Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariusc93

Jul 29, 2019
One big point nobody I've seen point out...

Why bitch and moan about RP2 when a number of other mods haven't even finished updating to 1.5? Don't whine about it when it isn't the only holdup.

Yes, RP2 suffered perhaps more damage than any other mod from 1.3 and the depth and breadth of RP2 demanded MAJOR work to repair. The mod is massive all on it's own. Equal if not larger than any of the other big 3: IC2, BC, or Forestry. Now stated by Elo as well, 1.5 wasn't too bad and textures are tedious but not difficult to update I think.

Just as AE was added in right in the middle, RP2 can be too. One little thing easy to forget, RP2 doesn't have sub-mods that have to wait for it before they too can update. (minus WR-CBE that is)
They do because many are ungrateful and want to complain because someone has a life and they dont. Like I stated on the forums to people, RP2 broke during the 1.3 update and is really surprised she was able to recover. People shouldnt complain, and if they dont like RP2, remove it off of your server and be move on.

Silmargt

Jul 29, 2019
They do because many are ungrateful and want to complain because someone has a life and they dont. Like I stated on the forums to people, RP2 broke during the 1.3 update and is really surprised she was able to recover. People shouldnt complain, and if they dont like RP2, remove it off of your server and be move on.
Agreed too many children and just immature adults who have that now or never mentality who need everything perfectly right on time.... News flash that doesn't actually happen in everything in the real world! Life happens and if you can't realize this your opinions are nil.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
All packs that do not include RP2 are going to all be missing out because you couldn't wait. IC2 isn't even out of beta yet and you couldn't wait? You will have a net loss removing RP2 from what you have gained going from 147-151. Bad choice.

This was a very silly thread, that was posted pre-mature. A good 15% of the mods in FTB are still in dev. Why single out RP? Removing it will do FAR more damage to worlds than removing something like Omnitools or even Railcraft. Where are the dramatic threads for their 'removal'? Wait a few weeks for ALL the mods to get updated, if by then RP is sitting there being dumb, then make a thread like this otherwise you make it seem like a simple task to dislodge RP from FTB and you of all people should know better.

What you should be spending your time doing is reaching out to Eloraam and helping the process. FTB will not remain popular if you continue to 'support' mod authors in this manner. Yes yes she is difficult to contact, but isnt this what you're trying to do with the whole pack business? Not all authors are going to be cake to discuss things with, but this is not a small mod, and you seem to just be ok with the 'wait x weeks, then toss if not done' tactic, and that's careless for someone in your position.

I blame lack of sleep and temp madness for my rant. However, this community in general needs to pause and take note just how much RP and other huge mods give us, and how we might give back, rather than toss aside when no longer as useful to us. [DOUBLEPOST=1366464754][/DOUBLEPOST]
RedPower 2 had a great run. Here's to the future. :)
Had? It's still "running". :rolleyes:

Reactions: Molten and Sh3it4n

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
All packs that do not include RP2 are going to all be missing out because you couldn't wait. IC2 isn't even out of beta yet and you couldn't wait? You will have a net loss removing RP2 from what you have gained going from 147-151. Bad choice

While you may be happy to wait months for an update (with no guarantees that there even will be one) not everyone else would. You may think it is a bad choice but that simply proves you can't differentiate logistically sound choices from what you would prefer.

Reactions: Velotican

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
While you may be happy to wait months for an update (with no guarantees that there even will be one) not everyone else would. You may think it is a bad choice but that simply proves you can't differentiate logistically sound choices from what you would prefer.
I didnt say months now did I. You also missed the fact that NOT ALL MODS ARE EVEN FINISHED ANYWAY.

Reactions: Sh3it4n

Sh3it4n

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry sciguyryan, but in my View not only Bigglesworth are prefer to wait for an Update of RP2.
There are many many more including me and my Wife !^^
When I misunderstood something then tell it plse to me.

Reactions: Bigglesworth

Fatman X. Jones

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I think we're all forgetting what exactly Eloraam does for a living. She's an electrical engineer, working with mainly devices like radios, digital devices, and the like. Perhaps the reason she doesn't ever say anything about Redpower is that she has an actual job that requires her knowledge more than a mod she does in her free time? Let's give a little consideration towards that if we're going to get on our high-horses and demand she either shape up or ship out.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I never said I expect her to prioritise her mod, you know. In fact I expect it to be at the bottom of her priorities. That's why I'm certain that RP2 will no longer be released reliably enough to be considered for regular modpack inclusion anymore. It's not hard to work this out.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
All packs that do not include RP2 are going to all be missing out because you couldn't wait. IC2 isn't even out of beta yet and you couldn't wait? You will have a net loss removing RP2 from what you have gained going from 147-151. Bad choice.

This was a very silly thread, that was posted pre-mature. A good 15% of the mods in FTB are still in dev. Why single out RP? Removing it will do FAR more damage to worlds than removing something like Omnitools or even Railcraft. Where are the dramatic threads for their 'removal'? Wait a few weeks for ALL the mods to get updated, if by then RP is sitting there being dumb, then make a thread like this otherwise you make it seem like a simple task to dislodge RP from FTB and you of all people should know better.

What you should be spending your time doing is reaching out to Eloraam and helping the process. FTB will not remain popular if you continue to 'support' mod authors in this manner. Yes yes she is difficult to contact, but isnt this what you're trying to do with the whole pack business? Not all authors are going to be cake to discuss things with, but this is not a small mod, and you seem to just be ok with the 'wait x weeks, then toss if not done' tactic, and that's careless for someone in your position. [DOUBLEPOST=1366464754][/DOUBLEPOST]
Had? It's still "running". :rolleyes:

Pre mature thread indeed. RP and more importantly Eloraam has always had a shitty time from the community.
But I also strongly believe this time the rank and file of the community are not the only ones who should feel shamefull at the treatment they have given.
There are one or two devs and several well known figures who take cheap shots at her and RP all the time.
Mainly because she's not around to stand up to them and is an easy target. Hateing on RP and Eloraam seems to be flavour of the month.
I'd be surprised if real life comitments was the only factor in her decission to not keep contact. I am always amazed she has never said screw the lot of the you tbh.
Pretty sure you will never see her back on forgecraft ever again for example but that's me reading between the lines and may be wrong.
There is a huge streak of weasel in this community a mile wide. Just hope she realises there is a silent majority that greatly value all she did with RP and forge.

-Z-

Jul 29, 2019
I get the impression a lot of you never dealt with Bukkit. they're notorious for playing with minor tweak builds for stuff two versions behind instead of producing something up to date. patience, prudence. you think it's bad for a couple mods in a pack to slow things down, try having your underlying server software not update so modders effectively can't update.

the woman has a life. she has a job. stop being so selfish and deal with the fact that when your ability to keep a roof over your head is tied to something that periodically takes up all your time that your hobbies suffer a bit. are you lot going to start demanding FtB drop every mod that can't update overnight when minecraft updates? 'cause it seems like you're going down that path. in between those of you who sound like you have personal issues with eloraam that are, quite honestly, not the FtB team's concern.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
So when does this 1.5.1 Pack come out again? I myself am really excited to play it. Getting tired of the current builds...

Status
Not open for further replies.