only just started working on it, so she's three months behind everyone else) is probably going to take much longer than that, due to both the complexity of her mod and the fact that she refuses outside help.

So... yeah, it'll likely be months before we see RP2, and that's assuming she actually works on it. She might get pulled in by work again.

The rest of us would rather not miss out on all the other mods' new features and bug fixes.

deandip

Jul 29, 2019
how do i download ultimate 1.0.2
When Ultimate is selected in the modpacks list, go to the drop down list in between the Download Server and Private Packs buttons and select 1.0.2, it defaults to recommended, but you can change the version to 1.0.2 there.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You know, I think we're all forgetting what exactly Eloraam does for a living. She's an electrical engineer, working with mainly devices like radios, digital devices, and the like. Perhaps the reason she doesn't ever say anything about Redpower is that she has an actual job that requires her knowledge more than a mod she does in her free time? Let's give a little consideration towards that if we're going to get on our high-horses and demand she either shape up or ship out.
I love RedPower, and can't imagine a great modpack without it. I do, however, have some sympathy with some of the people who are saying that it's time to drop RP. It does look like it might be late to the game for a 1.5.1 FTB pack, and the pack makers and other modders have to make a decision in the light of that situation. Saying "we want to build a new pack, and it looks like RP won't be ready in time" is NOT the same as saying "Eloraam is slacking". Me, I'll stick with Direwolf20 on 1.4.7 for now and will only move on to a 1.5.x pack if and when RedPower is ready to be included. If that doesn't happen within a couple of months then I'll have to consider my options again. Maybe RP will be dropped from the new Ultimate. Maybe the FTB team will decide that it's too much trouble to build a pack that relies on a mod that has a history of timescale issues. But RP is so awesome that I'm sure that there will be a new pack like Direwolf20 that includes it. Just like some people can't imagine enjoying playing without GregTech, some feel the same about RP. There's no reason that all the FTB packs have to include RP, just like they don't all include GregTech.[DOUBLEPOST=1366486392][/DOUBLEPOST]
When Ultimate is selected in the modpacks list, go to the drop down list in between the Download Server and Private Packs buttons and select 1.0.2, it defaults to recommended, but you can change the version to 1.0.2 there.
There's been a silent change to 1.0.2 so you might need to click the "Force Update" bar in the Options. Something to do with WRCBE ChickenChunks I heard.

GameFAQsRolo

Jul 29, 2019
There's been a silent change to 1.0.2 so you might need to click the "Force Update" bar in the Options.

It looks like ChickenChunks was updated (both client and server). Anyone already on 1.0.2 will need to redownload the server pack and highlight the "Force Update" button under options before their next launch.

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
I wish Eloraam all the best. RP is an amazing mod, but real life issues ALWAYS come first. This is a game, people seem to forget that sometimes. I also remember not that long ago playing only in vanilla wondering what to do next, so FTB without RP will be far from the end of the world. I am just excited to be getting a version of FTB in 1.5 soon, while I do love the machines and the other mods, the kid/history geek in me is waiting to build a Greco-Roman base with quartz block columns, lol.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly the FTB team (who are the people more likely to know than you or I) believe that the mods are close enough to being finished (and RP2 is far enough away from being finished) to make this thread in the first place.

Speak for yourself. I know what I'm talking about. I haven't just been sitting around waiting, ive been talking with mod authors and digging deeper into things since 1.5.1 became final, encouraging and generally gathering information while smaking people down for being self-entitled with my backhand of justice.

Also, you base "RP2 is far enough away from being finished" off of what exactly? Becuse https://twitter.com/TheRealEloraam/status/324606122474496000 seems to say the direct opposite.[DOUBLEPOST=1366585682][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wish Eloraam all the best. RP is an amazing mod, but real life issues ALWAYS come first. This is a game, people seem to forget that sometimes. I also remember not that long ago playing only in vanilla wondering what to do next, so FTB without RP will be far from the end of the world. I am just excited to be getting a version of FTB in 1.5 soon, while I do love the machines and the other mods, the kid/history geek in me is waiting to build a Greco-Roman base with quartz block columns, lol.

Shes still around as of a few days ago, and there is a good chance she will actually update this time (as she hasstated intrest in doing, thats why my spreadsheet is on Dev status) . 50% id say. Dont lose hope :p

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And don't forget, people, that the 1.5.1 pack is not the official Ultimate pack. Ultimate will remain 1.4.7 until after the 1.6 update.

The 1.5.1 pack that does not contain RP2 is a completely separate pack that most like will not be compatible with your current maps.

This should satisfy both sides, I should think. Those that want to stay with RP2 can stay with the official Ultimate pack, and wait for 1.6. Those that want to move on can update to 1.5.1 and make a new map. Everyone wins, I think

Reactions: Sh3it4n

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam is very busy with her job if I remember correctly. I would just sit back and not even think about this topic. She has not lost interest in Red Power so as long as she has the time to do so wage will most likely mantain it. Just like most other gamers real life can get in the way of Virtual Life

Reactions: diggerjohn99

99Johnsy99

Jul 29, 2019
my god people calm down. maybe some of u dont know, but this is a game. if the FTB people put up a post telling u that this is what is happening with the packs, deal with it. if u dont like it go and start your on mod pack launcher.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
my god people calm down. maybe some of u dont know, but this is a game. if the FTB people put up a post telling u that this is what is happening with the packs, deal with it. if u dont like it go and start your on mod pack launcher.
They are calm. This is the forum having a little conversation. I may say some people replied to this is the form of a small rant, but other than that this is nothing other than a usual conversation on the feed the beast forum.

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

99Johnsy99

Jul 29, 2019
They are calm. This is the forum having a little conversation. I may say some people replied to this is the form of a small rant, but other than that this is nothing other than a usual conversation on the feed the beast forum.

the FTB team said this is how it is end of story

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Letme point out, again, that FTB did not pull RP2 from the Ultimate pack just yet? That the 1.5.1 pack is not the Ultimate pack? So, why is everyone getting upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.