Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
currently in age 3 of sevtech just wondering what my best choice of a tank that can be picked up to gather things like liquid starlight or lava?
In terms of picking up, I think that although the tinkers one can only hold 4 buckets that might be your best bet? Hmm

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
the one from rustic that requires iron and gives you 2, it has a lid, put the lid on and break it, and the contents get kept. Holds 8. Can't do hot liquids. So starlight yes, lava no.

I think you can make the ender tech bucket and link it back to a non moving container now.

Make a HUGE tank, link to it, fill it from outside the base, from anywhere.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here’s a question: you know the Sequential Fabricator, that can have fluid crafting with the Fluidic Fabrication augment? Can it be made so recipes can ONLY be done in that and not the standard crafting table, in the same way the Redstone Furnace can have unique recipes?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
In terms of picking up, I think that although the tinkers one can only hold 4 buckets that might be your best bet? Hmm

Unless you build the actual Tinkers' Tank your mod version is new enough. TiCo has two multi-block constructions besides the Smelter that nobody seems to know about... An Oven and a Tank. Each is made of the same blocks the Smelter uses but use different controller blocks.

The Oven cooks a huge number of things simultaneously. You could cook food and ore at the same tine although you'd probably want to use the Smelter for ore. IIRC it cooks more items at a time too.

The Tank also holds a large amount of fluids, depending on the size you make it. It also holds multiple fluids including liquid ore without letting them alloy. Both the Oven and Tank share the size restrictions of the Smelter, 11x11x11 I think, with similar increases to capacity. Even the smallest Tank holds either 16 or 32 buckets (I forget).

You may have seen Automated systems which pump liquid ores through a filter system to separate ore types and even allow you to drain the occasional unwanted liquid like blood. One day I may continue a single world long enough to play with a Smelter/Filter/Tank setup :D

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Try the item repairer from actually additions if you got that in the pack you're playing.

Reactions: y6le
Y

y6le

Try the item repairer from actually additions if you got that in the pack you're playing.

yeah we're playing ftb continuum so we could theoretically make an item repairer but we've got a bit of a deficit of diamonds right now so it's gonna have to wait, thanks tho!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is it possible to automate wither skeleton skull gathering in ftb continuum?
u have Industrial Foregoing(mob duplicator) , extra utilities(drop of evil/cursed earth and mechanical user),tinkers(cleaver) , rftools(spawner can make witherbosses without needing skulls to sustain the process, no entry explosion this way) ,magic bees (adds a species that makes an item that can be auto produced by a bee which is then crafted into wither skeleton skulls) there are probably ones i'm missing.
as i dont play the pack i dont really know how many of the items are disabled ( i also doubt they are that cruel that they would disable every method for auto witherskulls)

Reactions: y6le

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
Would Admin Please tell me acceptable image sizes and types for this forum? There is nothing in the rules about it. This is a fair question. Please answer.

C

Citron

upload_2018-8-11_15-2-2.png

Reactions: Pyure

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
My previous experience with slime chunks made me quite excited to find that I'd serendipitously placed my Botania setup in a Skyblock map right over a slime chunk. I figured a few Narslimmus + a few Mana Spreaders = mana goldmine. Carefully worked my way down to Y=38, and started a floor there, fencing off along the chunk borders. Placed my first Narslimmus so that its range was entirely within the chunk, and linked it to the spreader in the ceiling. Wandered off to get the materials together for a couple more (I was thinking four total, set three blocks in from the corners), expecting to see at least a little profit while I was away. So far, nothing. Any advice? The floor is made of Baobab planks, in case I've somehow stumbled on a weird form of spawn prevention.

EDIT: Never mind. In this, as many things, patience was needed.

Last edited:

onestepahead1011

Jul 29, 2019
All power storage methods have been disabled except for the RFTools powercells.

Thank you.

That's bummer when I was hoping to keep in line with the theme of IE. I realize it's a progression based pack, but they could have been left in... I'm thoroughly enjoying IE and plan to only make the other machines when required for the advancements, then throw them in a chest when I'm done with them.