Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, I've been out of the Modded game for a while now.

Someone suggest a pack that is not "hard mode" but has some questing? I've looked at what direwolf20's been playing, and I don't want to go that far down the rabbit hole when it comes to crafting.

??

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
So, I've been out of the Modded game for a while now.

Someone suggest a pack that is not "hard mode" but has some questing? I've looked at what direwolf20's been playing, and I don't want to go that far down the rabbit hole when it comes to crafting.

??
What kind of questing are you looking for? Are you looking for Skyden-style questing where an NPC hands out quests as you complete them and turn them in (kinda MMO-style) or a checklist-style book that unlocks new sections and tiers as you obtain items in your inventory?

I played through Skyden a little while after it made the rounds and enjoyed it a lot, but it's a ways back in Minecraft versions by now. Sky Factory 3 was a blast and used a book, and I hear there's a Sky Factory 4 now. I'm working through Infinity Evolved on expert mode, and it also uses a book that watches your inventory. You can play it without expert mode, and it's a heck of a lot easier to play the way you want rather than working a preset progression. Neither of those have a story-line to them, so that might impact whether you want to try one of them.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
If I set up two IC2 metal formers each with an AE2 interface and processing pattern for iron plates, will my system utilize both of them to cut the processing time in half? Are there some situations where AE2 might split its outputs to save time and some where it won't?

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Does Project X 2 add anything other than lamps? I'm struggling to find information on the mod.

It seems crazy to me that it adds 5 new ores to worldgen but only adds a lamp.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Does Project X 2 add anything other than lamps? I'm struggling to find information on the mod.

It seems crazy to me that it adds 5 new ores to worldgen but only adds a lamp.
XyCraft-inspired mods have always been a little weird -- the original was notorious (in 1.4.7?) for adding graphics-heavy TESR crystals everywhere that were basically used for tanks, a fabricator, and a (admittedly cool-looking) decorative blocks. It looks like X2 is still heavily in progress, and mostly just has the deco blocks and an engineering table.

T

Teddy_Ctrl

Does anyone use xray on revelations or someway to find wither skeletons. Thanks in advance :^)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone know what the deal is with the Forestry Greenhouse these days? I wanted to get a (non-alveary) climate-control method for bees, but it seems at some point they went and deprecated all the Greenhouse blocks.
My google-fu fails to tell me if they're canceled forever, moved to some other block that I don't know the name of, or temporarily on hold.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I'm trying to set up a cutoff based on how full an ender chest is, using BC Transport pipes. Never used the mod before, so it's kinda fun learning something new.

Problem is getting the reading off a chest. I'm trying to use a comparator in my test setup, but it won't update its output as the inventory changes unless I update its state via a signal on one side or by toggling the setting to the opposite mode.

This isn't normal, is it? I mean, it's been a while since I've used comparators, but it seems to me that they are supposed to just output what they measure without requiring you to manually update them every time you want them to re-check an inventory.

***EDIT***
It looks like it actually does that with only certain inventories. I was testing with a couple of different chests for various reasons, and it looks like the Slightly Larger Chest and the Mini-Chest both are of the type that only update the comparator when it receives a signal or is toggled. Ender chests seem to be working just fine, though.

Anyone know if this is a bug or a feature of these inventories that I haven't seen before?
***/EDIT***

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone know what the deal is with the Forestry Greenhouse these days? I wanted to get a (non-alveary) climate-control method for bees, but it seems at some point they went and deprecated all the Greenhouse blocks.
My google-fu fails to tell me if they're canceled forever, moved to some other block that I don't know the name of, or temporarily on hold.
It would appear that it has indeed been replaced by a "Habitat Former", which looks disappointingly simple and boring.

B

Babapaggo

Im not that new to modpacks but im searching for a mod to „grind“.
I was trying botania, witchery and mystcraft(now).
The guys on my server did technic, thaumcraft and bloodmagic.
I like mods that guide you trough all with a questbook or something like this.
(Ftb infinity evolved)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Im not that new to modpacks but im searching for a mod to „grind“.
I was trying botania, witchery and mystcraft(now).
The guys on my server did technic, thaumcraft and bloodmagic.
I like mods that guide you trough all with a questbook or something like this.
(Ftb infinity evolved)
Mod, or Modpack?

If the latter, I'll mention Infitech 3 and self-advertise. If the former, I'm not familiar with mods that guide you via a book, except maybe Reika's Chromaticraft sortof. (Some others you already noted, like Botania, Thaumcraft)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I had to delete aroma mining dimension mod from my server because of some crashes. The problem is, we had loaded chunks in there through FTB Utils. It's spamming the server because it can't find those chunks. Any way to clear those chunks without reinstallling the mod?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I had to delete aroma mining dimension mod from my server because of some crashes. The problem is, we had loaded chunks in there through FTB Utils. It's spamming the server because it can't find those chunks. Any way to clear those chunks without reinstallling the mod?
Removing FTB Utils itself or clearing out its persisted data might help. I doubt you can interact with the data itself if its stored like other FTB stuff (e.g. nbt binary)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It turned out it was all because my server host was out of hard drive space. With backups I'm pulling like 50gigs, lol

But, now that it's all working, I'm glad I didn't do that because everything is back where it should be. Thanks for the help anyway!

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
What are my options for mid/late-game power-gen in Ultimate Reloaded? I just got a quarry and powered armour and am finding I can't keep up.

I don't really have much Iridium.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Infinity Evolved: What can make fire appear at random? I just logged in after several days away from my local world (so not a server), and suddenly there are fires popping up all over around my machinery at the surface.

It was happening at night, and I slept, but it's still happening. The sun doesn't look a different color, and I don't have any effects on me. The only change I can think of making in the past twenty minutes to this area or the last several sessions I was on is changing the foci in my laser drill and reactivating it. No new bees, no new NPCs of any sort, or anything like that.

There are several areas with flammable objects, and they're starting to burn up. I can replace some of those items, but not all of them.

***EDIT***
From what I can tell, it's happening in a 2x4 chunk strip.
***/EDIT***

Last edited:

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Just figured it out. When I restarted my drill, I pulled a firestone ore from the chest and had it in my inventory. Some more searching brought up a thread that asked that question.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there any kind of retriever that would pull from refined storage?

I know there's the interface and importer/exporter. But, those make me specify an item to pull out from RS. I want to pull out everything from a mod into an external storage, but still have access from the central hub.

Even setting a specific item to pull, it also looks like it keeps pulling from the external storage to fill the same external storage. It doesn't stop when the main rs system is empty.

Any advice?

Edit: nm, I'll just filter the general input to sort first, then the rest goes to the RS system. Seems less likely to short circuit itself

Last edited: