Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moleculor

Jul 29, 2019
You can live without comparators for a little while more, can't you?

I don't care about comparators. Honestly, I can't think of a thing I'd do with them, because I haven't even been paying attention to the 1.5 Minecraft update.

However, what I DO like is fewer bugs in mods, and the bug fixes for the 60+ mods have moved to 1.5, so we need to move to 1.5 too.

Remi BloodWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys think you could possibly add DrZhark's Mo Creatures to your mod list? I like FTB and Mo' Creatures, and find it a lil annoying to have to add it everytime i mod the game

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys think you could possibly add DrZhark's Mo Creatures to your mod list? I like FTB and Mo' Creatures, and find it a lil annoying to have to add it everytime i mod the game

Actually this is DrZhark's decision, he states in his FAQ that modpacks are not allowed to include MoCreatures.

To Slow; Thanks for the update. I do see that Elo's started on her update, I can live both ways.

Reactions: OmegaPython

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not the final word in fact I don't have a say in what the FTB staff does. What I can say is that the author of Mo Creatures does not let anyone use use his mod in Modpacks. If you really want to try and get them to somehow get permissions for it and add it there is a special forum for that, if I remember correct.[DOUBLEPOST=1366252013][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually this is DrZhark's decision, he states in his FAQ that modpacks are not allowed to include MoCreatures.

To Slow; Thanks for the update. I do see that Elo's started on her update, I can live both ways.
Ahh you beat me to saying that. :)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care about comparators. Honestly, I can't think of a thing I'd do with them, because I haven't even been paying attention to the 1.5 Minecraft update.

However, what I DO like is fewer bugs in mods, and the bug fixes for the 60+ mods have moved to 1.5, so we need to move to 1.5 too.

I also want vanilla fixes themselves, like the new crafting, lightning, less lag... and the forge fix of textures, that shit boosts FPS of crappy computers by a lot (I play ultimate at like 15-25 FPS)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I play Ultimate at that with Optifine...

with optifine I barely hit 10, and in vanilla normally is 30-60 (I have a super weird bug that when pressing F3 changes my max FPS to 40, if I press again it goes to 60 and if I press again it goes to 30, and is a bit random) and optifine sets that at 20-30 (and removes the weird bug)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hear, hear. With this sentiment in mind, it seems to me that rushing to get a new FTB pack out as soon as possible every time that there's a Minecraft update is not a reasonable expectation.
Don't forget Mojang is working on the Mod API. So waiting a couple more times won't be to
And a number of mod makers are making there mods future proof. (Won't need updating.)
bad.[DOUBLEPOST=1366275482][/DOUBLEPOST]
Elo is updating RP2... FTB is updating... All is good. Patience is a virtue that many in todays age have lost.
Still waiting on word about the Soul Shards mod though. :/
Here's a running list on who's got what updated.
I didn't make it I found it via another thread.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eXBjUHVYYUVXLVE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget Mojang is working on the Mod API. So waiting a couple more times won't be to
uoLwatv.jpg

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

the same applies for redpower's open source. Oh, and in the movie the dead guy comes a few seconds after the first one, if it is the movie I'm thinking it is. So basically it doesn't mean what you think it means.

anyway, mojang never promised no api for no minecraft version, they just say it will come later

Sh3it4n

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
thank's at first for the Update.
But I have a Question.How is it when I don't Update my Ultimate Pack to the Final Version (because I don't wanna miss Red Power 2) is it posible to Update then when hopefully Elo did an Update and it was integrated back to the Ultimate Modpack.Can I keep my Old World then ?
Or must I begin then definetly a new World ?
Hope anybody knows that.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
the same applies for redpower's open source. Oh, and in the movie the dead guy comes a few seconds after the first one, if it is the movie I'm thinking it is. So basically it doesn't mean what you think it means.

anyway, mojang never promised no api for no minecraft version, they just say it will come later
I care not what the movie is, it's the picture I was interested in. And I don't think it's feasable to wait for RP2 to be open source as Elo only mentioned that she was THINKING about it and that was back when RP was a buildcraft addon. Also, my post was 100% about mojang, why the hell do you feel the need to bring up RP2 in every post you write? Do you just need something to hate? It used to be gregtech, now RP2, what's next? Buildcraft? Maybe Tinkers Construct?

Reactions: Francis Baster

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I care not what the movie is, it's the picture I was interested in. And I don't think it's feasable to wait for RP2 to be open source as Elo only mentioned that she was THINKING about it and that was back when RP was a buildcraft addon. Also, my post was 100% about mojang, why the hell do you feel the need to bring up RP2 in every post you write? Do you just need something to hate? It used to be gregtech, now RP2, what's next? Buildcraft? Maybe Tinkers Construct?

I dont hate mods that work, update and don't nerf everything, my dear redpower paladin.

and Mojang is also thinking about the api in any case.

ramdor

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, my feelings regarding RP have changed over the last couple of months. It is one of a handful of mods I have actually donated a fair amount of cash towards, and at the time I could not consider playing a modded MC without it.

However, I have now run out of interest in RP. The only real useful stuff it now brings to the table is the wires and circuits (although greg has a block that handles the circuits).

Imo, the way I feel about her mod, the sooner it is removed from the packs the better. Hopefully this beta 1.5 pack will start that process. It is a closed mod, no other mod can integrate with it (other than approved ones such as wireless rs etc), source code is closed, she is slower than hell to get timely updates out, leaves game breaking dupe bugs in, makes endless promises she breaks, stares at a gift horse in the mouth and doesn't see it and will probably vanish again at the drop of a hat leaving countless 1000's of players pining for an update.

I find it interesting her twitter feed has started again yesterday, prior to that her last tweet was the 19th Feb stating a bug fix was coming for 1.4.7. Read into that what you will I guess. The way I see it, is that she develops RP for one single purpose, so that she can play it, which is fair enough I guess. If she has Minecraft burn out and does not want to play, RP gets dropped like a bad smell.

I am disappointed for her in that she could not obtain/or did not want to obtain the ongoing development assistance from another member of the modding community. Is there not someone she could approach and say 'hey, anyone want to help take some of the work load? Otherwise it'll be a blue moon when I get a new version out.'. If she doesn't want that to happen, then honestly, we could do without waiting around for her mod, and I guess Slow has decided the same thing.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I dont hate mods that work, update and don't nerf everything, my dear redpower paladin.

and Mojang is also thinking about the api in any case.
I'm no Paladin, and fyi, Mojang have been harping on about a mod API for over a year and nothing whatsoever has materialised with it.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
maybe because they need to adapt it to minecraft, all the APIs, forge, work with lan, servers, realms, make it user friendly... meanwhile they have to update minecraft, snapshots, bug fixing... not to talk about pocket edition and xbox edition, appart from minecon... you know, it takes time, and I think hey started it in 1.3 (a bit before minecon 2012)

Honestly, my feelings regarding RP have changed over the last couple of months. It is one of a handful of mods I have actually donated a fair amount of cash towards, and at the time I could not consider playing a modded MC without it.

However, I have now run out of interest in RP. The only real useful stuff it now brings to the table is the wires and circuits (although greg has a block that handles the circuits).

Imo, the way I feel about her mod, the sooner it is removed from the packs the better. Hopefully this beta 1.5 pack will start that process. It is a closed mod, no other mod can integrate with it (other than approved ones such as wireless rs etc), source code is closed, she is slower than hell to get timely updates out, leaves game breaking dupe bugs in, makes endless promises she breaks, stares at a gift horse in the mouth and doesn't see it and will probably vanish again at the drop of a hat leaving countless 1000's of players pining for an update.

I find it interesting her twitter feed has started again yesterday, prior to that her last tweet was the 19th Feb stating a bug fix was coming for 1.4.7. Read into that what you will I guess. The way I see it, is that she develops RP for one single purpose, so that she can play it, which is fair enough I guess. If she has Minecraft burn out and does not want to play, RP gets dropped like a bad smell.

I am disappointed for her in that she could not obtain/or did not want to obtain the ongoing development assistance from another member of the modding community. Is there not someone she could approach and say 'hey, anyone want to help take some of the work load? Otherwise it'll be a blue moon when I get a new version out.'. If she doesn't want that to happen, then honestly, we could do without waiting around for her mod, and I guess Slow has decided the same thing.

dude do you read minds or something? thats more or lesss what I think. It was once an amazing unique mod, but now is just an old worthless mod with frames and sickles that takes years to update

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019

wow man, way to kill a joke, but yea, it's from the movie you think it is.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I used to be a big proponent of RedPower. Now? I can do without it just fine. Plenty of hypercomplex machines have been created in Vanilla MC (meaning without RP2 red alloy wire), I think we will survive just fine without it. It would be super great if she does manage to get an update out in a reasonable timeframe.. but I honestly do not see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.