[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

Timo50

Jul 29, 2019
erm i got a little issue with the version 1.5.10 version of the pack the receipes for the solar panels from tier one to 16 wont be shown anymore.
they are mentioned in the scripts though.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
The final release candidate for V2s open-beta phase is out to the testers, if no major problems arise it should go public within the next 2-4 weeks :)

Reactions: Timo50

Ruby_Samurai

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I hope the development goes well. Are you going to upload the pack to the other launcher (mainly speaking about Curse) or stick with the legacy FTB?

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Development is going... pretty okay - the open beta release was originally planned to take place last weekend, but due to a few more things needing attention (and rl things taking up a lot of my time recently) it will be delayed by 1 or 2 weeks...
Other than that things have been going well ^^

Regarding curse: SITL will stay exclusively to legacy FTB for the foreseeable future. The main reasons for that being that uploading modpacks to curse that contain custom/exclusive mods is far from convenient (especially since I don't want random people trying to use said mods anywhere else only to realize that they won't work). Also quite a few mods are not available on curse and the usage permissions we hold were aquired specifically for FTB and FTB only.

Reactions: Timo50

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Alive yes, but completely out of free time for the past few (or more) weeks...
I hope to be able to get the current release-candidate refined and published within the month (or at least before new year) though...
If that doesn't work out I'll try to get my dev-version public, which should run stable (save for a few minor HUD/FontRender glitches I'm still working on)

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't dead! (Though I might by soon if I continue to drown myself in work) :p
The good news is that most of the polishing (especially UI-related) is done and I only have to get the currently in-progress rewrite of some TechOverload internals completed.
However I also have some (potentially) bad news: Due to various technical issues the original late 2016/2017 map concept has been scrapped and will have to be completely reworked (hopefully with a somewhat complete questline) after v2 passes long-term playtesting. There are too many options on the table and too little time at hand right now, bringing the risk of having questlines break due to overlooked issues (which I don't want to happen especially when fixes might take a while).
Also, with how me giving ETAs on v2 has worked out in the past... I probably should just stop with them altogether and say: rc7 is holding up pretty well so far and I hope to be offering up a final changelog soon.

Hmm... where did my stash of gravestones go...

Dre4M

Jan 1, 2014
Ehm, tried whichever version was on FTB Launcher... yeah everything is outdated and buggy. Tried updating wasn't working either some sort of error was constantly causing game to crash D:

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post the crashlog and version history (clean install or update from version x to y) please? Outdated as it is, that prototype should still at the very least run. (And it might be something fixable without an update) :)

Dre4M

Jan 1, 2014
Could you post the crashlog and version history (clean install or update from version x to y) please? Outdated as it is, that prototype should still at the very least run. (And it might be something fixable without an update) :)

Clean install wasn't crashing, but after updating all the mods then crashes started... Probably wrong versions of the mods.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Clean install wasn't crashing, but after updating all the mods then crashes started... Probably wrong versions of the mods.

Okay that explains everything ^^
Unfortunately I can't really tell you which mods are safe to update because I don't remember where (and what kind of) problems occured over the months - and even if I did, some of them required additional patcher modules to be added to TechOverload (my custom mod), so... you'll probably have to live with everything being outdated or wait for me to finally get the v2.0 update done ;)

Dre4M

Jan 1, 2014
Okay that explains everything ^^
Unfortunately I can't really tell you which mods are safe to update because I don't remember where (and what kind of) problems occured over the months - and even if I did, some of them required additional patcher modules to be added to TechOverload (my custom mod), so... you'll probably have to live with everything being outdated or wait for me to finally get the v2.0 update done ;)

Seems like :D Well it was worth giving a try :D